3 replies to this topic

#1 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

So there are a few names Adam and I have been tossing around and Reade and Kenji have been jumping in occasionally and I just wanted to see what you all think.
Girls
Imogen Lilly (Ginny) - I just think it is pretty and love the way it sounds. Reade suggested Lilly and I actually really like the way it flows.
Genesis Loraine (Ginny) - this one I liked because it is biblical like Adam's name but it is also spunky.
Honor Alice (Nora) - I just adore this combo and the nn Nora is wicked cute.
Katara Leigh (Tara) - reade saw the last airbender with a friend and came home screaming about katara and I fell in love with the name.

Boys
Gideon Charles - another biblical name but Adam isn't so keen on this one. I met a little boy named this and thought it was adorable. His sisters were June and Olive
Koda Lee - Adam fell for this one and we couldn't fns a middle name we liked with it other than lee
Wilder Colin - I went to summer camp with a boy named wilder and I absolutely love the name
Kenai Jordan - I have fallen inlove with this one but Adam thinks it is too close to Kai
Carleton Lyle (Carlyle) - I know many of you won't like this name b we have a friend named Carleton and I love Lyle and Adam loves Carlyle so we compromised
Emmerich Jude (EJ) - I loved this name because it is close to Emmett which is now way too popular because of twilight but it is also spunky and original

#2 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

Imogen Lilly (Ginny) - Love this!
Genesis Loraine (Ginny) - Again, I love this!
Honor Alice (Nora) - Honor is a cute name!
Katara Leigh (Tara) - Katara is a beautiful name. (:

Gideon Charles - It's very strong and professional!
Koda Lee - Koda is adorable. (:
Wilder Colin - This is a great name! I've never heard it! B)
Kenai Jordan - This one's not really up my alley, but cute.
Carleton Lyle (Carlyle) - Very cute and classic.
Emmerich Jude (EJ) - Verrrry cute ;D

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Girls
Imogen Lilly (Ginny) - LOVE Imogen! I think is is classically beautiful and underused and the nn Ginny is perfect. I think Imogen Lilly flows nicely as well.
Genesis Loraine (Ginny) - I really like the middle name Lorraine (I think it looks incomplete with one r) Genesis is okay, not really my style but the biblical theme is nice.
Honor Alice (Nora) - I think if you want to use the nn Nora you should go with the fn Honora which I think is much prettier than Honor, but then Honora Alice doesnt flow as nicely as Honor Alice. But with Honora you get rid of the sentence feel like your saying "honor Alice."
Katara Leigh (Tara) - Not a big fan of Katara, its not really my style and Leigh is a filler mn IMO. I think its nice to let the older children have input in a baby's name but you have to love the name as well.

Boys
Gideon Charles - I also know someone named Gideon and I feel it is a bit awkward. I tend to like shorter names or names with short nicknames and Gideon is rather long and doesnt really have any nn possibilities. But if you like it on its own then Gideon Charles is a nice combination.
Koda Lee - I cant say I'm a fan of this name. Koda again isn't really my style and Lee is once again filler to me.
Wilder Colin - Okay, I think Wilder would be a cute name but it depends on how it works with your last name.
Kenai Jordan - Not really my style but definitely unique.
Carleton Lyle (Carlyle) - I think the nn is very creative. I do like the name but wonder about the popularity from twilight.
Emmerich Jude (EJ) - I really like this name B) And I think the nn EJ is adorable.

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

I've got Imogen Lily on my top girl list! I think both names compliment each other nicely B)

I love Honor, Alice, Gideon and Jude on your lists, but the pairings aren't MS B) <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users