4 replies to this topic

#1 const3llati0ns

const3llati0ns

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

I have several questions and so I decided to put them all into one post! :)

I came across the name Kateb recently. It's meant for a boy. What do you think of it? Personally, I think it could work for a girl, but that's probably just me and my weird name mind.

Also, do you prefer the spelling Claire or Clare? I know Claire is more common but I prefer the Clare spelling better so I was just wondering what you thought. :lol:

#2 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Cateb? Hmm... I am really not sure on this name. Looking at it, it seems to be a typo of the name Caleb. I think I like Cate or Catie better for a girl. Just my opinion though.

I think Claire or Clare work equally well. Use the spelling you like.

#3 proudtosayy

proudtosayy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Cooking, Reading.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Kateb just don't look right to me. I feel like I am saying it wrong as well. How would you pronounce that? And just from looking at it, and saying it they way I am from the spelling, I see it as a boys name 100%. I don't see it as a girls name, but again I've never heard of it, so maybe it is a girls name. I have no idea. And I like both Claire and Clare, I don't really think either way is bad.

#4 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Kateb looks off to me. I automatically read Caleb.

And I prefer the spelling Clare, but that's my sister's name so that's just what I'm use to writing :) Though for the longest time, my mom would have to tell everyone Clare without the i.

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

I'm not a fan of Kateb sorry! It kinda looks as if someone was typing too fast and accidently hit a B at the end of Kate :( Though it is very similar to Kaleb / Caleb <3 Tbh Kateb kinda rings as girl to me purely because it just looks like someone named Kate who got a typo <3

And I looove Clare! I just prefer how it looks that way... Claire is lovely as well though. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users