• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joyjoy

joyjoy

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm about 35 weeks with #3 and we are having the hardest time agreeing upon a name!

DD is Selah Claire
DS is Zeke Steven

We are looking for a unique but not overly weird name for this little bundle of love. Some other favorites:

Indigo "Indie" Joy
Indigo Wren

Scout Louise

Lupine Scout
Lupine Wren
Lupine Joy

I've also loved Lupine for a long time (nickname Lu or LuLu), but many people have brought up the wolf reference. In the Rockies, where I've live my entire life, it's a gorgeous and very common wildflower: http://tcpermacultur...nts-lupine.html

Do you think Indigo and Rose go together well?

#2 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Indigo Rose sounds lovely. Someone I know recently had a baby called India Rose, so with that in mind, I also like Indigo Wren just to be a bit different :)

They're both lovely

#3 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Indigo sounds like a boy's name to me. What about Indira, which is an exotic name that still bears the nickname Indie? Rose is such a common middle name, I'd use something more original, unless you're honoring someone with it. Indira Joy is really pretty.

Scout Louise is weird. Since Scout is so childish and nicknamey, why not just name her Jean Louise, as in To Kill a Mockingbird, and call her Scout? Try to imagine President Scout Johnson, or Dr. Scout Smith. There's also a rare name, Scholastica, that works as a full name for Scout.

I sort of want to like Lupine, but I can't stop associating it with wolves (and lupus). Since "lupine" is an adjective that means "relating to wolves," it isn't much different from naming her "bovine" or "feline," at least to those of us who aren't familiar with the flower. Also, "lupine" is used by extension to mean "voracious."

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think Selah Claire, Zeke Steven, and Indigo Rose is a gorgeous sibset.
  • joyjoy likes this

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Indigo Rose, because it is a color and a flower, sounds more like a kind of rose instead of a name.

Indigo Joy is beautiful, though! I love the nickname Indy

#6 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Indigo Rose is beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users