• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

I live an hour or two away, so I guess it'd make sense for the accent to rub off on me. Plus my grandparents on my mums side lived there for a while, and my mum definitely has a boston accent!

Yeahh, most guys have moods though <3 But it's not stupid to be engaged in high school! I mean, if both of you are mature about everything and ready for this, and can handle the stresses of engagement then why not? :D [and, of course, are in love! <3]. Mike has mentioned us being married and all, he brings it up sometimes. But he said my college would get in the way, and his having 1 more year of high school (I am ahead a grade :P ). So it'd be too hard to be engaged or married for us while I live in a totally different state and all </3 But he sometimes talks about moving out together and having kids. Sometimes I bring it up and he's just ehh but so far he wont completely disregard what I say or tell me he doesn't want to talk about it. We're both very chill people, too easy going and relaxed to have much problems with anything. And both very open to talking about anything. So I guess it works very well for us haha. But being just sixteen, I suppose it's fair to want to be sixteen a lot of the time. In moderation, really. Enjoy being young while it lasts :o I would give my hand in marriage in a heart beat if Mike asked, but I am certainly enjoying my youth and all while I'm young <3

#22 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Southern Ohio. Martin's goin to the military while I'm in college so it works well. Only ###### thing, my dad can't stand him & his mom hates me. But thanks, most peozjple think we're crazy & never gonna last.

#23 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Mmm, though I'm sure you'll really miss him a lot though :D <3 Aww, I'm sure once things get settled your dad will get over it, and his mum will get to like you :P Maybe they just need to get to know you guys better? My parents hated every friend/boyfriend that every became friends with me without getting to know them at the same time. So thankfully Mike comes up to my house and chats with them. Like if I go to my room and say I'l be back in a minute he'll go to my parents and chat with them about anything. Then when I'm not home he plays video games with my little brother until I get back or they get bored. And he chats with my other siblings as well. So my parents are quite fond of how he is so friendly. Bothers me a bit, cause sometimes I'll want to boredly hang around my house with him, but he'll start chatting with my family >_> Oh well. At least I get more priveleges because they like him. And his family adores me. I told them about my college plans and they are so proud of me! And I am always over there chatting and all, and they adore me hah! This is the first boyfriend that I've ever had that is like this, and it's kinda nice :o

I think the key is to have a real connection, and lots of heart! Cause at the end of the day, if you can sit and eat dinner together and have a happy conversation, or talk about problems and really understand each other, always back each other up and catch each other when you fall, love each other through thick and thin, and all that fun stuff, and of course a will to make it work; you'll be fine! <3 Not sure what kind of music you like, but I heard this one country song I really like "Love like crazy" and it basically sums it all up :o I think I'm gunna add it to my siggy now lol, I love the song! :D

#24 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

We've been together 13 months & friends for almost 4 years now. My dad thinks he's a stupid ###### & says that for 16 we're way too serious (he doesn't know we're engaged) & his mom thinks I'm just using him.
I'm fine with his siblings & dad & I can get along with his mom. He & Katlyn fight like cats & dogs but they both say they wouldn't trade each other. & Cole, well, if he has someone that challenges him @ COD he's content.
I think it'll work out with our parents after they get used to the idea & accept the fact that the other isn't leaving.

#25 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Aww, thats sweet! :o 13 months!!! Like 13 years in teenager time tehehe <3 I've only been with Mike for four months, and known him since I was fifteen as friends and all. So about two and a half years :D Lol, congrats though! :o

In Ohio do you need a signature or something being your under eighteen to be officially engaged? Or are you too just engaged by each others word and all? :D But that sucks, not giving the poor guy a chance :L Is there a reason more than he just doesn't like him? Or is your dad just like that? My dad certainly is unimpressed that I'm dating, as is my mum. Cause they're religious and don't believe in dating. But they decided he's less stupid than the other guys I've brought home, soo.... yeah. But the best you can do is prove otherwise :) Do you guys include your parents within your lives? Cause really, parents are usually wicked nice if you include them, so they don't feel left out and all. Unless they are just the type that like to cause problems. But yeah, honestly its nice to have family approval. I greatly dislike my family cause they tend to be.. verbally abusive. But they are nicer to me when I let them feel like they know whats going on in my life and all. They feel in control, which my parents LOVE. Very controlling parents, so yeahh.

Thats good, though! That you can get along with the siblings and dad :D So its just his mum thats being a *****? Oh well, she'll learn to get over it once she see's you two succefully work things out ;)

Mmm, things will probably get easier once you prove them wrong. Sucks that you have to even try though :D I just say what they want to hear.... its much easier. I dislike dealing with the drama anymore. I get too stressed... and my parents will shadow me everywhere and take my phone and ground me if they don't feel like they have total control... so it's not worth it :/

I wish I could get married now and all, cause it makes me feel like things will be more permanent and all <3 I mean, I know we both say its forever and always. But taking the actual step of marriage makes it feel more official in my mind. I feel like it'd be stupid to bring up to him... so I don't. I teased him one time cause he said he'd propose to me sometime. And I asked him what he'd say if I proposed to him and he's like "I wouldn't accept that! Cause I'M gunna propose to YOU!" and we laughed for a while, But we both believe inside that we'll be forever. Even his mum thinks so! She'll call me his permanent girlfriend, and introduced me to the family and shows me off and all. I'm feeling so lucky, cause if neither family supported us it'd certainly strain things and all :P His mum says he can move out and live with me any time he wants. It's just my parents... they will hold on as long as they can <3 It also wouldn't work with me in NY for college and him in NH for senior year of high school :/ he said he'll get us a place in NY though, next year <3

I wish the best of luck to you two! :D

#26 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

My parents have a crappy relationship & my dad blames it on the fact that they started dating so young. We aren't engaged officially, just words. We were gonna wait but he got impatient. You need a parent signature for everything down here. His dad would sign but neither of my patents would.
Martin's not the brightest guy ever but he's not dumb & being from WV he says a lot of things wrong. That and he thinks he's better at things than he is when he's not great & downplays how good he is at other things.
I love his dad though. His dad introduces me as his daughter in law & other little things like that.
My parents are boobs although my mom's let up on giving me crap. My dad tells me almost daily to dump him. Which is bass akwards cuz me & my mom fight all the time & my dad & I get along.
If I wasn't depending on my parents to help pay for college I'd move in with Martin the summer between us leaving for military/college but my parents said that they won't help if I do that so I'm stuck.
Thanks! Hope everything works with you & your bf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users