• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 namenerd16

namenerd16

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I am a teen writer that is currently working on a novel (Obviously). I am wanting to come up with a pseudonym instead of using my real first name. It's really to honor my grandfather who passed away a couple of years ago, he was a really big supporter of my writing, but sadly never got to see me finish anything. His middle name was Jay, and I would like to work that in to my pseudonym (Or Ken because that was his first name). My real first name ends in Essa, so I would also like to try to fit that in as well. If it doesn't work, I won't be too crushed, I'm more worried about the Jay part. My two that I've come up with are Jayla and Jaynessa (I am a girl if you couldn't already tell). I really like the pronunciation of Jaynessa, but it looks really...clunky. No offense to people who have this name, but it just looks like too much to me, and this is coming from somebody who has a long, and eye catching first name. Plus I'm worried that I would slip up and pronounce it Janessa, which I also love. I'm just really wanting to get Jay into my name like I said before. Any suggestions are welcome. Another thing you guys can play around with is that Anna is part of my name as well (Pronounced Ah-Na, like Anna from Frozen). Thanks, I know this was a really long post!

P.S. I will applaud anyone who guesses my real first name. Hints: It has Essa and Anna in it, it's an invented name, starts with a T, and has a common, modern nickname that I go by.

#2 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Jayde Kennedy

Jessa Kendall

- I hope this helps some. I do agree that Jaynessa is too clunky as a pseudonym, I think that pseudonyms should be fairly simple, easy to read, and easy to pronounce.

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Jaymee Kendall could also be nice. 

Your first name sounds really pretty, but I can understand why you might not want to use it for privacy purposes and whatnot. The only thing I could think it would be is Tessanna or something. They probably call you Tess, right?

#4 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

I like the above suggestion of Jaymie Kendall, that sounds good and covers all of your bases

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

S.J. was the first thing that came to my mind, or Es Jay. Jessa would be super cute as well!

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Jayna S. LN?

#7 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

What about going all out and using Joy instead of Jay?  Just Joy (surname).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users