• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vonwest

vonwest

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

We have the first and last name: Bryson Ismaili. I am half Swedish, so I would like a Scandinavian middle name. A family member suggested that the middle name be Ingvar after a family member. I know this is not a common name in the US, but that could be part of the charm. Thoughts? My husband is pestering me to finalize a middle name. Other thoughts on a middle name are Lars, Gunnar, Alaric, Alrik (or some variation of the name).

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

I'm all for using a family name, but I've always felt it should be after someone who is important to you, rather than just some name plucked from the family tree.  Unless that person made a huge impact in your life, like the first one in your family to move to a different country or was a particularly admirable person.

And I agree, there is a lot more lee way on traditional/complicated spellings in the middle name spot verses a first name.  The middle name is rarely written out or used in its entirety so feel free to get creative with an unique middle. 

Going just by flow, I think Bryson Ingvar Ismaili is nice.  I also like Alaric.  Good luck!

#3 vonwest

vonwest

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

Thank you! Yes, Ingvar happens to be my favorite relative. Gunnar is also a relative whom I have never met (grandfather). The others are just names I like. I only have a week and a half to decide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users