13 replies to this topic

#1 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

So, these days I've being getting attached to the name Max.
I asked sometime ago what full name you guys liked best.. you seemed to prefer Maxwell, but my favourite version remains Maximilian.
I always shoved it to the back of my mind though, because it seemed like such a long and difficult name.
But I think I found a combo that I like, and it also gives me the possibility of using a name that I love, but is too close to Grace to use as a fn.

So what do you think of Maximilian Jace?

EDIT: Maximilian is a variant of Maximus, which means "the greatest".
Jace is a variant short form of Jason, which means "The Lord is my salvation".

Think I could pull off "The Lord is my greatest salvation?" ;)

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

I really like it! I absolutely love Jase (Jace is okay) and Max so this is a win-win! ;)

#3 Morgan(:

Morgan(:

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I love hanging out with my friend and i also am obsessed with swimming on my neighborhood swim team

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Aw Adorible i love both names alot!!

#4 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

I think it's an incredibly handsome name. I love anything that has the nick name Max.

#5 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

oh nadia i love it

Maximilian Jace

saying it just sounds beautiful and strong:P

#6 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

Ohhh I'm glad you like it girls!
Definitely added to my favourites list! ;)

#7 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

I love it!
Jace is not a name I like on its own, but it really works with Maximilian.
Maximilian Jace is a very handsome and strong combo with a great meaning.

#8 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

I think it is wonderfully balanced (syllables, emphasis, flow, traditional/trendy, masculine, etc) and I love it. I don't know if I would ever use it personally, but still, way to go!

#9 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

Thanks, Fez & Heather {I can call you heather, right? :)}!

Would you classify Jace as trendy? I never thought about it until I found out it branches off from Jason (Which I think is rather trandy) .. until now, it always had a warrior feeling to me. I guess I'm just strange :)

#10 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

Thanks, Fez & Heather {I can call you heather, right? :)}!

Would you classify Jace as trendy? I never thought about it until I found out it branches off from Jason (Which I think is rather trandy) .. until now, it always had a warrior feeling to me. I guess I'm just strange :P

Sure you can call me Heather, I don't really like my name and mostly put it on there so people would know I'm a girl. My avatar/signature are really dark compared to most of yours and I didn't want people to think I'm a guy. But its the name my parents gave me so go ahead.

As to Jace, I had never heard it before I got into names. Popularity wise, it isn't particularly fast and has been around for a fair amount of time - 1970ish according to parentsconnect.com - so I don't really think it is a one-hit-wonder type name. I think you totally pull Maximillion Jace off without sounding like a trend follower. I definitely like Jace or maybe Jayce better than Jase. Definitely feeling the warrior thing too, I think is is because it is so close to mace (the weapon) which isn't a bad reference at all. It only strengthens Maximillian. Good luck! :)

#11 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

As to Jace, I had never heard it before I got into names. Popularity wise, it isn't particularly fast and has been around for a fair amount of time - 1970ish according to parentsconnect.com - so I don't really think it is a one-hit-wonder type name. I think you totally pull Maximillion Jace off without sounding like a trend follower. I definitely like Jace or maybe Jayce better than Jase. Definitely feeling the warrior thing too, I think is is because it is so close to mace (the weapon) which isn't a bad reference at all. It only strengthens Maximillian. Good luck! :)

Yes, I'm aware it is not very popular-- which is something I like about it. Uniqueness definitely adds to a name, in my opinion.
I think Maximilian is probably as far from trendy as you can get, and its strenght adds to that warrior feeling I was talking about. :)
I only wondered because I now realize Jace can sound very similar to Jase, as a nickname of sorts to Jason... but I shouldn't worry about!
I'm loving the combo ♥

#12 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yes, I'm aware it is not very popular-- which is something I like about it. Uniqueness definitely adds to a name, in my opinion.
I think Maximilian is probably as far from trendy as you can get, and its strenght adds to that warrior feeling I was talking about. :)
I only wondered because I now realize Jace can sound very similar to Jase, as a nickname of sorts to Jason... but I shouldn't worry about!
I'm loving the combo ♥

Are you pronouncing Jase and Jace differently? Just curious by what you mean ^^ lol

#13 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Lol, Alyssa, I probably explained myself horribly :)

No, I pronounce them the same way.. that's why people could confuse the full name Jace with the more nickname-ish (in my opinion) Jase... and think I gave my son a trendy nickname as his middle name :)
I hope that made sense!

#14 MCWR

MCWR

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

Jace is my brother's name. I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users