• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

Not pregnant, just collecting names. 

I've been thinking of honoring my grandpa somehow.  I don't know if I want to use William itself though.  I love the name, but there are several other William's in my family.  I wanna look at other options for both genders besides Wilhelm and Wilhelmina (which I love too).  Either as a first or middle name, but most likely a middle.  It doesn't specifically have to be a form of William.  Just a similar name is fine.

Please don't suggest Willa or Willow (or Billie!) for girls or Willard or Liam for a boy.  I don't care for them.

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Names beginning with Wil:

Wilson

Wilder

Willoughby

Willem

Wilberforce

Wiley

Willis

Wilbur

Wilhelm

Wilma

Names with a similar meaning:

Anselm

Bruno

Edmund

Jacob

Raymond

Liv

Rosamund

Names that I feel are similar in style to William:

James

Thomas

Samuel

Frederick

Albert

George

Alexander

Benjamin

Andrew

Charles

Edward

Joseph

David

Henry

Michael

Margaret

Charlotte

Catherine

Elizabeth

Sarah

Isabel

Penelope

Jane

Claire

Mary

Victoria

Emma

Anna

Caroline

#3 Sweetpea

Sweetpea

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Was going to say Lily for a girl & Willis for a boy. BTW I love the name Laney & we are thinking of it if we have a baby girl but perhaps with an I before the N. Just curious as to how your name has treated you in life so far? Ps sorry for hijacking your pose

#4 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Was going to say Lily for a girl & Willis for a boy. BTW I love the name Laney & we are thinking of it if we have a baby girl but perhaps with an I before the N. Just curious as to how your name has treated you in life so far? Ps sorry for hijacking your pose

lol I already have Lilia as my top girls' name but I've never thought to use Lily/Lilia to honor my grandpa, despite the similar sounds.  I like the idea of Willis.  Prefer it as a middle name.

Actually, Laney is just my nickname (I hate my real name.  I plan on legally changing it to Helena eventually and I'll keep my nickname.  I started to use it in informal situations).  The nickname hasn't caused any problems other than occasional misspellings.

#5 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Names beginning with Wil:

Wilson

Wilder

Willoughby

Willem

Wilberforce

Wiley

Willis

Wilbur

Wilhelm

Wilma

Names with a similar meaning:

Anselm

Bruno

Edmund

Jacob

Raymond

Liv

Rosamund

Names that I feel are similar in style to William:

James

Thomas

Samuel

Frederick

Albert

George

Alexander

Benjamin

Andrew

Charles

Edward

Joseph

David

Henry

Michael

Margaret

Charlotte

Catherine

Elizabeth

Sarah

Isabel

Penelope

Jane

Claire

Mary

Victoria

Emma

Anna

Caroline

I like most of the names that are similar in meaning and style to William.  They're great!  :)  Of the names beginning with -wil, I like Willis and Wilson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users