1 reply to this topic

#1 bumblebee1116

bumblebee1116

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, running

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Okay, so I’m writing a story featuring the following group of friends and relations. It contains a sort of “story within a story” that parallels what’s happening in the outer story. Therefore, each girl has a story “counterpart” who also needs a name. I’m pretty much set on the names of the girls in the outer story and now need corresponding names for their counterparts. They can stylistically similar, start with the same name, fit the personality, whatever you think is best. I’m open to any and all suggestions. I’m not as concerned with giving them middle names, but if you have ideas, feel free to throw them out there.

Melanie Jean (18) is the oldest of the group. She’s not tall, exactly, but she is taller, and very lithe. Her hair is a dark blonde to light brown in color and she has light brown eyes. As the oldest, she’s the most serious and the most responsible. She has an incredibly kind nature, and is known for being graceful, classy, and sweet. She virtually never gets mad and can be a real pushover at times. She is a very dedicated dancer, particularly ballet. Considering Amelia, Marguerite, Natalie, Anneliese, Emily, Margot, Charlotte
Lucy Kathleen (15) is Melanie’s younger sister. She’s on the short side and has a more athletic build than Melanie. Her hair is a little lighter than Melly’s, probably honey blonde and her eyes are a bit darker. Lucy is much more forceful than Melanie. She says what she thinks and means what she says. She thinks outside the box and has a way with words. Lucy’s a diabetic, but she doesn’t let that hold her back from anything. Considering Celia, Claire, Cordelia, Zoe, Molly, Grace, Mia, Rose
Katherine Marissa “Katie/Kate” (15) is their cousin and is two months older than Lucy. Kate is tall and athletic, with medium to dark brown hair. They refer to her eyes as “Harry Potter eyes” since they are bright green, distinctive, and inherited from her mother. Kate is especially smart for her age and very strategic. She’s determined, strong, and very protective of her younger siblings. She and Lucy are very close. Considering Juliet, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Anna, Caroline, Rebecca, Claire
Megan Cordelia “Meggie” (11) is Kate’s younger sister. She’s small, with strawberry blond hair and Harry Potter eyes. Meggie is a good friend – friendly, compassionate, loyal – but also pretty shy. Her sweetness makes her a natural born charmer, and everyone who meets her falls in love with her. She loves fiercely, particularly her baby sister. Considering Grace, Maeve, Violet, Kelly, Maura, Shannon
Audrey Isabella (6) is the youngest. Physically, she’s essentially a miniature version Kate, which her brothers tease her about. Like Kate, she is confident and determined, and like Meggie, she is a natural born charmer, which she uses much more manipulatively than her sister does. She can be a bit dramatic at times, but is more easy-going than either of her sisters. Considering Cecelia, Clara, Eva, Caroline, Grace, Sophia, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Aurora
Abigail _____ “Abby” (15) is Kate’s best friend. Abby is taller than Lucy, but shorter than Kate. She has hazel eyes and blondish hair – I guess you would call it butterscotch. Like Kate, she is intelligent, but hers is more creative than strategic. She is quite mature and frequently plays both peacekeeper and moral center for her more devious friends. Considering Lydia, Claire, Eleanor, Leah, Isabel, Jessie, Hannah, Eliza, Priscilla

Like I said, all input would be awesome. I really like the considerations for Kate, Abby, and Melanie, but I'm not as sold on any of the others. Also, if anyone has ideas for a middle name for Abby, I would love to hear them. Thanks so much!

#2 heimarmene

heimarmene

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

To help diminish reader confusion, I guess I'd say pick the parallel-girl's name with the same letter that starts the name of the original girl's - for example, Melanie's doppelganger would be Margot.

I really like the idea for this story!

Melanie, Margot.
Lucy, Lanah/Lana.
Kate, Kara/Kaylin.
Meggie, Mia.
Audrey, Aurora. (Personally, I think this is the perfect name for a determined charmer!)
Abigail, Annabelle/Anabelle.

Let me know how it goes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users