What kind of individual comes to mind when you hear these names?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alicia Rodriguez_*

Guest_Alicia Rodriguez_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

My husband Adam and I are expecting twins in April. We are gladly anticipating the arrival of our son and daughter, however, we are still finalizing our name options. My question was, when you hear the following names what kind of individual do you associate with that name (what kind of person do you picture). Also let me know what names you all like the best! The names are as followed:

Boys:

Lyell Sullivan Stanley

Jacob Benjamin Stanley

Girls:

Astrid Alexandra Stanley

Madelyn McKenzie Stanley

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Boys:

Lyell Sullivan Stanley  - Lyell makes me think of an introspective person, maybe tall, thin build with dark hair. Not overly athletic but not exactly overly bookish either.  Maybe the type of kid who would be a free thinker and start a rock band. 

Jacob Benjamin Stanley - Jacob is more generic and I feel could fit a lot of different personality types.  Your average nice guy, athlete or scholar. 

Girls:

Astrid Alexandra Stanley - Astrid makes me think blonde beauty, sweet and innocent, smart and free thinking, lover of reading. 

Madelyn McKenzie Stanley - Madelyn "Maddie?" is my sister's name, when I hear Madelyn I think strong and spunky personality, very friendly and well liked person, always on the go and doing something fun.

I think all four combinations are wonderful choices.  Good Luck! 

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

I think all four combinations are nice, but I like Astrid Alexandra Stanley and Jacob Benjamin Stanley the most

Madelyn McKenzie reminds my of my cousin Maddy, so I think blonde, cute, sweet. Unfortunately I've had a few negative connotations with McKenzie, so I'm not really a fan of the name. But this is all just my opinion. 

With Astrid Alexandra, I love how well it flows with two A names. I think Astrid is a very strong, solid name, and I picture a smart, tough girl. Alexandra is also a nice smart name but the A and the end makes it more feminine and girly, going nicely with Astrid. I really love this combo.

I really like Jacob Benjamin Stanley. I know a few different Jacobs with completely opposite ages and personalities, so my 'view' of this name as a person is a bit hazy.

Lyell Sullivan Stanley is nice, but I feel like it's a bit dated compared to your other name choices. I first picture an older man, but I can also see a cute little boy with this name. 

I feel that no matter which name you pick you'll make a good decision. Good luck, though!

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I like Jacob Benjamin and both girls names. Lyell, to me, is a bit dated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users