Photo

This is gonna be one confusing Christmas...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JaneyDragonfly

JaneyDragonfly

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

Ugh...so Jayson's childs mother has decided on a name.

Jayda Lynn Kelley

I think it's beautiful and all, but this is my complication...

(Of course, it doesn't matter to her at all, and she had no idea, so it's not her fault.)

My brothers name is J.D

He has an infant daughter named Jadie Lynn (using the middle name only to prevent confusion)

My sister has a son named Jaidon

My other brother (not biological) has a son named Jayden

Of course, there is my Jayson

and now

Jayda Lynn

It's so close to Jadie Lynn it makes me squirm! They're going to be around the same age and playing together ALL the time!

I cant ask her not to use the name because of MY family. So unless Jayson hates it (but how could he?)...Christmas is gonna be really confusing...

*sigh*

#2 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

Like you said you can't really ask her to change it because of your family.

Good luck!

#3 JaneyDragonfly

JaneyDragonfly

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Zayda. :)

In theory, it IS Jayson's family too. But I dont think it should matter. It's her baby, not mine. (Whether she's my daughter too or not).

I think I'm more bothered by the fact that she chose something without any input at all from Jayson.

#4 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

Wow, that's a lot of J's. :)

#5 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

Lol That is alot of J's... But talk to Jason and see what he thinks and then maybe he can talk to her... Because you are right your family is his family too

#6 JaneyDragonfly

JaneyDragonfly

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Yeah! We have a long line of John's too, and Jonathan's in both our families and I have two cousins, Jason and Jeremy. Aswell as a few uncle Joe's haha. The J's are EVERYWHERE!

I dont in any way think it should be my decision. I was just AMAZED that she picked a name so similar. What are the chances? lol Jayson will support whatever decision she makes, he's just that type of guy. He may try to convince her on a name he likes more. But if he likes Jayda, they'll stick to it.

I really really like it, especially because it's sort of a combination of mine and Jayson's names too, so it falls in place. Jayson, Sarah and Jayda sounds nice.

I was thinking earlier, maybe my family can just call her Lynn? But I'm not a fan of just Lynn. *shrugs* I guess it doesnt matter too much, as holidays will probably be the only time all of them are together. Jayda Lynn and Jadie Lynn will be a problem though. I guess we'll just have to make up cute little nick names for them when they're together.

I just thought you guys would get kindof a chuckle out of it.

#7 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Maybe shell want to be called by her mn or your Family can call her by her mn... I went by my mn untill i was like 12 and everyone in my family still calls me by it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users