4 replies to this topic

#1 GustyLeaves

GustyLeaves

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

I have been working on a Name List and I was wondering if Rodney felt too old for a new child. I really like the style and feel of the name, I just wanted to get some feedback. 

Also if you have any, feel free to leave down middle names.

I am looking for some purely off of sound as I don't feel that any of my male family members have names that go well with it as much as i would like it to.

#2 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

It does seem old, but then again - it also seems terrible to me from asscoation. There was a guy on season 30 of survivor named Rodney who was just, a terrible misogynist and a disgusting human in general, like the worst, ever, so I could never see that name without thinking of that.

#3 charmingbabynames

charmingbabynames

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Middle Earth, Narnia, Anime, Percy Jackson, Miraculous Ladybug, HTTYD, Tales of Arcadia, Star Wars, Disney, Marvel, The Selection, B99 / Writing, Reading, Singing, Digital Art

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

I am not particularly fond of the name, but if you love it then you could use it. I think Rodney though would sound better as a middle name instead. And I do know someone with the name Rodney who is a great man.

Here are a few suggestions I think would pair well with it either as a first or middle:

Harrison

Kai

Lowen

Paxton

Lawson

Sebastian

Wesley

Calder

Theron

Lionel

Nole

Felix

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

I think it's perfectly usable. :) I don't love it personally but I can't see why not. 

#5 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the name Rodney, but I don't have anything against it either. I think it's perfectly usable and I don't find it too old-fashioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users