• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hello Everyone!

Like you, I'm really into names. I'm also pretty into animals--like my two sweet cats whom I LOVE!
So, I was just curious--what are the names of your pets (if you have any). How did you pick their name(s)?
If you don't have any animals, what would you name your dream pet(s)?

Also, if you want, share some cute or silly pet names that you've heard of or seen before.

Hope you have fun!

--Catie /Imaginationgirl

#2 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'll go ahead and do mine.
My pets are listed below:

Lilly -- Lilly is a love bird. We named her Lilly because her coloring looked exactly like our day lilies that were growing in our front yard.
We think Lilly is a super sweet name and we love our bird a lot.

Sadie -- Sadie is a dog, but we're not sure what breed. She came to us as a puppy, and we decided to keep her because my siblings had been praying for a dog. At first we called her Diamond because of a diamond shaped spot on her back. Later we re-named her 'Sadie Diamond' because we all thought Sadie was a cute name for our dog. Now though, I wish her name was different because Sadie kind of clashes with my name, Catie.

Binky -- Binky is our super sweet cat! He's black and is missing one leg (we had to get it amputated because he was hit by a car). Binky is really nice and we've had him and his sister since they were kittens (Actually, their Mama was our cat until she died). We named Binky his name because he was kind of big as a kitten...he's named after Binky Barnes from our favorite kid TV show, Arthur. So anyway, we all thought Binky was a really cute name for our really cute cat. I love my Binky Binks. :P

Freddie -- Freddie is Binky's sister. She is also super sweet! We named her Freddie because, like Binky, she also was kind of a big kitten and she ate a lot. The reason Freddie matches that is because my siblings and I played this really fun computer game where a little girl was named Freddie. Freddie (in the game) ate a lot of food! We know that because we had to cook for her. :) So anyway, we liked the name Freddie for our sweetheart, and it stuck. Freddie is prettiest cat I've ever seen!

Those are my pets! The funniest pet name I've ever seen, is my Freddie's kitten who's name WAS Mittie, but her new owner changed it to...Cupcake McSprinkleton. I know, it's really funny! Well, that's all for me. Hope you all share some of your fun pet names!

#3 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

So, I have had a lot of pets, so here are all of them

Fish:
Rhino - Beta, I picked his name when I was five, I must have had a cold at the time :P (haha, Rhino virus..... :))
Turkey - White Cloud, again, I was five, give me a break!
Cranberrie - White Cloud, Turkey's friend, I was five, yes, his name was spelled like this :)
Bread - White Cloud, Another fishy food (:) I am on a roll today!)
Penut Buter - White Cloud, Ok, yes, his name was spelled like this :) though when ever I need to write my pets, I use Peanut Butter :)
Jelly - White Cloud, Yes, he was a fish (Jelly the fish, Jelly fish.)

Dogs:
Goldie - Havenese/Coton de tular, she was already named

Cats:
Presscott - Non-Pedigree, His first name was Targott, but I didn't like that.
Willow - Calico, Found out she was the neighbor's cat :) named Fatima (She looked more like a Willow :D)
Tomato - ????, I picked his name because he always layed around like a sqaushed tomato :P
Sir Symon Charles - Non-Pedigree, WHO KNOWS! lol

If I had a.....
Horse - he would be named Amarxious
Orange Cat - he would be named Prince Harry :P (I wonder why?????)
St. Bearnard/German Shephard - he would be named Major

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

I have 4 cats called Rocky, Evie, Stella and Rover.

Rocky and Evie we got from the cat shelter, so they already had their names, but they're pretty cute.

Stella and Rover we got as kittens, Stella is called that because my step-mum loves Stella (as in the drink), and Rover is called that because my dad is a douche and decides, "I know, let's give our cat a name that is generally used for dogs!" but it suits him actually.

I used to have a black and white fluffy cat called Jess, because she looked like Jess from Postman Pat :P

I also had a hamster called Ginger, she was a yellowy orange colour.

My sister had a hamster called Milly, I dunno why...

Ooh, we also have a fish called Jimmy...again that was my dad :)

~Hannah~

#5 Alexx

Alexx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Precious Amber *Amber*- My mom and dad actually chose her name because when i was little i wanted to name her donut :P Im pretty sure they named her Amber because she is a brownish color and they added Precious in the front because they were going to breed her since she is a pure-bred boxer. She looks wicked mean and has a relly loud bark but she would only hurt someone if they were hurting me or my family. She is very seet and VERY Hyper, especially when shes been outside in the cold winter air (its like she just sniffed a sharpie marker :) )

Sammy *Sammy*- aka Fattie Boy, Sam Sam, Mr. Crooked Head, Sammy Boy etc. He is VERY fat, but it because he eats amber's food and his so he just gains more and more wight. The last time i checked he was over 16/17 pounds. He is very sweet and will lay on you or next to you if you call him up. We got him and his sister Sophie about two years ago from one of my mom's friends who had to move and couldnt keep them.

Sohphie *Sophie*- aka Sophie Kitty, Soph Soph, Sophakinz etc. She isnt that much lighter than Sammy but her fur is very soft (unlike his) She is very quiet and meows once in a great while (usually if shes mad or wants food) Her and Sammy look NOTHING alike but did come from the same litter.

Posted Image
Sammy(Top Left), Sophie(Top Right) and Amber(Center)

#6 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Haha, those are such cute and funny names! Thank you all for sharing! O-Ryley, I love Penut Butter and Jelly! Oh and AlleyCat-- your pets look so cute! HH22, naming your cat Rover is so funny, but cool!

We've had a lot more pets over the years too.

Other Cats:

Buddy Buster -- My Dad bought him from a Shelter as a gift for my Mom. She didn't want a cat though, so we gave him to our Grandparents who lived close by the next day. His original name was Buddy, but they added on the Buster part.

Cutie Pie -- Cutie Pie was a Cutie Pie, what can I say? We had Cutie Pie for nearly 6 years before she ran away. She wasn't the nicest cat ever, but I loved her! Miss you, Cutie Pie!

Penelope -- We got Penelope and Cutie Pie when they were kittens, but Penelope was the runt and didn't live very long. :P My sister loved the name Penelope and so she was the one who convinced us to name her that.

Milo Pumpkin Patch -- This was an orange cat, the son of Cutie Pie. We usually just called him Milo or Pumpkin. We got the name Milo from the movie Milo and Otis, Pumpkin because he was Orange and Patch because we like to go to our town's Pumpkin Patch. :) Milo was soooooo sweet and I miss him a lot! He was born on my birthday and lived just over 4 years. We think he ran off and got hurt. :) I miss my Milo!

Wendy-- Wendy was Freddie and Binky's Mama. We named her Wendy after Wendy Moira Angela Darling from Peter Pan. Wendy was the most friendliest cat in the world! I miss you, Wendy!

Kittens:
These are the kittens we had to give away. Cutie Pie had 4, and we kept 1 (Milo). Wendy had 7 and we kept 2 (Freddie and Binky). Freddie had 7 (although one was stillborn) and we didn't keep any. :) Our grandparents took one of the though, and our friend's took a couple and so we get to see most of Freddie's kitties on occasion.

We named Cutie Pie's kittens: Milo Pumpkin Patch, Precious, Diamond and Ruby. However, we actually found out that all of them were boys! Haha, oh well.

Because Wendy had 7 kitties, and because we were getting ready to do a Sound of Music Play that fall, we named each of her kittens starting with the same letters as the von Trapp children. They were the following: Little Jay (he sadly died after a few days...the stands for Jesus--my siblings said: Little Jay died so they other kittens could live. Aw, kind of sad by still aw), Freddie, Leah, Koala (he looked like a Koala!), Binky, Muffin and Grey Matter (This is after a Ben 10 alien). So, that was: Little Jay, Freddie, Leah, Koala, Binky, Muffin and Grey-Matter. :)

Freddie's kittens actually had several names...most of them were named after our cousins. Nathan (or Nay-Nay) was named after our oldest cousin, Nathan because Nay-Nay kind of looked like our cousin in a way (the coloring--and Nay-Nay was tanish orange at birth--orange reminds us of our cousin). And he's named after him because they share the same birthday. :D The other kittens are the following: Mittie (Other name is Mittens or Sally--after our cousin Sally), Mattie (Full name is Grey-Mattie--because she looked like her Uncle Grey Matter. Other name is Jackie after our cousin, Jack), Puffy (or Logan--after our cousin, Logan)--Puffy was just so fluffy and well, puffy! We think up weird names sometimes...next is Tiffy or Tyra (Tyra is after Tyson, yes you guess it--our cousin!) and lastly is one who wasn't named after a cousin (we only have 5 cousins)--her name was Cassie, but her owners latter changed it to Cali. (She is kind of a calico). Sadly, we didn't name the stillborn one. :) Well, anyways, that's all the kittens!

FISH:

Blue Belle -- He was a Blue Beta Fish and I thought Blue Belle would be a nice name for him. I took care of him for over two years until he died. :)
Cuz -- This was a fish that was given to my brother by our cousin...my brother said, I'm going to name him 'Cuz' because I got him from my cousin!

Heat Blast - We got Heat Blast and the two fish below all together. My brother's were obssesd with the show Ben 10, and so they named him Heat Blast--which is one of the aliens Ben can turn in to.

??? -- I don't remember this fishes name. He was a goldfish and had another Ben 10 name.

DcKae - Sad name, I know. My little sister wanted to name it after our good friend, McKae who was playing at our house the day we got the 3 gold fish. Well, my little sister couldn't say McKae at the time--so instead she said 'DcKae' and we named the fish that. It was sad whenever the fish died a few weeks later--we ran and said 'DcKae' died! My Grandma thought we meant the real McKae!! It was horrible for her....

Lastly,
...we had a hamster named Fuzzy. We got him for my brother's birthday and my sister jokingly said--you should name him Fuzzy (because he was really fluffy and fuzzy)--well, He did. My Dad always called him Fluffy because those two names are so similar. Fuzzy was a crazy hamster--once he escaped and we couldn't find him for a week! We made sure he never escaped after that!

SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH! Love you all!

#7 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Smokey--my cat,,i named him Smokey b/c he is a grey cat, i've had him since the 4th grade
Nacho--dad named him
Morris--my orange cat,,momma actually named him
Daisy--be and my bff Mel named this dog.
~Daisy&Nacho had two puppies a girl&boy..so we named them Taco and Buttercup...a food and flower(:

#8 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Oh, those are such cute names! Pets are so awesome! Thank you for sharing!

#9 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Frosting *Stingy* - part Maine coon cat
Tony - tabby
Roo - part Maine coon cat
Pi - domestic short hair

Doom - hamster

Spoons - rat

Moose - brown Newfie
Sirius - black newfie

Patriot - thoroughbred

#10 cute_goth13

cute_goth13

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

Had quite a number of pets in my lifetime!
Have a real soft spot for the smaller furries!

Childhood pets:

Syrian Hamsters:
Tiny - He was my very first hamster, cream & white and uber-tame - really loved this little guy xxx
Lizzie -Tiny's sister, got her from the same litter, ahe was orange and white. no where near as tame as tiny though!
Pip - I 'inherited' this hamster from my neice because she wasn't looking after it.

Russian Hamster:
Smokey - totally wild this one! would bite anything that moved! favourite thing was to run around in the ball & bash into ankles!

Cats:
Jessica & Jemima - had these two sister kittens for a little while, but turned out I was allergic to cats so my mum gave them away. Never really forgave her for that :P

Dogs:
Suki - my very first dog. She was chihuahua, my mum bred them when I was little and Suki is the one I got to choose. Unfortunatly after a few years Mum decided she couldnt breed from Suki anymore so got rid of her. My Dad was furious when he found out cause Suki was supposed to be mine so he made my mum let me keep one of her last puppies.
Blue - Blue was Suki's Daughter. I got to keep this one for most of her life. She was lame so mum never bred from her. Alas when I went to Uni I couldn't bring her with me and when I went home in the holidays my Mum had got rid of her :)

Pets no longer with me:

Syrian Hamsters:
Patches - This lovely girl was my first pet I got after leaving home. She was the largest hamster I've ever known, a real character - she once bit my housemates Rat on the tail!
Scrabble & Dusty - Sweet little guys, brother from the same litter (each had his own cage), Had these two around the same time but a little after getting Patches.
Serenity - another gorgeous hamster, I got her after I lost Patches.
Stitch - another 'inherited' hamster from a different neice. Had him for the last few months of his life.
Roborovski Hamsters:
Mars & Venus - Tiny little hamster nuggets! These two sisters lived together, reminded me of hamster shaped bumble bees!
Gerbils:
Harley & Dash - these two fellas were 'inherited' from my nephews who got bored with them. Still have a nibble hole in one of my sleeves from Harley!
Bracken & Bramble - two darling little girl gerbil's
Mice:
Goblin, Gizmo, Goliath & Gremlin - Our first four girl mice, all sisters all lived together.
Fudge, Willow, Pirate & Copper - these were are second cageful of female mice.
Badger, Bran, Star, Lightning, Cinnamon & Twitch - our third sibling set of mice. All these three litters of mice got along and lived together eventually with the exception of Bran and Fudge who passed on after only a short time with us and Star who hated all other mice and had to live alone.

Meadow, Harvest, Barley, Blackberry - these four little girls we had some time after all our other mice.
Loki - a male mouse most rembered for the fact that he bit the dog once for putting his nose too close to his cage!

Rescue:
Imperial - A male kitten we rescued and lived with us for a short whila until we found him a new home with friends - couldnt keep him ourselves as I'm allergic to cats, but couldn't live him where we found him as the poor thing was neglected - He's still happily ruling the roost at my friedns house though :)

Current Pets:

Winter White Hamster:
Molly - a really tame rescue hamster, She has a lovely colour.
Roborovski Hamsters:
Oscar - So shy, another rescue - this little guy has his own wooden pirate ship to play on
Chinese Hamsters:
Titan, Tethys, Atlas, Io - four brothers, originally lived together but I had to seperate them when they started to fight.
Eddie - Another rescue, had to bring him home from my neighbour's daughter (who also had four boy hamsters together) as he weas fighting the others but her mum wouldnt let her have him in a separate cage.
Gerbils:
Heather - got her to keep Bracken company when Bramble died. After Bracken passed I tried getting Hazel to keep Heather company but they didn't get along. Heather now lives with Poppy.
Hazel - Bit of a bruiser this girl - doesnt seem to like other gerbils at all!
Poppy - Lives with Heather, this baby gerbil is one of three babies My neice gave me after realising the hard way that her two gerbils weren't both girls as she thought!
Lily & Teasel - These baby girls are sisters to Poppy. they live together.
Mouse:
Agamemnon - male mouse - uber shy - squeaks really loud if you pick him up!
Dog:
Gaspode - My very boistrous Jack russell. He's 4 years old and a trouble magnet!

#11 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

~Current Pets~

Boogie "The Boogie Man" aka Boo-Boo :P - Male Doxy
Tango - Male Doxy
Drover - Male Austrailian Blue Heeler
"June" Carter Cash - Female Bloodhound
Johnny "Dodger" Cash - Male Bloodhound

Stanley - Fish

~Previous Pets~

Duce - Male Pitt Bull
Wayland - Male Pitt Bull
Tootsie - Female Doxy
Pootie - Female Doxy
Lucy - Female Doxy
Trace - Male Bloodhound
Conway - Male Bloodhound
Dolly - Female Bloodhound
Rizzo - Female Bloodhound
Midget - Female Bloodhound
Gretchen - Female Bloodhound
Tammy - Female Bloodhound
Bryant - Male Bloodhound
Boone - Male Bloodhound
Paisley - Male Bloodhound
Beauregard "Beau Beau" - Male Shar Pei Mix
Oscar - Male Lab mix
Bandit - Male Austrailian Blue Heeler
Shiloh - Female Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Tuff - Male Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Hoss - Male Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Augie - Male Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Buddy - Male Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Fancy - Female Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Flossy - Female Lab/German Sheppard Mix
Dutchess - Female Black Lab
Delilah - Female Black Lab/Chow Mix
Fred - Male Lab Mix
Tanner - Male Mutt
Reiner - Male Golden Retreiver
Molly - Female Saint Bernard

There were probably a couple more dogs in there somewhere but I can't remember them...

Lulu - Female Cat
Tommy - Male Cat
Reese-cup - Female Cat
Cali - Female Cat
Cinder - Female Cat
Max - Male Cat
Snowball - Female Cat
Nellie - Female Cat

Nightmare - Female Horse
Classy - Female Horse
Spook - Male Horse (Gelding)
Sundance - Female Horse
Sierra - Female Horse

Isaac - Male Goat
Abigail - Female Goat
Nellie - Female Goat

Gabby - Hamster
C.J. - Hamster

Ron - Fish

(We've also had some more fish and hamsters, a few birds and a turtle but I cant remeber what they were called or if they even had names).

#12 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Current Pets:

Isabella: My rabbit.... got her before my one year old niece Isabella was born though!!!
Mikey: Rabbit

Superman, Autumn and Nemo .... hermit crabs!

Also have a bunch of fish and frogs etc... but Dad doesn't name them!!

Previous Pets:

Tinkerbell: Rabbit
Daisy: Rabbit
Clover: Rabbit
Chloe: Rabbit

Ben: Dog
Cindy: Dog

Peek a boo: Hermit Crab

and named a bunch of my fish as a child but cant remember anymore haha

#13 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Wow you guys have had a lot of pets! That is so cool! My favorite animals are cats, and so I've had a lot of kitties in the past 7, 8 years or so.

When I read about all the hamsters--I was shocked--because my family has only had one hamster and that was almost too much for us! But, anyways--pets are awesome and naming them is so fun. Enjoy all your critters everyone! :P

#14 Natalee

Natalee

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Netball, Crafty stuff, babysitting and hanging out with my friends

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Cockatiel named Smokey
Border Collie Dog named Kyper
Ragdoll x Tonkinese named Holly (should of been called fatty, cause she is so overweight and shes only 1)

#15 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Well, let's see.... Our cats are:

Samantha Jo- "Sammie"
Gus Eugene- "Gus Gus"
Olivia Mae- "Ollie"

and our dog is Lincoln James- "Linc"

#16 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Nice names! Thanks for sharing!

#17 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Just got Guinea Pigs :P

4 boys called:

Nibbles, Squeakers, Jimmy and Elvis :) (Elvis is mine)

~Hannah~

#18 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Just got Guinea Pigs :P

4 boys called:

Nibbles, Squeakers, Jimmy and Elvis :) (Elvis is mine)

~Hannah~

Aw, so cute!

#19 Jules

Jules

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

We have a Boxer named Spock (I know, geeky... But we really love Star Trek). :)

Funny fact: when I was really young, about three years old, my parents got us a Labrador and let us name him. Think about it; they let three kids who were, respectively, three, four and seven, name the dog. So, we named him Dog. :P

#20 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Oh my goodness, Jules that is so cute! A dog named do, I love it!

Spock is a cool name too. Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users