• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:38 AM

The sad thing is, is that with all the crap going on with Britney Spears, I'm still meeting some of her biggest fans. They LOVE defending Britney...

#42 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

:lol: I can't even imagine that; defending her after everything that she's done... especially as a mother, I just can't see ANYONE defending that...

#43 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

I know!! I do hope that for her son's sake she straightens up very soon. Not for her career, but for her children!!

#44 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

I love the name Lennon! Mainly because I'm a fan of the Beatles!

I was watching Dr. Phil a couple weeks ago and there was this girl on the show that names her daughter McCartney.
I thought it was kinda cute.

#45 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

I've always liked the name Axel for a boy, well ever since Beverly Hills Cop, with Eddie Murphy. When I learned it is actually a valid Scandinavian name. Axel has always been very cool to me. Not sure I'd ever use it though.

I also like Prynn for a girl...like Brynn but with a P! Its a surname and has various spellings (Pryne, Prinn, Prynne, Prinne..), but this one looks more valid for a first name.

And Eller for a boy. Ellar is actually a german name...but I prefer the spelling Eller, kinda like Ellery.

#46 gypsybandit

gypsybandit

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

I love love different baby names. Some of my favorites are:
Harlie Elisabeth
Memphis Gracie
Kingslea Marie
Journee
Storie Paige
Clover Jade
Disney Star
Rainn

Urban Cash
Jagger Stone
Jameson Steele
Axel
Cash Waylon
Briley Duncan

#47 Mariel

Mariel

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

The weirdest girls names Ive liked... Well I love the name Goergiana, not jor-gee-on-uh but jor-jay-nuh after the Duchess of Devonshire. I had a huge obsession with the movie when it first came out, I love it to death.
Then, these few are weird, I like Ezra and Ira for girls. Not sure why, they just stick out to me.
For boys, well I'm a HUGE Harry potter fan, and I've been working on making the perfect Harry potter name without it being obvious. Some of my favorites are Alastor, Cedric, Amos, and Seamus. And for girls HP names, I love Demelza. I think it's stunning...

Oh and I see Rainn on gypsybandits list. Do you guys think that's weird? I've been thinking about using it, my grandmothers name is Lorraine so I've tossed around Raine or Raina.

And Katie Nana... Prynn is cute, but if you've ever read the Scarlet Letter, I'm not sure if you would want to use it. At least I wouldn't. Hester was a really great character, but there are some people you just don't name your kids after :wub:
There are so many weird names out there though, I could write forever

#48 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

And Katie Nana... Prynn is cute, but if you've ever read the Scarlet Letter, I'm not sure if you would want to use it. At least I wouldn't. Hester was a really great character, but there are some people you just don't name your kids after :wub:
There are so many weird names out there though, I could write forever

Yeah I've heard that before...but I've also read the Scarlet Letter and Hester Prynn, to me, isn't a bad reference...I think that her character has very good qualities...I feel that it is the other town members who's characters leave much to be desired. I guess it just really isn't a problem to me...I just love the name.

I didn't come up with the name from the Scarlet Letter though, so I wouldnt be naming it after the character just a coincidence.

#49 Mariel

Mariel

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hester Prynn, to me, isn't a bad reference...I think that her character has very good qualities...I feel that it is the other town members who's characters leave much to be desired

Agreed :] but it might be of concern that others will call her some names relating to her... I'm sure the profanity sensor will block them so let's just say "synonyms for adultress"
I love the way it sounds though. Brynn always seemed blank to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users