4 replies to this topic

#1 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

This is kinda random but lately I've been really loving the name Mary Louise along with some other two name pairings. If you were to use two first names would you bother with a middle name? What about a hyphen or not putting a space? Also, as far as like legal documents can you have two first names or is the second considered your middle name no matter what? Thank for all your opinions.

#2 ADedicatedNameologist!

ADedicatedNameologist!

Notable Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Use a hyphen. Do give her a middle name, though. How about Mary Louisa?

#3 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

my best friends names is Louise Mary (fn/mn) :P
I would use a hyphen, because to me, that shows its connected, you know like it is the first name. If i absolutely had to (2 f/n are not my thing) i think id use Ella-_______. I think Ella, like Mary makes a nice double first name as its short, then can be paired with another shorter name. My friends name is Mary-Alice, she goes by M-A and said that through school she was so glad they were two short names! hmm now you've got me thinking about what id pair Ella with:p i'll have t get back to you on that one.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

I wouldnt use a middle name unless you really wanted to. Mary-Louise would look just as nice as Mary Louise.

On a birth certificate, they have different sections for first names and middle names. It'd be distinctly different. Its not uncommon at all to have two first names, so birth certificates would accomodate.

You can use a middle name if you want, its all up to you! If you feel Mary Louise [surname] is all you want, then dont. I view this in the same way as Mary Louise being a single first name.

#5 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users