• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KateBrown19

KateBrown19

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

My maiden name is Cardwell and I'd love to pass it on to our future son, but my husband worries it is too weird and no suitable for a first name. Its common in the south to use a mother's maiden name for a son, so I don't think we will get many strange looks. Our last name is Brown, so we need something interesting as a first name. As a nickname, I'd like to call him Wells. What are your thoughts on Cardwell nickname Wells for a boy?

#2 missabby

missabby

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:reading ♡ writing ♡ algebra ♡ vacation ♡ working out ♡ singing

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

I think Cardwell may not be a suitable first name, but I think it would be adorable as a middle name. Here are some combo suggestions:

Andrew Cardwell

Anthony Cardwell

Derek Cardwell

Joseph Cardwell

Thomas Cardwell

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

I think Cardwell "Wells" is adorable. As you say, in the south no one will bat an eye at you using your maiden name.

#4 indi1993

indi1993

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

I agree with missabby. Cardwell sounds better as a middle name. That's what my mother in law did with her kids; she used her maiden as their middle names. And no matter his first name, you can always use Wells as a nickname. The beauty of nicknames is that they're nicknames and they can be anything you want. But you do want something that ages well and won't get your kid teased too much in school, as kids aren't always the nicest.

Robert Cardwell Brown
Alexander Cardwell Brown
Jonathon Cardwell Brown
Keith Cardwell Brown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users