#1 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

I need a name for a girl in a story I'm writing...her dog's name is Luka :P

It's about the world (mainly the U.S.) being turned into a wasteland after a nuclear fallout (based off of the Cuban Missile Crisis in early 1960s) but it takes place during the year 2072.

The girl in my story has lived underground her whole life with her family (as they have for generations since the crisis began) and she escaped after her family was taken by Rogue soldiers that had been sent out to kill scavengers in the wasteland due to radiation poisoning and turning into irridated creatures and so on. She escapes her underground dwelling and sets off with her pup, Luka in search of a rumored shantytown to live and start a new life.

So...with that being said...I need a name for my main character AND the town if possible!

So far, I have Elyssa and Harper. I'm not sure if I actually "love" either of them but some help would be greatly appreciated. I even drew a picture of her to try to help me out but it didn't help too much, except as a wall decoration :P

#2 coyote19

coyote19

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Traveling, Japan, Languages, and Names : )

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Sounds like a really neat story! I think Harlow works well for either the girl or town as it reminds me of hollow which is how I'd imagine feeling in that situation.

the girl:
Harlow
Hadley
Hope/Joy/Faith (if the parents were sentimental?)
Kiera/Kiara (it's simple and strong)

The town:
Trickem (trick 'em, it's a real town name)
Devils Cross Roads (actual town)
Hollow Hill
Horsehead
Newhope (depending on the feel you're going for in the town)
Harperswill (named after a founder?)
Sanctuary

GL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users