13 replies to this topic

#1 Katrinity-Belle

Katrinity-Belle

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

Im going to rattle off a list of male and female names, and i would like people to choose the ones they like the best out of them and choose the ones they dont really like too.
(: (:
Also, if you have any that you think are out of average but are pretty or whatever, show us!

Girls:

Viennah
Libyla
Margarita
Shanelle
Koree
Arielle
Apple
Amara
Katrinity (my name :))
Katrin
Beulina ('bue-lin-ah')
Katjiana ('Kat-ee-anah')
Karaley ('Car-ah-lee')
Merrilee
Bernadette
Celina
Cider
Celica
Clarissa
Nevaeh (heaven, spelt backwards)
Tiaamii
Atherton
Calico
Trinity
Lorrie
Aviennah
Vixen
Violah
Zola
Zelda
Rissa
Kiela
Tazmania
Sheila
Georgin
Marney
Mckenzie
Laren
Dienna
Coraly
Neve
Niveah
Meesha
Nakita
Makeera
Kaysea
Jaylan
Josslyn
Amber
Phoebe
Venice

Note: some of the names on these lists i'v made up. :P

Boy:

Zane
Winston
Otto
Quentin
Quill
Nolan
Karsten
Keegan
Kieran
Kirby
Lyle
Jaret
Marius
Micah
Ezra
Ivan
Jerome
Jackles
Vaughn
Darius
Dorian
Drake
Duncan
Dustin
Denham
Carlton
Donevan
Caspian
Derohan
Aranda
Sean
Hutch
Casanova
Tallen
Blaze
Dirran

There arent many exotic boy names (maybe there is) but thats all i could think of!
But i hope you enjoy looking thorugh them.

#2 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Viennah
Katrinity
Katrin
Karaley ('Car-ah-lee')
Neve
Josslyn
Phoebe

Nolan
Keegan
Micah
Carlton
Donevan
Blaze

#3 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:05 AM

There are definitely some out-there names on this list...but there are a few I rather like!

Arielle: I prefer Ariel or Ariella, but I think any variation of this name is so pretty!
Clarissa: I've always sort of liked this name. Not my fave, but it's really cutesy and seems like it would age well.
Violah: I like Viola much much better...on the right kind of girl, I think it'd be stunning.
Rissa: It seems a little like a nickname to me, but I like it anyways! It's a little quirky and fun.
Coraly: I love Cora...Coralee or even Coraley would be nicer I think, but the sound of it is very pretty.
Meesha: This written version isn't quite as nice as Micha, but I like the way it sounds regardless.
Nakita: I actually prefer this to Nikita, and I think it really is a nice alternative to Nicole or Nicolette.
Josslyn: I think this name has such a boho, laid-back vibe...I LOVE it.
Venice: something I would never actually name a child, but if I heard it on one of my peers I'd be a little jealous of her super-cool name.

Zane: This has always seemed like the too-cool-for-school kid's name to me. I like it.
Nolan: This has the sweet vibe of Noah for me...I think it's precious.
Keegan: I'm not that crazy about this name itself, but it has great connotations for me. I think it's a nice name.
Lyle: This just oozes adorable to me! It's like Kyle, which is a great name, but even better because it's kitchy and cool and unique.
Jaret/b]: I think this is such a cool variation of Jared. I love it.
Micah: one of my all-time favorites. I wish more people loved this name!!
Duncan: My very first guilty-pleasure ever. I started loving it when I was little after that Disney movie "My Date with the President's Daughter"...I think it's adorable in such a non-adorable way.
Dustin: I love most -in or -on or -en names. Dustin, Tristin, Westin...they're all adorable.
[b]Carlton
: Same as above, and I love this one more because it's super-uncommon but not like made-up unique.

#4 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

These are the ones I like from your list
Vienna
Arielle
Amara
Celina
Trinity
Viola
Marney sort of
Dienna
Josslyn
Amber
Venice

Zane
Quentin
Nolan
Micah
Ezra
Dorian
Donevan
Tallen
Blaze

#5 Katrinity-Belle

Katrinity-Belle

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

Aww, Thanks guys for spending the time to post! :)

My favorites would have to be:
Viennah - It reminds me of Venice. like, it sounds kind of..flowy and classy
Arielle - I just love this name! it reminds me of a butterfly for some reason. Just sounds soft. kind of like the name Bella.
Trinity - I believe in God so this is kind of significant, 'cause it means 'father, son and the holly spirit'! plus, its just a georgous name in general - i think. hehe
Zelda - though i wouldnt name my daughter that, i could imagine haveing a wise lovely grandma named that. if she was greek or romanian.
Coraly - i like this name, though it reminds me of Broccoli haha. its still cute!
Nakita - i really like this name, i could imagine a cute little indidan girl with somewhat curly short hair.
Jaylan - this is an OK name. but i think thise spelling variation is better "Jaylen"
Josslyn - i love this name! like you said, it provides you with a laid back ye still crisp vibe!
Venice - i like this somewhat allot. though i wouldnt name my daughter it!
Kaytrin - though up there its spelt Katrin. i like this spelling allot better. i really like this name. it reminds me of a sweet polite young girl.

Who likes the name Isolde? after seeing that movie 'Tristen and Isolde' now i reallly like it. haha
Oh and i love the name Tristen..
but my cousins already named that.
:/

Lyle - i would have to agree, its so cute! i love it. (:
Jaret - this is an OK name in my likeing
Micah - i love Micah, it screams 'im not gay' its the perfect amount of ting to is. when i hear micah i thikn of a fairly toned guy
Ezra - love this name, though my cousins named it so sonw it goes the toilet. lol
Dustin - its cute - kind of like Dunstan
Caspian - after Narnia..i like this name. lol. I havnt seen it. but the adverts are just as good :P
Sean - this is alright - i found out the other day that sean can be short for John?! or maybe its the otherway around. but what can be shorter then John? lol
Dirran - i love this name. because...its different.

Other names i like for boys would be Jasper, Domanic, Luccouse, Luccas, Jaimee

Other names for girls i like Hailey, Rainn or Rayn Katrina and Alyssa.
i think Alyssa is a lovely name.
(:

#6 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

Arielle - Love love love the name, and the fact that it works in ALL of my languages! (French, Hebrew and English! ;))
Trinity - I adore virtue names, and this is one of them.
Celina - Prefer the spelling Selena though this is actually cute!
Coraly - Haha! It DOES remind me of broccoli now, but I love it. Also just plain Cora or Coraline.
Marney - Anyone seen that Halloween movie with the main character called Marney? No? Well. I loved it ever since. :o
and
Phoebe - I LOVE this name. :') We used to child-mind a little girl called Phoebe who was deaf. :) I loveeeed her. And she just made this name so much cuter!

I like. :P

also:

Nolan - Think it's better as a mn, but it's still sweet.
Micah - It's so sweet, how can I resist?
Ezra - My dad's middle name. :(
Jaret - Though I have a friend called Jareth wich I think is nicer. :o
and
Duncan - Loved this ever since I saw Veronica Mars for the first time. I just liked it.

What about:

Zayda
Avalon
Ainsley
Livia
Piper
Ember instead of Amber :P
Lorelei (Lor-eh-lie - though you probably know that!)
Kayra
Nouvelle
Athena
Avril
Promise
Nayeli (Nay-lee)
Azure
Sabrina
Calliope/Callico/Calypso nn Callie
Amour
Acacia
Temperance
Nika
Luna
Adair(e)
Stella
Lyra (L-eye-ruh)
Fleur
Norissa
Clover
Nova
Morrow (Thanks to Kayra :P)
Soleil
Aerilyn
Pandora
Adleigh
Sapphira

Cassius
Gideon
Justice
Nixon
Alder
Leif
Ambrose
Cyrus
Roderick
Pagan
Cullen
Blaine
Aston
Cian
Abbott
Aiken
Payson
Olson
Acheron
Canyon
Broderick
Adonis

http://www.alternati...baby_names_2010 -Now THESE are unusual and hopefully they predicted wrong! :P

:P <3

#7 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Like Alot:

Arielle - I absolutely love this name. It's on my list
Trinity - this name is also on my list. I love it
Mckenzie - very nice
Neve - like it alot
Nakita
Jaylan
Josslyn - I like Jocelyn better but it's still a nice name
Phoebe - I love it

Zane - i have always been a fan of this name
Keegan
Kieran
Micah - guilty pleasure of mine. i love it
Vaughn - i actually really like this name. Ever since I first saw the TV Show "Alias"
Drake
Donevan - I like the spelling Donovan better, but I have always loved this name. It is so handsome
Caspian - another guilty pleasure of mine. Very handsome and i just love it
Sean
Blaze
Domanic - If this is pronounced the original way, like Dominic, I love it. But it looks like it's pronounced Demonic.
Jasper - I really love this name. It's on my list, along with Dominic.

** I'm sorry if I am too blunt with this next list, but I would hate for a child to hate their name. I know some of them may seem cool now, but it would stink if the kid really hates it and wonders why they got stuck with such a weird name.

Don't Like At All:

Viennah - like the sausages? I wouldn't be able to take the name seriously
Libyla - either way i pronounce it, i am not a fan
Margarita
Koree - I like Corey but not this spelling
Katrinity - very unique but it's not my style. I'm sure it works great on you though
Katrin - it just seems like it's an unfinished name. Like not quite Katrina..
Beulina ('bue-lin-ah') - not my style at all
Tiaamii - it seems like there are way too many letters for this name
Vixen - the meaning of this is not something i would want for a little girl
Tazmania

Jackles - for real?
Aranda
Hutch
Casanova - " "

Again, I'm sorry for being so outspoken about this. Ultimately, it will be your choice. I am just giving my opinion

#8 Katrinity-Belle

Katrinity-Belle

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

Hey Lilah, its really quite alright to be blunt with what names you do and do not like. (: i am in no wise going to get offended by it.

Its all good :)

btw, i had no idea Viennah was a sossage brand..lol!

(Princess) Tiaamii, is actually a name one of the Celebs named thier daughter :P. She's blonde - the 'ladi-dah' type. If you know what i mean. I dont like it :/

in Truth i dont like most of the names on my list, theyr mostly Random :}

anyway, Yasmin :( you have some beautiful names on that list!

I Love/like:

Avalon - i know a lovely lady named this. So it gives me a good omen ;)
Ember - I have never heard this name before! but i LOVE it. its really pretty. E:
Lorelei - I do rather love this name - its somewhat adorable :3
Athena - i REALLY love this name. love love love it. so beautiful.
Avril - this name is OK. i assosiate it with bad attitude though, you can thank Avril laveighn for that (cant spell her last name :o)
Azure - love this name. (:
Sabrina - its OK. it would have been prettier to me if there wasnt a TV serries called 'Sebrina the teenage witch' that put me off it for a while. and im only just starting to warm to it again...
Callie - It reminds me of Kelly, but i think its a little nicer to ne honest.
Luna - i love this name - imagine nameing your Daughter Luna Eclipse (ect). I like it :P
Lyra - kind of like Kyra. but i like it so much better.
Norissa - this names OK :}
Aerilyn - i adore this name - its so pretty and crisp. like fresh air ontop of a huge mountain.
Pandora - CUTE! i love it!
Sapphira - Always lave loved this name. just have.

Cassius - at first i didnt think it was very apealing but then i thought about it and think the idea of calling your son Cass for short. is actually pretty cute.
Nixon - Its a camera brand where im from lol. but its still cute.
Cyrus - like it! its a cool name for a boy.
Blaine - mm..its alright.
Olson - its OK i guess.

Dont like:

Nika - where i come from, there is this saying 'dont get your Nika's in a knot' haha (im Aussie, so we actually say it like that)
Ainsley - reminds me of a lion for some reason. ohhh, thats right. because of Narnia.
Livia - I dont know about you but, it reminds me of a liver.
Piper - never really have liked it.
Kayra - sort of reminds me more of a name for a dog maybe?
Nouvelle - i dont know why. but i just dont like it much.
Amour - reminds me or the shiny stuff gladiator uses to protect himself in the ring.
Acacia - reminds me of a berry. i'v tasted it. and it fails - its grosss!!
Temperance - what the nickname for it?
Stella - deff dont like. its used way tooo much as a dog name.
Fleur - new a girl once. she was a brat.
Clover - something i'd name my goat maybe?
Nova - reminds me something a phone company would be called.
Morrow - reminds me of marrow. that rank stuff your parrents tell you is good for you - you know, the stuff in the bones.
Adleigh - adds. and Leigh. i like the neam Leigh - its OK. but the 'ad' infront. not much of a fan.

Gideon - too Giddy
Justice - too..i dont know. just dont like it.
Alder - Adolf?
Leif - lettuce?
Ambrose - more girly in my opinion.
Roderick - i dont like the name Rodney either! x]
Pagan - Gods? Pagan Gods? no way i wouldn name my son that! its horrid! lol
Aston - martin. I'v always liked ferrarie's better..
Cian - more girly i thikn.
Abbott - i knew someone with that name - as thier last.
Aiken - not a fan.
Payson - like Mayson. nope - dont like it.
Acheron - i like Ashton?
Canyon - dont like it. cammeron maybe?
Broderick - not a fan.
Adonis - nahh.

:}

#9 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

I like:

Margarita- Okay, I wouldn't want my daughter to be named after a drink, so this particular spelling is too out ther.Though, I love Margaret, Marguerite or Margherita.
Arielle*- It's not my favorite name, but definitely very pretty.
Karaley ('Car-ah-lee')- I actually like the sound, but the name doesn't seem quite right. Maybe I'd use Cara Leigh, which would produce the same sound but using two different names that I love.
Celica- This looks made up, but I adore Celia and also Cecelia.
Clarissa*- Looks and sound sophisticated. Kind of like a princess- I also like Clarisse. I'd probably use it as a middle name, but Clare could be a cute nickname.
Violah*- The H looks unnecessary, but I think Viola is stunning.
Neve- It meens "Snow" in Italian :) I think Nevia would be an equally unique variation.
Phoebe*- Very pretty and not too common.

I really like:

Kieran- Very unique, I love it.
Jaret- I much prefer this to Jared, which looks a little bland.
Marius- It reminds me of the italian name Mario, which is also my best friend's name. It would work well in the middle spot!
Micah- One of my favorites. I admit it might sound feminine (I've seen it spelt Myka for girls), but Micah James is one of my favorite names for a boy!
Ezra- I've literally fallen in love with it. It has a wonderfully handsome feeling to it.

Also,

Nolan
Ivan
Jerome
Darius
Dorian
Drake
Duncan
Donevan- though I prefer the spelling Donovan.
Caspian- Cash would make a cute nickname.
Sean

are not so bad.

Yas, from your list I quite like

Livia*
Sabrina
Temperance*
Stella
Lyra (L-eye-ruh)*
Clover

Cassius
Justice*
Cullen
Broderick* - Again, it's insanely handsome. And how cute would it be to use Brody for a kid?

#10 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

Sweet list, Yasmine. :) These funky names are too fun!

I like:
Avalon: I think this is just a pretty word. We used a font called Avalon in our yearbook last year (haha), and I loved saying it all the time! It just rolls off the tongue so nicely. :P
Ainsley: This is cute. It gives me the impression of a girl who's cute, but in a sort of tomboyish way.
Livia: I love Olivia...this is kind of a unique spin that works, IMO.
Lorelei: Gilmore Girls! Haha instant connotation...but it's such a pretty name anyways.
Athena: I am in love with this name! I think it's gorgeous, but I just can't picture it on an actual person...except maybe the extra-smart to the point of being stuck up type...but it's just too pretty!
Nayeli: Very cute. I like N- names for girls I think...most of them come across as being very sophisticated to me.
Calliope/Callico/Calypso nn Callie: Calliope! Callico=a cat, and Calypso is just a little too much for me. But I think that Callie's an adorable nickname, and Calliope (or, even better, Callista!) is a lovely first name.
Acacia: I've always thought this would make a nice name! Unfortunately the city I live in has a park called Acacia Park with some not-so-good connotations...lots of crime, homelessness, etc., so it wouldn't exactly be a perfect name here. It's a shame...I love it anyways!
Luna: I WISH I was the kind of girl cool enough to have such a beautiful, different name!!
Stella: SO PRECIOUS. I seriously adore Stella!! It makes me think of an adorable, quirky, but extra-girly girl.
Nova: Reminds me of Novalee from Where the Heart Is. I think it's another one of those words that's so pretty it should be a name.
Aerilyn: It has a really nice breezy feel for me (probably because it starts with "air"...lol). It reminds me of my favorite guilty pleasure that everyone else on the planet hates, Arlen.
Justice: Such a nice name on a boy! It might help that I once knew a guy named Justice who was GORGEOUS (hehe), I always picture somebody pretty buff and good-looking, with good manners. Oh, connotation!
Alder: I don't know why I like this one...I just do! I picture a quirky photographer or something.
Leif: I just think this has a very unique feel without being girly or hard to say...something pretty uncommon in boys names.
Cyrus: I love this name itself, but now that I'm reading it all I can think about is that guy on TLC or whatever who designs pageant dresses! Ah!
Cullen: Probably a little too Twilight nowadays, but I think it's really an awesome name. Very strong and classy.
Aiken: I think this name is so sweet! I just love it. ;)
Canyon: I'm drawn to this name for a reason that I cannot comprehend...it's SO not my style! I can picture a Taylor Lautner look-alike being named Canyon, and obviously that isn't terrible. :o

#11 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

GIRLS:)
Koree-like it because it sounds very pretty i think
Arielle-cute
Apple-hmm i like it <_<
Amara-gorgeous i love this name
Katrinity -very pretty i like it
Neve-hmm..well i'll grow on it probably it does sound cute and formal
Niveah-like
Meesha-dislike
Nakita-like
Makeera-dislike

BOYS
Nolan-i like this name because it sounds so strong
Karsten-cute
Keegan-alright
Caspian-love this one:)
Lyle-dislike
Jaret-dislike
Marius-like actually
Micah-like
Ezra-not so much
Ivan-like a little bit
Jerome-cute love it :wub:

#12 sahd721

sahd721

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:My baby boy, Brody.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Absolutely love Trinity, Violah, Coraly, Jaylan and Venice.
However, Nevaeh is SO oveused and trendy, I just don't understand why... <_< I know multiple people who have named their daughters Nevaeh, I just don't get it!

And for boys, I'm a fan of Winston, Keegan and Micah...

#13 Katrinity-Belle

Katrinity-Belle

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

really? i have never met someone called Nevaeh before or heard of someone that i know that they know named Nevaeh, lol. I live in Australia and the most used names over here are Ashleigh, Katelyn, Rebecca, Laura and Rachel. for the boys its Ben, Daniel, James, Nathan and Andrew. according to me anyway (:

#14 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

Girls:
Viennah
Koree
Arielle
Amara