• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

So I did a partial overhaul of my list and found that I am way more open to unusual middles or at that I'm much more picky about first names than I am about middles.

Here's what I have for possible first names:

Anya

Arabella

Blaire

Eva

Lilith

Maya

Milena

Noemi

Isaac

James

Lorcan

Marcus

Ronan

Simon

Possible middles include:

Asha

Hyacinth

Marceline

Noelle

Raisa

Siofra

Suvi

Thea

Anton

Bjorn

Dante

Gawain

Gideon

Gregor

Leif

Loki

Remus

Romulus

Tadhg (Think Tiger without the -er)

Tate

Thorbjorn

Are Lorcan and Noemi okay as first names? I like them both but I feel like they would go over like a lead balloon.

Are these too out there? I know people don't use their middle names often but I still don't want to get too far out. Middle names still have to be used on paperwork and such.

Do any names stand out as out of place or two that need to paired up?

Thanks!

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Are Lorcan and Noemi okay as first names? I like them both but I feel like they would go over like a lead balloon. 

--- Lorcan is awesome for a first name! Noemi, I am unsure on the pronunciation of

Are these too out there? I know people don't use their middle names often but I still don't want to get too far out. Middle names still have to be used on paperwork and such.

--- The only one I'd classify as really out there is Loki. It is such a handsome name, but the evil comic book character is trending these days.

--- Isaac Thorbjorn <3 

I just have to say, I love Asha! & Thorbjorn / Bjorn!

#3 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

--- Lorcan is awesome for a first name! Noemi, I am unsure on the pronunciation of

--- The only one I'd classify as really out there is Loki. It is such a handsome name, but the evil comic book character is trending these days.

--- Isaac Thorbjorn <3 

I just have to say, I love Asha! & Thorbjorn / Bjorn!

Thanks!

Noemi can be pronounced the same as Naomi (No-ae-me). I like Naomi but all I can remember is a girl at my school and the fact that it's "I moan" backwards. I tried to find a way to avoid that. 

As I lover of mythology I've always loved Loki and I love the comic book character but the whole bad guy vibe kind of throws it firmly into middle name only if it can get used at all, territory.

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Just wanted to say that I always pronounce Naomi like it's spelled, nay-oh-me, and I have a friend with the name that pronounces it like this. Noemi I would pronounce like you described.

I think Lorcan is a great name, but I think there would be a lot of pronunciation issues with Noemi. Naomi is probably better, seeing as people would know how it's pronounced; much easier for teachers.

I don't think so, in fact they're pretty tame compared to names that other people are considering. Plus, if you love them, then the middle spot is a great place to use them and be more adventurous.

Anya Marceline

Lilith Noelle

Noemi Asha

Blaire Siofra

Milena Suvi

James Gideon

James Dante

Lorcan Tadhg

Simon Leif

Simon Loki

Marcus Gregor

Ronan Tadhg