• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 babybotts

babybotts

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I love old or unique names. For a girl we picked out Annalise Elizabeth with a nickname of either Alise or Eliza. Last name Botts. Its the boy name I need the most help with. We LOVED the name Irish Davis but few others do. Hubby is Irish, red hair and freckles and all. But we seriously love that name. We're not finding out the sex until birth and I have always wanted a boy but my mother is praying for a girl simply because she hates the name. Any ideas on a nickname we could use that would appease everyone with a negative opinion would help!

#2 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

It is your child, so name him Irish if you want! Your family will get used to it and still love your baby boy. The only nicknames I could think of are Rich, ID, and Dave/Davis

#3 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

I like the nn Alise better than Eliza. And I'm guessing maybe they don't love Irish and Davis together? lots of S sounds. Have yall considered still using Irish and trying to find a different middle? There really aren't many nn you can make out of Irish. Rich is probably the closest you can come and knowing kids now they may actually end up calling him Ice at some point. I don't hate the name Irish at all, I just don't love Irish Davis together. Maybe try Irish David?

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Maybe they'd like Ireland Davis better? Or maybe you could find an Irish name you love, like Ronan or Cormac or Finnegan/Finn.

Remember that it is your child, so name him/her what you want!

#5 babybotts

babybotts

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Davis is my mothers maiden name so we can't change that either and I believe Ireland sounds more suitable for a girl. :(

#6 Blaithnaid

Blaithnaid

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'll give u some irish names :) i'm irish by the way
Girls:
Orla (my favourite! Means golden princess)
Ashlinn
Blaithnaid (blawnaid)
Clodagh
Saoirse (seer-sha)

Boys:
Patrick
Eoghan (owen)
Aaron (air-on)
I love irish aswell :D

#7 genius

genius

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Did people tell you the specific reason they didn't like the name Irish? Not traditional enough? Not common enough? because of how Irish Botts sounds together?  The only nicknames for it I can think of is Ira, or Rick.  Irish is already very short.  

I think its very cool sounding, just a little hesitant on the pairing with that last name, if that makes sense. In the end just name your kid what you like, you are the one that's having the baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users