7 replies to this topic

#1 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hey everyone! Can you think of some cute names for animals? Which are your favorites and why? If you have any pets, what are their names and how did you pick them? Have fun replying!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

We have a bunch of pets in my moms house :) Two german shepherd dogs, Libby (Liberty Vol Vun Annut), Anya (Anya Berit Engel); two cats Cuddles and Oreo; and three ferrets Ginger, Mocha, and Zinger.

For the most part, very "pet-like" names. But the dogs got more people like names... I guess cause we're closer to them :) My mum is done having kiddo's and all so Libby and Anya were both names she had as guilty pleasures for girls names but never got to use.

When I name my future pets, it'll probably be guilty pleasure names or such. I don't wanna steal a name I love for a pet in case I decide I want to name my child that ;) Like Evie. I adore Evie and would use it on my baby girl, so therefor its entirely off the list for pet names :)

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

I have two border collies, Thunder and Skyler. :) Thunder a boy and Skyler a girl. I also have a male german shepard named Creed. My brother just got a golden retriever named True. They're all pretty GP names of mine that I wouldn't actually use. I used to have Skyler on my list, but now I just think of my dogs when I hear it.

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

I want to have horses in the future, so Maximus is on the list. I also want to have a potbelly piglet named Paisely. Although, both if those names are on my name lists!

My cats are Clancy, Finnegan, and Clarice. The boys got their names from their previous owners who were Irish. Their names from the "nursery" though were Comet, Cupid, and Clarice because the were born on Christmas Eve. (they are brothers and sister :) )

#5 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

My boys are Buster (Lhasa Apso, died in '10) & Macaroni and cheese (Shih tzu). I wanted to name Buster Hercules, but my mom kept somehow my mom started calling him Buster before she gave him to me and it stuck. We called him Gus or Gussy most of the time anyway. With Mac, my best friend at the time made a Juno reference about him being the cheese to my macaroni when I showed him the picture and I managed to sell the idea by telling how cute Mac & Gus sounded together. We've always kind of stuck with "pet" names so to speak, but I honestly love the idea of using guilty pleasure names for pets. I have an impossibly long list of guilty pleasure names, so that would be a great way to use them.

#6 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Ooh, and mine are: Won-Ton, Lulu, Ginger, Sage, Parsley, Cinnamon, Angel, Mocha, Princess, Duchess, and Snuggles for females, or Napoleon, Goku, Cody, Trigger, Hey-Hey, Jack, Prince, Mac, or Baxter for males :) B) As of now I have no pets of my own; however I do want to have a Maine Coon cat, a Siamese, and perhaps a Great Dane or Collie :wub: I'm SOOOO in love with these cat and dog breeds, ha ha :)

#7 Kaysee712

Kaysee712

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

I have a Newfie named Kramer, I guess I got it from the show Seinfeld, because I imagine if Kramer from the show was a dog he'd be a Newfie!
I also have a Miniature Australian Shepherd and her name is Fargo. I suggested it one day to my husband and then he just loved it I couldn't find anything else we liked better so it stuck.

Now come to find out that Kramer is a town in North Dakota of 29 people, and Fargo is the largest city in North Dakota. So their names sort of match in a non-obvious way.

Other pets I used to have (These I named when I was quite young):
Shysie (Mouse)

Apollo (Mouse)

Midnight (Hamster)

Sunshine (Hamster)
Sammi (Hamster)

Buster (Tinfoil Barb Fish - 8 years old, Still alive just lives with my parents)

Shasta (Border Collie)

#8 mandagurl767

mandagurl767

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

My dogs name is Raztice. I really have no idea how we came up with that. He's a husky black lab mix with bright blue eyes. It's a strong name for a strong/big dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users