• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

Okay, so I've spent the last week rummaging through my name book :) And I found some names I forgot I liked, and all that jazz. And I've been loving some names more and more!

I'd love opinions, suggestions, or anything on the names! Any good/bad associations? Ages well? Teasing potential? Haha, help picking out anything I might have missed! :D

Sorry there is so much going on here! I don't mind if you completely skip a bunch of names. Just even help with one name, if you want! I'm open to all help, no matter how little!!!

Middle name help:

1. Genevieve
Dad told me he thinks Genevieve Alana is pretty, which I kinda like. It'd be quite a mouthful with the last name I have, but oh well! :P I've thought of Alaina/Elaina as well, but Alana might be the one I like more. Idk. I've thought of Claire as well, but I dislike Claire as a middle name, sounds too filler name like :/

2. Cara
I've been starting to really like Cara! No idea on middle names yet... nothing really seems to fit perfectly. The only middle name I kinda like is Cara Nathalie. But still unsure haha.

3. Saoirse
I've asked for middle names for Saoirse before, and lately, I've used it as a middle name for Kate. But, I want a middle name. I had Saoirse Madeleine for a while, but I'm not liking it as much anymore. Idea's?

First Name help:

1. Aoife
I kinda like this a lot, but only as a middle name I think. Haven't yet come up with a first name option <3

2. Aiden
I have been back and forth on this. It's soooo popular, and almost feels trendy to me :D So, it can't hurt to find some first names with it. I've thought of Bennett Aiden... but it doesn't flow well. :L

3. Arielle/Ariella
I'm kinda liking the sound of this name! Just haven't really decided what I want it with... <3

4. Fern
So cute sounding, and makes me think of a favorite childs book of mine- Charlottes web! :D I've been pairing it with a bunch of names, none quite permanent. I kinda like Alana/Alaina Fern <3

Either first or middle name help:

1. Schuyler
I've been loving this name as well! Nick name Sky, probably. I've thought of the spelling Skyler or Skylar, but I like the original spelling best. Seems to phonetic and whatnot, I guess.

2. Bennett
Love Ben as a nick name, and Bennett just sounds so cute! Too cute, do you think? Does it age?

3. Finley
I've been watching too much Adventure Time, cause Finn is becoming a favorite of mine! :P haha, I fall so badly for characters names... <3 no idea what I can pair it with :/

All of these are subject to change as I make improvements above, Here are the combo's I so far have:

Kate Saoirse/ Kate Aubrey
Eliza Harper
Willow Juliet / Willow Elisabeth
Emma Scarlett / Emma Shiloh
Ivy Celeste
Chase Nikolai
Liam Alexander
Cassius Riley
Connor Nathan
Charles Wallace
Archer Maxwell
Aubrey Sophia
Holden Matthias
Greyson Jude
Jack Ronan
Ashton Rhys
Pippa Genevieve
Alaina Fern / Alana Fern
Cara Nathalie
Genevieve Alana
Rose Anneliese
Arabella Yasmine
Imogen Lenore
Caleb Elias
Hanna Fern
Aria Cadence
Aurelia Maeve
Evie Ophelia
Carson Elliot
Blake Tobias
Tahlia Nicola
Juniper Charlotte
Bennett Aiden

There's much more... but, I'll spare you! :P Again, I'm open to all suggestions and what have you :D But the ones numbered above are the main focus for the moment. I still need to improve the combo's... but yeah <3

Thank you sooo much! <3

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Middle name help
1. Genevieve - I think Genevieve is very pretty, I like Genevieve Alana though it is a bit long, it might be a good one to use if you marry a guy with a very short last name :D. As to the middle name Claire, I had the same problem with using James as a middle name, but I finally decided that I'd use it even if it was "filler" because I LOVED the name and it sounded perfect with Eller and I wasn't using it as a filler since it was one of my favorite names. So if you love Claire then it won't be "filler" since it has meaning to you.

2. Cara - Are you pronouncing it (CARE uh) or (CAR uh)?? Nathalie is a bit awkward, I want to either say Natalie or Nathalia...

3. Saoirse - I like the actress Saoirse Ronan's name, Ronan, Rowan or Roisin would be a good middle.

First Name help
1. Aoife - I really like this name and the spelling isn't to hard to pron. in english... I've never been good at coming up with firsts for middles...maybe Elisabeth Aoife or Scarlett Aoife to use names from your lists.

2. Aiden - Connor Aiden? :\

Either first or middle name help
1. Schuyler - I also like this spelling, its a bit too hippy with the Sky spelling.
2. Bennett - <3 Especially since it is an ode to one of my favorite novels Pride & Prejudice :) I think it is a fresh alternative to Benjamin, though I tend to like it in the middle name spot. Schuyler Bennett is a nice combo, if a bit surname-y.

3. Finley - I do like Finn, though I myself am not a huge fan of the longer alternatives, Finley isn't bad...I dislike Finnegan!

#3 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

1. Genevieve
Dad told me he thinks Genevieve Alana is pretty, which I kinda like. It'd be quite a mouthful with the last name I have, but oh well! :D I've thought of Alaina/Elaina as well, but Alana might be the one I like more. Idk. I've thought of Claire as well, but I dislike Claire as a middle name, sounds too filler name like :/

I love the name Genevieve. Genevieve Elise, Genevieve Estelle, Genevieve Collette, Genevieve Alice, Genevieve Ines, Genevieve Astrid, Genevieve Cordelia (might be too long but I think it's pretty.), Genevieve Harper, Genevieve Beatrice. Genevieve Alana is pretty though.

2. Cara
I've been starting to really like Cara! No idea on middle names yet... nothing really seems to fit perfectly. The only middle name I kinda like is Cara Nathalie. But still unsure haha.

I like the name Cara. Stay away from short middle names. I know two Cara's and both of them have double names. Cara Beth and Cara Anne. I like Cara on it's own, so maybe go for a longer middle name.

3. Saoirse
I've asked for middle names for Saoirse before, and lately, I've used it as a middle name for Kate. But, I want a middle name. I had Saoirse Madeleine for a while, but I'm not liking it as much anymore. Idea's?

My name is Saoirse and my middle name is Odilia, which was my Nana's name. Saoirse is pretty easy to say, but it's a whole lotta vowels on paper. Maybe keep to something simple like Kate or Rose.

First Name Help:

1. Aoife <--- I love the name Aoife (pronounced ee-fah for those who weren't sure.) I think it would be a nice first or middle name. I almost thought about Rosalie Aoife before I settled on Rosalie Bevin (bay-vin, a family name). But I like it as a first name too.

2. Aiden <--- I agree it's a nice name but it got soooo popular so fast. But it's also a timeless name, it's not going to go out of style. I say if you like it, go for it.

4. Fern <--- I like it as a middle name. It would be a good replacement for other one-syllable middle names that have been getting too popular, like Rose, Grace, Rae, Anne, etc.

1. Schuyler <--- I prefer Schuyler to Skyler or Skylar. Sissy Spacek's daughter is named Schuyler.

2. Bennett <--- I think Bennett is a good name. I also like Ben as a nick name and it's nice to know that it's not short for Benjamin.

3. Finley <--- I like Finley and while I mainly think of it as a boys name, I've been hearing it as a girls name recently.

Combos I like from your list:

Charles Wallace (Handsome name.)
Archer Maxwell (Another handsome name.)
Greyson Jude (I like it, but I prefer the spelling Grayson.)
Ashton Rhys (I like this combo too.)

Rose Anneliese (I like the combination of them but I think I like it flip flopped, Anneliese Rose.)
Imogen Lenore (Dig it. I love the name Imogen.)
Juniper Charlotte (Dig it. Big fan of Juniper.)

#4 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

1. Genevieve
Dad told me he thinks Genevieve Alana is pretty, which I kinda like. It'd be quite a mouthful with the last name I have, but oh well! :D I've thought of Alaina/Elaina as well, but Alana might be the one I like more. Idk. I've thought of Claire as well, but I dislike Claire as a middle name, sounds too filler name like :/

I do think Genevieve Alana is pretty (and not too long/hard as long as your last name isn't 3 syllables). Claire seems filler to me, too. What about splitting the difference with Genevieve Clara? I love it.

2. Cara

I'm not a fan of Natalie, especially with that spelling. How about:
Cara Guinevere
Cara Genevieve (if you don't mind Genevieve as middle name)
Cara Penelope
Cara Felicity
Cara Jessamine
Cara Margaret
Cara Valerie

Cara is short and sweet so I would use a middle with 3+ syllables and 7+ letters.

3. Saoirse

Saoirse Rhiannon
Saoirse Julianne
Saoirse Rosemary
Saoirse Calliope
Saoirse Juliet
Saoirse Margaret
Saoirse Gwendolen
Saoirse Valerie
Saoirse Adelaide

Saoirse is tough because it has only two syllables but 7 letters... I want to use something with 3 syllables and is easy to say but that is kinda hard to find...

First Name help:

1. Aoife
I kinda like this a lot, but only as a middle name I think. Haven't yet come up with a first name option <3

Gwendolen Aoife {my combo, I really like it}
Imogen Aoife
Jocelyn Aoife
Penelope Aoife

2. Aiden
I have been back and forth on this. It's soooo popular, and almost feels trendy to me :D So, it can't hurt to find some first names with it. I've thought of Bennett Aiden... but it doesn't flow well. :L

Bennett Aiden - yeah, a bit too much N

Elliot Aiden
Rhys Aiden
Beckett Aiden
Dominic Aiden
Gregory Aiden
Lionel Aiden
Zachary Aiden
Nikolai Aiden

3. Arielle/Ariella
I'm kinda liking the sound of this name! Just haven't really decided what I want it with... <3

I personally prefer Ariel because it feels a bit less frilly. Spelling aside, I really like Ariel.

Cleo Arielle
Phoebe Arielle
Lucy Arielle
Demi Arielle
Daphne Arielle
Juno Ariella
Sasha Arielle

4. Fern
So cute sounding, and makes me think of a favorite childs book of mine- Charlottes web! :) I've been pairing it with a bunch of names, none quite permanent. I kinda like Alana/Alaina Fern <3

I like Alana Fern (though spelling-wise I would choose Alanna). I like Alaina Fern a little more (again, I would spell it Elena).

Helena Fern
Calista Fern
Lucia Fern
Cassia Fern
Veruca Fern
Romilly Fern
Cosima Fern
Delilah Fern
Johanna Fern

1. Schuyler
I've been loving this name as well! Nick name Sky, probably. I've thought of the spelling Skyler or Skylar, but I like the original spelling best. Seems to phonetic and whatnot, I guess.

Imogen Schuyler
Fiona Schuyler
Jillian Schuyler
Kendra Schuyler

2. Bennett
Love Ben as a nick name, and Bennett just sounds so cute! Too cute, do you think? Does it age?

I really like Bennett even thought it feels a bit on the trendy side so I just stick with the classic Benjamin. I do think Bennett will age well, though.

Bennett Chandler
Bennett Arthur
Bennett Miles
Bennett Tobias
Bennett Leander
Ezra Bennett
Jasper Bennett

3. Finley
I've been watching too much Adventure Time, cause Finn is becoming a favorite of mine! :D haha, I fall so badly for characters names... <3 no idea what I can pair it with :/

Finley Nathaniel
Finley Garrett
Finley Matthias
Finley Warren
Finley Clark
Finley Atticus

All of these are subject to change as I make improvements above, Here are the combo's I so far have:

Eliza Harper
Willow Juliet
Emma Shiloh
Ivy Celeste
Cassius Riley
Charles Wallace
Pippa Genevieve
Rose Anneliese
Imogen Lenore
Aurelia Maeve

#5 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

1. Genevieve
Addison
Marissa
Adelyn
Abigail
Alannis

2. Cara
Josephine
Madelyn
Magdalen
Lydia
Mackenzie

First Name help:

2. Aiden
Cooper
Jasper
Asher

3. Arielle/Ariella
Michaela
Tess

1. Schuyler
Schuyler Wyatt
Schuyler Jude
Schuyler Bennett

2. Bennett
Bennett Marshall
Bennett Ryan
Bennett Alan
Bennett Dean
Bennett Milo

Eliza Harper
Willow Juliet
Ivy Celeste
Chase Nikolai
Cassius Riley
Charles Wallace
Greyson Jude
Jack Ronan
Ashton Rhys
Pippa Genevieve
Genevieve Alana
Imogen Lenore
Caleb Elias
Blake Tobias
Juniper Charlotte

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

Middle name help:

1. Genevieve
I like Genvieve Alana. It's very pretty and I like both names. Genevieve Claire also sounds nice (I am a fan of filler type middle names)

2. Cara
Not my favourite name in the world but it's okay!
Cara Isabelle
Cara Naomi
Cara Jean
Cara Danielle
Cara Bethany

3. Saoirse
I'm a bit unsure how you pronounce this name. I've never really got my head around it. But I love Madeleine :D

First Name help:

1. Aoife
I'm learning Irish and I still don't know how any of the traditional names are pronounced :) So sorry if any of my suggestions really don't go with it.
Kiley Aoife
Jacqueline Aoife
Louise Aoife
Madeleine Aoife
Victoria Aoife

2. Aiden
Love Bennett Aiden. I do prefer the spelling of Aidan though.
Kyle Aiden
Lucas Aiden
Everett Aiden
Oliver Aiden
Rhys Aiden

3. Arielle/Ariella
LOVE!!!!
Carina Arielle
Daisy Arielle
Lola Arielle
Anna Ariella
Hannah Arielle
Tabitha Arielle
Maisie Ariella
Jennifer Arielle

4. Fern
Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this name. It's not really my style.
Katherine Fern
Olive Fern
Jessica Fern
Zoey Fern

#7 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

3. Saoirse
I'm a bit unsure how you pronounce this name. I've never really got my head around it. But I love Madeleine :D

Some pronounce it seer-sha, some pronounce it sair-sha.

#8 Untitled

Untitled

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

1. Genevieve is absolutely beautiful! Alana works well as a nickname, as does Claire. I agree that Claire is a bit filler-y though. How about Genevieve Clara or Genevieve Cara?

2. Cara is also very pretty and cute. Cara Nathalie is fine, but I'm not sure about it either. I suggest Cara Phoebe, Cara Josephine, Cara Juliet, Cara Henrietta or Cara Faith.

3. Saoirse is fine, but I think you're going to have a lot of problems with people misspelling and mispronouncing it, which can be a real pain. Therefore, I would suggest using it as a middle name. Kate Saoirse is not too bad, but Katherine Saoirse is better.

First Name help:

1. Aoife is actually really hard to think of first names for, while it does sound good as a first name often! Here are a couple of suggestions, although I'm not really sold on any of them. Carolyn Aoife, Jessamine Aoife, Elisabeth Aoife.

2. Aiden is popular, but if it's the middle name then it doesn't matter so much. It's not really a filler. I like Christopher Aiden, Joshua Aiden or Gregory Aiden.

3. Arielle/Ariella - Julie Ariella, Poppy Ariella, Judith Arielle, Helen Ariella, Grace Ariella

4. Fern - this is super cute, almost too cute, and might really work better as a pet. Alana Fern is cute. Also I like Matilda Fern, Aurelia Fern, Ariella Fern, Antonia Fern, Carolina Fern, Moira Fern

1. Schuyler - I think this is strange. I think Skyler is better because people would know how to spell it, and it makes the nickname Sky more logical. However, I find Skyler a little feminine sounding. I would pair it with strong masculine middle name such as James, Thomas, William or Frederick.

2. Bennett - this is OK. I don't find it too cute really, but it probably would seem dated because it has become popular recently.

3. Finley - I love Finley (but would spell it Finlay). Finn is a great nickname.
Reuben Finley
Joshua Finley
Christian Finley
Aiden Finley
Finley James
Finley Sky
Finley Thomas
Finley Antonio

From your combos I really like:

Willow Juliet (I simply love Juliet)
Liam Alexander
Archer Maxwell
Pippa Genevieve
Genevieve Alana
Rose Anneliese
Evie Ophelia

#9 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

Middle name help:

1. Genevieve
Genevieve Lisette
Genevieve Rose
Genevieve Simone
Genevieve Carys
Genevieve Helena
Genevieve Eden
Genevieve Willow
Genevieve Elise
Genevieve Celeste
Genevieve Wren
Genevieve Estelle
Genevieve Adele
Genevieve Monet
Genevieve Scarlett
Genevieve Ophelia
Genevieve Felicity

2. Cara
Cara Mia (means "my beloved" in Italian)
Cara Belle
Cara Violet
Cara Lorraine
Cara Danielle
Cara Genevieve
Cara Beth
Cara Lenore
Cara Maeve
Cara Noelle
Cara Louise
Cara Isobel
Cara Jolene
Cara Matilde
Cara Mae

3. Saoirse
Saoisre Rhiannon (this is from my list :D)
Saoisre Ronan
Saoirse Rose
Saoirse Gael
Saoirse Delaney
Saoirse Imogen
Saoirse Mairin
Saoirse Quinn
Saoirse Belle
Saoirse Colleen
Saoirse Carlin
Saoirse Fallon
Saoirse Evelyn
Saoirse Niamh

First Name help:

1. Aoife
Imogen Aoife
Tierney Aoife
Aislinn Aoife
Carmody Aoife
Odilia Aoife
Bedelia Aoife
Siobhan Aoife
Mairead Aoife
Gráinne Aoife
Carwen Aoife
Louellen Aoife
Gwendolyn Aoife
Briallen Aoife
Lilias Aoife
Elspeth Aoife

2. Aiden
Patrick Aiden
Gregory Aiden
Samuel Aiden
Lucas Aiden
Alexander Aiden
Nicholas Aiden
Benjamin Aiden
Joseph Aiden
Christopher Aiden
Laurence Aiden
Thomas Aiden
William Aiden
Henry Aiden
Ferris Aiden
Finley Aiden
Lachlan Aiden
Marcus Aiden
Miles Aiden
Seamus Aiden

3. Arielle/Ariella
Carissa Arielle
Odessa Arielle
Delilah Arielle
Fiona Arielle
Linnea Arielle
Moriah Arielle
Natalia Arielle
Sophia Arielle
Victoria Arielle
Elizabeth Arielle
Louisa Arielle
Zoey Ariella
Paige Ariella
Cassidy Ariella
Emmeline Ariella
Gillian Ariella
Margaret Ariella
Yasmine Ariella
Mireille Ariella

4. Fern
Alaina Fern
Sophia Fern
Ariella Fern
Adriana Fern
Cassandra Fern
Tatiana Fern
Susannah Fern
Melina Fern
Liliana Fern
Juliana Fern
Gabriella Fern
Eliza Fern
Aurora Fern
Angelica Fern

1. Schuyler
Schuyler Gabrielle
Schuyler Aurora
Schuyler Genevieve
Schuyler Josephine
Schuyler Adeline
Schuyler Wren
Schuyler Athena
Schuyler Jolene
Schuyler Danae
Celia Schuyler
Loretta Schuyler
Elizabeth Schuyler
Rosemarie Schuyler
Adriana Schuyler
Sophia Schuyler
Abigail Schuyler

2. Bennett
William Bennett
Alexander Bennett
Oliver Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett
Avery Bennett
Ezra Bennett
Miles Bennett
Christopher Bennett
Bennett Greyson
Bennett James
Bennett Rhys
Bennett Donovan
Bennett Asher
Bennett Joel
Bennett Theodore
Bennett Hugh
Bennett Owen
Bennett Jackson

3. Finley
Atticus Finley (another from my list :))
Michael Finley
August Finley
Patrick Finley
Desmond Finley
Theodore Finley
Elliott Finley
Marcus Finley
Finley Tobias
Finley Matthias
Finley Reid
Finley Scott
Finley Jackson
Finley Donovan
Finley Cade
Finely Paul

Here are the combo's I LOVE (because I pretty much like all of them):

Eliza Harper
Willow Juliet
Emma Scarlett
Ivy Celeste
Liam Alexander
Charles Wallace
Holden Matthias
Greyson Jude
Jack Ronan
Pippa Genevieve
Alaina Fern
Imogen Lenore
Caleb Elias
Aria Cadence
Aurelia Maeve
Carson Elliot
Juniper Charlotte

Beautiful list so far!!! :D

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

Thank you so much for all of these replies!!!! :D

Middle Name Help:

1. Genevieve
If I marry a man with a short last name... maybe Genevieve Alana will be an option lol <3 Genevieve Claire wouldn't be a filler to me, I guess... but it still has that feel :/ Genevieve Clara is less filler like though! I like it!!! I also like Genevieve Elise a lot <3 I like Genevieve Willow and Genevieve Celeste and Genevieve Estelle are all really nice as well!!!

2. Cara
Oh my word, I love Cara Valerie! <3 I think this is officially on my list :D Cara Mia is really sweet though, I love the meaning <3

3. Saoirse
Saoirse Ronan is a favorite actress of mine lol... but is it odd to name a kiddo after her lol? Roisin is really pretty... I like it a lot! Very Irish name there, haha! Saoirse Roisin... <3 Saoirse Calliope is nice, though I love Saoirse Juliet as well! So gorgeous! Haha, not sure which one I like the best <3

First Name help:

1. Aoife
Scarlett Aoife is really pretty, I love it! Gwendolyn Aoife and Rosalie Aoife is really pretty as well! <3

2. Aiden
Elliot Aiden, Rhys Aiden, and Christopher Aiden. I think Christopher Aiden is my fav! So handsome sounding!

3. Arielle/Ariella
OoOo, I kinda do like the spelling Ariel better! Less frilly :) Phoebe Ariel is pretty <3 I seem to be picky on a lot of my name combo's lately, sorry I don't like many of them :/ But I do love Phoebe Ariel! =D

4. Fern
Joanna Fern, Cassia Fern, Aurelia Fern, and Eliza Fern are all beautiful! <3 I looooove Aurelia Fern! I think it's a keeper! <3

FN/MN help:

1. Schuyler
I should have specified- I prefer this on a girl! :/ Sorry about that! Imogen Schuyler is cute, as is Schuyler Jillian! I like them both! Though, I'd love some more suggestions please! <3

2. Bennett
I also like how it's got Ben as a nick name, and refreshing that it isn't a longer form of Benjamin! Though, Bennett is slightly trendy... <3 I like a lot of names with Bennett: Bennett Tobias, William Bennett, Alexander Bennett, Avery Bennett, Bennett Greyson, Bennett Rhys, and Bennett Jackson! I think my favs are either Avery Bennett or Bennett Jackson! <3

3. Finley
Finley Matthias, Finley Warren, Finley Thomas, Joshua Finley, Elliot Finley, and Finley Tobias! Not sure which my favorite is... I think I'd love Finley Joshua! Unsure though <3

Again, thank you SOOOO much for all the feedback! It's helped a lot!! :D Now, I gotta add/replace names on my list lol <3

~ Haddie

#11 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

3. Saoirse is fine, but I think you're going to have a lot of problems with people misspelling and mispronouncing it, which can be a real pain. Therefore, I would suggest using it as a middle name. Kate Saoirse is not too bad, but Katherine Saoirse is better.

I've had the name for 28 years and it really wasn't bad. You'd be surprised by the number of people who do know how to say it. Also, people who didn't know would normally just ask, not assume they knew how to say it. I love my name.

#12 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

3. Saoirse
Saoirse Ronan is a favorite actress of mine lol... but is it odd to name a kiddo after her lol? Roisin is really pretty... I like it a lot! Very Irish name there, haha! Saoirse Roisin... <3 Saoirse Calliope is nice, though I love Saoirse Juliet as well! So gorgeous! Haha, not sure which one I like the best <3

I really like the actress, Saoirse Ronan, as well. And I absolutely adore her name, so I thought I'd suggest it. Her full name is Saoirse Clodagh Ronan. I don't think it's too odd to name a kid that, but like I said - I really like the name combo. :D

#13 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Mmmm, okay :D I'll consider it for my list... <3

But I have absolutely no worry about the pronunciation thing for Saoirse. I mean, I realize many people may have issues with pronunciation, and spelling, but it's not a big deal. It's not hard to say "It's said like this.". Plus, she even could relate it to the actress, Saoirse Ronan.

I think the case here is: I truly love the name. And I can see it aging well, I can picture an adorable little baby named Saoirse, a five year old on the playground, a teenager, woman, older lady... :) I don't see her getting picked on in the playground, why wouldn't a boy ask her on a date as a teenager, her job interviews wouldn't be looked on funny for her name in a bad way, and a lady in the nursing home named Saoirse isn't odd. I don't immediately see teasing potential. It doesn't sound like a funny word. It has firm roots, and a fine meaning. Very traditional name, in the Irish area. Plus, I personally love how it isn't popular like Emma and Sophia and whatnot! Unique, and gorgeous. I love how it sounds, how it looks.... everything :D

~ Haddie

#14 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

But I have absolutely no worry about the pronunciation thing for Saoirse. I mean, I realize many people may have issues with pronunciation, and spelling, but it's not a big deal. It's not hard to say "It's said like this.". Plus, she even could relate it to the actress, Saoirse Ronan.

I think the case here is: I truly love the name. And I can see it aging well, I can picture an adorable little baby named Saoirse, a five year old on the playground, a teenager, woman, older lady... :) I don't see her getting picked on in the playground, why wouldn't a boy ask her on a date as a teenager, her job interviews wouldn't be looked on funny for her name in a bad way, and a lady in the nursing home named Saoirse isn't odd. I don't immediately see teasing potential. It doesn't sound like a funny word. It has firm roots, and a fine meaning. Very traditional name, in the Irish area. Plus, I personally love how it isn't popular like Emma and Sophia and whatnot! Unique, and gorgeous. I love how it sounds, how it looks.... everything :D

~ Haddie

I completely agree with you, and actually I couldn't have said it better. I adore the name and think it will be beautiful on a little girl, young lady, or older woman! :D

#15 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

I completely agree with you, and actually I couldn't have said it better. I adore the name and think it will be beautiful on a little girl, young lady, or older woman! :D

Why thank you!!! :D haha, it's always great to know someone agrees :D it'd be a sad case if I could picture this name aging or something and no one else could :x I'm always afraid of that... Looking at a name then thinking it's perfect and everyone else is like 'ahhhh!!!!' :P

Well, if I ever have a little girl, and I name her Saoirse, I'll see how it goes :)

Do you have any nick name idea's? Oh, and I continuously pronounce it sair-shah, is that really wrong you think? The sair rhyming with care lol. I know it's seer-sha, but I almost like the other better... Hmmm :/

Thanks so much, Mal! :D

#16 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Do you have any nick name idea's? Oh, and I continuously pronounce it sair-shah, is that really wrong you think? The sair rhyming with care lol. I know it's seer-sha, but I almost like the other better... Hmmm :/

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I've heard it pronounced three different ways: seer-sha, sair-sha, and sir-sha. Saoirse Ronan actually pronounces her name the third way, kinda like inertia (see here ). :D Seeing as how it's an Irish name, I think that it has to do with where you are in Ireland.

As for nicknames, it's kind of hard to find something that will work. Maybe one of these:
Sersh
Surrey
Sairsh
Sera
Sershie
Shasha
Sha
Seer
Cici
Sair

#17 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:46 AM

~ Haddie

Hey! I agree. one day I will be an old lady named Saoirse. And right now I'm an adult with a kid and a kid on the way. But I was once a kid too. Big ups.

#18 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hey! I agree. one day I will be an old lady named Saoirse. And right now I'm an adult with a kid and a kid on the way. But I was once a kid too. Big ups.

Well geez! Why don't we ask the expert here... Saoirse, do you have any nicknames? And what do you think of the ones I suggested earlier? :D

P.S. Yes, I love your name!

#19 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Okay, well Im glad I'm not totally messing it up! :D

I like those nick name options! Shasha, Sersh/Sairsh are all cute! Like! :D

But haha! I should ask you, Saoirse! :D what nick names do you go by? :)

#20 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

I don't really have any nicknames... not that relate to my name. My sister has some colorful ones that I'd rather not get into hahaha. I pronounce my name seer-sha, but I've definitely heard it as sair-sha too. Both are acceptable, and if someone calls me by the latter I don't correct them, it's technically correct.

But yeah, the only nickname I've ever been called is "shi-shi" by my sister hahaha. I call her "shoney" because her name is Seonaid.

But yeah, if one of my employers called me shi-shi I'd die hahaha. I never really had any nn's because my name is only two syllables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users