Help! Can't agree.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

My wife and I have been able to agree about a boys name, but we just can't find a compromise on a girls name. I have fallen in love with Sophie as a first name, my wife has attached to Adaline as a first name. My argument is that Adaline is a mouthful for every day use, and I'm not a fan of the most obvious shortenings (Ada, Addy). I'm not opposed to any name as a middle name. She is accusing me of being a name nazi and vetoing all her names because they aren't Sophie or doesn't go with Sophie. There maybe a little truth to that but I'm really trying to be flexible and compromise. We need help!

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

I actually think Adaline Sophie is great. And you would both get the name you want in there. You could always call her by her middle which isn't a mouthful at all.
To be honest, Adeline, and alternatives like Adelaide or Addison, have become more popular lately and the length is no different to other names like Elizabeth, Amelia, Katherine or Victoria or Isabel that have been around for a long time and people have no trouble with (if not shorter than a lot of the names that have risen in popularity the past year or so i.e Arabella, Olivia, Sophia, Penelope)
Obviously a lot of longer names get shortened and if you really dislike all of the nickname options for Adaline and you don't want to call her Sophie either, you guys may just have to keep looking for other names you could compromise on.

Here are some possibly less obvious nicknames:
Ally
Linny
Dina
Annie
Dell
Lainey
Lana
Adele

#3 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

Sophie Adaline is also cute! But I would suggest finding a new name that you guys both love. Maybe using either Sophie or Adaline for the middle name?

Names I think you guys will both like:
Ruby
Eloise
Scarlett
Maya
Adele
Caroline
Mollie
Georgia
Lorelei
Audra
Elsa
Juliette
Freya
Lilah
Hazel
Penelope
Alice
Mia
Vivian
Eliza
Mirabel
Isla
Celeste
Bria
Audrey
Evelyn
Cora
Rosalie
Sienna
Ava
Violet
Abigail
Naomi
Corinne
Lily
Annalise
Lydia
Hattie
Elena
Aria
Chloe

Like any?

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

Adeline/Adaline Sophie is really lovely. But if neither of you like the other person's name choice, find a new one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users