• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I've been playing around with my list for a bit. Mainly procrastinating and not doing the chores I'm supposed to. There's lots of names that I like on my list but there's not many that I truly love anymore.

A few questions:

• I have a few problems with Arabella. It seems heavy on the b's when paired up with Baker and I really don't like the nickname Bella which I feel most people would automatically shorten it too.
  • Does James Salem run together?
  • First names for Orion? I love it and want to use it on a son but can't think of any other combo that I truly love it in beyond Isaac Orion which has been given a big thumbs down.
  • I'm really liking some foreign names in the middle name spot. I know not many people use their middle names on a regular basis but I don't want my children to have a name that will cause problems. Do any of them standout as causing problems. Most of them have pronunciations that are fairly simple once you hear them once or twice.
  • Neither of us can agree on a spelling of Maya. He likes it with a 'y' but to me it reminds me of the Mayans and it seems a little clunky to me whereas Maia looks more compact.

Simon Leif (LAYF)

Ronan Gregory

Damien Tadhg (TIEG)

Marcus Bjorn

Gideon Tate "Eon"

Lorcan Percival

James Salem

Orion

Levi

Jude

Edgar

Arabella Rasia (rye-EEZ-ah) "Ari"

Lilith Marceline

Eva Noelle

Noemi Siofra (she-fra)

Maya/Maia

Milena

Anneliese

Camilla

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

I do think James Salem runs together. :(

James Orion is soooo handsome! And Isaac Salem. Or Levi Salem <3

Lilith Marceline is nice together. I love Marceline.

Eva Noelle is pretty, but seems almost bland compared to the others, sorry! Eva Marceline would be great.

I much prefer Maia for the same reasons as you.

Anneliese Maia would be cool!

I love all these foreign names!! Especially Bjorn!

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

• I think Arabella Baker -- or Bella Baker actually flows really well, and it's so pretty.  You could also call her Ari.
  • Yes, I do think James Salem runs together.
  • I like Maia better.

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

I like:

Damien Tadhg (TIEG)

Marcus Bjorn

Gideon Tate "Eon"

Orion

Jude (Jude Orion would be nice)

Lilith Marceline ( Like Lilith, not so much MN)

Eva Noelle

Maya/Maia

Milena

Anneliese

Camilla

#5 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Thanks ladies!

I like James Orion and Jude Orion but initials are going to be my one big hold up on either combo. JOB, I'd be guilty of calling him Job a lot which may or may not be an issue but there are worse initials than that.

Isaac Salem is nice but I don't know if Martin would go for it. He's still stuck on having a middle name that starts with G so he can call him Iggy. I'm adding it to my list and I'll mention it to him. Who knows, maybe by the time we have kids he won't want an Iggy. Levi Salem is absolutely handsome. This is definitely going on my list.

I actually like Ari a lot. And saying it out loud I guess Bella has the same alliteration that Blaire does. Going onto the list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users