• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flying-person

flying-person

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Everything that isn't maths or geography ;)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

I need names for the children of my two main characters (their names are Emiliana 'Emilie' and Christopher)! There are four of them, and I'm having problems choosing because the kids will be princes and princesses so I'm not sure which names will be appropriate. I keep changing them all the time, haha, so I've decided to just seek a second (or third or forth) opinion.

Right now I have:

Cassius (cass-ee-us)
He is the next in line for the throne, being the oldest son and all. He has blonde hair and green eyes. His personality is serious most of the time, and he's a little full of himself, but he's also has a 'dumb blonde' streak that (will be) is absolutely hilarious. He's soul mate's/wife's name will definitely be Violette (vee-oh-lette) and he'll have two children with her named Christopher and Liliana. I worry with how close 'Prince Cassius' is with 'Prince Caspian' from Narnia. Also, Cassius and Tobias (below) sound really similar. :unsure:

Calliope (callie-oh-pee)
Cassius' twin sister and considered one of the most beautiful women in their kingdom/country. She also has blonde hair and green eyes. She also loves to sing (which is why I'm pretty happy with the name Calliope for her, because it means 'great singer'), dance, paint and everything artistic. Her personality is a little snottish and up-herself, but nothing too bad. Her husband is the next king of another country and his name is Kaiden.

Tobias (toe-buy-us)
Tobias (well, that is his name for now. He's also been Ruben and Elias) will be the main character of the book following this one. He's the only one of his siblings that takes after his mother, with dark hair and eyes. He's a lot quieter that his brothers and sisters and is constantly teased by his older brother. When he's 10 years old he leaves the kingdom to go train in this really secluded country (which is practically unknown) that has the greatest army in the world (or something like that, I haven't worked out the details). Anyways, when he returns he's like a silent killer. His personality is very very mysterious and deadly and confident. The love story in the novel will occur between him and a faerie called Seraphie <3

Anemone? (anne-eh-moan-ee)
I've changed her name the most. First she was Ophelia, then Cecily, then Cordelia, then Margot. I'm still not happy with Anemone either. It sounds too close to Calliope, and doesn't fit the character. She's the youngest of the four siblings and the baby of the family. She has (really) curly blonde hair and green eyes. She always seems to be away in dreamland and has an eccentric, hippy-like personality. Tobias and her used to be really close when they were kids, but she doesn't even acknowledge him when he returns home after leaving for 11 years.

Thanks to everyone who replies! It'll really be a big help! :D

#2 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I love the boys names, both are royally elegant and fit your character descriptions. I don't personally like either of your girls names, sorry they just aren't my style!
My suggestions would be...
Girl 1
Genevieve
Cassandra
Vivienne
Saraphine/Saraphina (Sara means princess)
Regina (means Queen)
Tiana (means Queen)
Reina (means Queen)
Girl 2
Alicia (means "of noble birth"=Princess!)
Cecilia
Carolina
Evelyn
Helena
I think any of these names could fit your characters and they are beautiful, elegant, and royal! Good Luck! Will you answer my post? It's called, Name my characters! (Pictures provided). Thanks! Let us know what you choose!

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I think Cassius works fine for the eldest son and heir. I don't think it is too similar to Caspian and although Cassius and Tobias have similar endings, they are different enough to work for siblings. I think Cordelia works well for the youngest sister and fits nicely Cassius, Calliope & Tobias.

More names for youngest sister you may like...

Antonia
Elysia
Odelia (combination of Ophelia & Cordelia)
Olympia
Penelope
Zenobia

#4 flying-person

flying-person

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Everything that isn't maths or geography ;)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think Cassius works fine for the eldest son and heir. I don't think it is too similar to Caspian and although Cassius and Tobias have similar endings, they are different enough to work for siblings. I think Cordelia works well for the youngest sister and fits nicely Cassius, Calliope & Tobias.

More names for youngest sister you may like...

Antonia
Elysia
Odelia (combination of Ophelia & Cordelia)
Olympia
Penelope
Zenobia

How would you pronounce Elysia? My initial reaction is usually elle-eye-see-uh, but I've heard it pronounced like Eliza so it's kind of confusing, haha.

I love Cordelia so much, but the reason I didn't use it was because I didn't want all of the siblings to start with a C, only for poor Tobias to be left out :(

Maybe something with E to honour her mother for the youngest girl? I like Elysia (pro. the way I first mentioned) and Evelyn, but other suggestions would be much appreciated!

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Elysia is pron. (Eh LEE see uh)

#6 Façade

Façade

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Tiara, Sancia or Santyana, Éowyn. -> Girl 2.
Thanantos, Sage, Excaliber -> Boy 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users