• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zara Black

Zara Black

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hi, i'm a 12 year old aspiring author. Yes, writing at 12 is very difficult, especially since I tend to choose names that either don't fit the character at all, or are names that I love, but people trash talk a lot, which eventually makes me drop the book idea because they tell me loads of crap about it. So anyway I am starting a book remake of Rapunzel, except for the fact that she lives in a world of winged people, and she's flightless. Of course, being myself, I don't want to name her Rapunzel. I'd also like if it was just as unique as Rapunzel, but not quite unheard of. Please help!

#2 MiaKatie

MiaKatie

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Salem would be cute. 

#3 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

Nova

Esme (ez-may)

Crystalia

Bay

Calliope

Calypso

I started writing at about the same age and used all kinds of names that made people look at me funny and question my choice. You give your characters names for a reason and they are YOUR characters, that's one of the things I love most about writing is choosing character names because you can call them whatever you want! I remember giving a character a name I had made up myself and people didn't like it, but it fit the character, it fit the story, and I have no regrets. Go with your first instinct, it's usually right.

#4 Cheyenne Autumn

Cheyenne Autumn

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, writing, sewing.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

I agree with Natalie_Reese, I too started writing around the same age and naming the characters is my favorite part! Writing is for you, that's why you write, right? (sorry for all that :P) If the writing is not to make you happy then you shouldn't be writing. No matter what you do, someone is always going to be there to question your decisions and criticize. It's up to you to choose what advice you want to accept and what you don't. Write for yourself and then you'll find that letting others read your work and occasional helpful criticism doesn't bother you as much! Never give up on an idea just because someone doesn't accept it; Our world's most ingenious people wouldn't exist if they had! Thomas Edison, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln and Dr. Seuss are just a few examples. 

As for the name I like Natalie_Reese's idea of Crystalia,it gives you the feeling of a fantastical name such as rapunzel but is different and rarely used! Keep writing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users