#21 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

We have decided to name our baby girl: Catherine

However we aren't sure on the middle name. Catherine (this spelling is set). We like Catherine Victoria but Catherine Emma comes up too. As you probably know Emma is after my great-grandma who was a very "famous" among the math community. I didn't want to use it as a first name because it is so popular and some say it doesn't sound good with last name.

So....Catherine Victoria -or- Catherine Emma?

#22 Summerlily

Summerlily

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

Catherine Victoria

#23 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

While I love Catherine Victoria, I adore how Catherine Emma honors your great-grandma!

I say Catherine Emma!

#24 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

I love the idea that Catherine Emma honors your great-grandma, but I think Catherine Victoria sounds the best. Maybe if you have another little girl sometime, save Emma for her middle name for a first name that sounds better with it.

Good luck!

#25 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

I like both Catherine Victoria and Catherine Emma, but I like Catherine Emma a bit more.

#26 Lyn

Lyn

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

I think you had some better names on your list than Catherine, but if this is the one you love, Catherine Victoria sounds nice.

#27 BellaThomas

BellaThomas

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, cappucinos, Twilight saga. That about sums it up.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

I agree that other names on your list were better. What happened to Jillian?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users