10 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hey ladies and gents!  :D  Hope everyone is doing well! 

I'm in a bit of a rut with baby girl's name. I know ya'll are probably getting impatient and fed up with my indecisiveness but I just can't bear the thought of giving her a name that won't fit her!! The hubby and I are getting somewhere in this name dispute. We've come across a few that we really like but none that we truly LOVE. One thing is guaranteed; Her middle name will be Katherine(family name) or Kate depending on the length of the first name we choose. 

Here's our list:

Freya

Delilah

Vivian

Scarlett

Mara(h)

Selah (hubby's name means Rock so I thought it would be a nice homage to him! :wub: 

Ainsley

Jolie

I'm starting to realize that THE name won't come to me until after I see her beautiful little face. But it doesn't hurt to have some names in mind!  :P 

Thank you all and sorry! 

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I love Scarlett, Mara, Selah, & Jolie! Vivian and Ainsley are nice, too.
  • EmilyA likes this

#3 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

I love Vivienne Kate and Scarlett Katherine.
  • EmilyA likes this

#4 CrystalB

CrystalB

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

Freya is a lovely name - I think names which end with an "a" are adorable on a girl. I would pair it with Katherine if you're looking for a more elegant/regal name, or Kate for something more casual/modern - both work well!

Good luck with your search!

• EmilyA likes this

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

Freya - I love this name, I would seriously consider this for my daughter, and I think Freya Katherine is gorgeous. I don't think it goes the best with your boys, but it does sound nice with Hayes and Easton.

Delilah - I really like Delilah with Hayes and Easton, it has the same sort of country feel to it, and I think it really fits with your family. Delilah Kate is so gorgeous.

Vivian - I'm not a fan of Vivian, I much prefer Vivienne, but I think it does go nicely with Hayes and Easton. Vivian Kate is lovely.

Scarlett - I don't think this goes as well with your boys names as some of the other names on your list, although it is nice and I do like it. Scarlett Kate doesn't sound right to me, and Scarlett Katherine is very long.

Mara(h) - I like this but it's not my favourite of your names. It does sound nice with Hayes and Easton, but I prefer other names with them. Mara Kate sounds better to me than Mara Katherine.

Selah - I like this one, and Hayes, Easton, and Selah sounds lovely. Selah Katherine is gorgeous, and I love that the meaning honors your hubby.

Ainsley - I kind of like Ainsley, but it's not my favourite on your list. Ainsley Katherine is nice, but I don't think it goes so well with your boys' names.

Jolie - I'm not a fan of Jolie, and I don't think it goes so well with Hayes and Easton. Jolie Katherine is nice, but not my favourite.

My favourites from your list are Delilah and Selah, I think both go well with Hayes and Easton, and they sound lovely with Kate/Katherine.

• EmilyA likes this

#6 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I really love Delilah, I think it really fits with your boys names well <3 I also love Mara & Freya! Gorgeous list <3 You'll find the perfect name for her, don't worry :) 

#7 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

I like Delilah, Vivienne, and Scarlett.

Scarlett would be my #1 choice (as I have previously expressed).  It's currently my favorite girls name -- so glamorous and the nickname Carly would be adorable.  Scarlett Katherine would be perfection.  <3

Then Vivienne would be my #2 choice and Delilah would be my #3, but it was almost a tie between the two.

You probably don't want more suggestions, lol, but I think Everly would be nice too.  Everly Catherine would be very pretty imo.   :)

Also, Rosalie and Annabelle.

#8 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

My favourites:

Scarlett

Mara(h)

Selah 

#9 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

I love Delilah Katherine.

#10 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

These three are my favorites with Katherine/Kate:

Freya

Delilah

Vivian

#11 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 776 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

I love Freya, Delilah, Jolie, Scarlett, and Selah! Haha but my favorite is definitely Penelope!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users