Photo

G. E. D.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

Name: Sarah

I am having trouble deciding between Gracie and Emerson. Our last name starts with a D so if I use Grace Emerson - her initials will be GED. I can't use Emerson Grace because I know someone with that name. My other daughters name is Olivia. Do you have any suggestions on first and middle names???

#2 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

I don't see a problem with the initials GED (maybe I'm missing something). I think Gracie and Olivia would be cute together. If you wanted different mn's you could try Gracie Alyssa or Emerson Georgina.

#3 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

I don't see a problem with GED either. I don't like Emerson, and at any rate Grace goes better with Olivia (in my opinion). Here are some ideas:

Lucy
Sophia
Emily
Rachel
Chloe
Aimee/Amy
Julie
Ruby
Ella
Lily
Anna
Gemma
Amelia
Madeleine
Lydia

#4 3boxers

3boxers

Notable Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

My last name starts with a D as well so I know why you may be self conscious about this. GED is not that bad. GOD is really bad LOL...

I like the above suggestion of Lydia, though your original name is good. I think you should go with it despite the GED thing.

#5 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

I think the initials GED are absolutely fine -- trust me, I've seen a lot worse, and I have a cousin with HEK as his. I think Grace Emerson is lovely, and sounds great with Olivia. GOod luck!

#6 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

honestly, gracie is cutesy and grace in it of itself is just used so much, so naturally i stray from grace. i am not a huge fan of emerson either. i love emery and think it is a nice feminine alternative to the name. though gracie emerson isn't my favorite name, g.e.d. is not the worst of initials as charity said, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then you are doing the right thing by asking for help.. emery i don't know if you like but i think it could sound pretty with manyt hings. emery gracia is rpetty. gracia is i think a beautiful and real name that is a nice alternative to such a popular name.

#7 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

GED is just fine!