• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Stolen from Nameberry. I got a chuckle from it.

And to keep it fun, all add to it:

1. What are your thoughts on popular names?

2. Do you have any popular names on your list?

3. What range of the popularity list do you tend to love the names of?

Feel free to add anything to it.

The link to the article / video is right down here. It's a short video, I promise!

http://www.nickmom.c...xid=outbrainvid

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

That video was pretty funny  :) I really like popular names. I think for the most part they are popular for a reason. My favourite names are both popular and classic. From my most recent list some of the popular names I like are Sarah, Jane, Catherine, Caroline, Emma, Michael, James, Ethan, Noah. There isn't one particular range of names that I like more. I just like the more traditional names rather than the trendy names. 

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

1. What are your thoughts on popular names? - I like a lot of popular names, but having a popular name myself and being known as Hannah H throughout my school career annoyed me a bit. That said I wouldn't let the popularity of a name put me off using it if I loved it.

2. Do you have any popular names on your list? - I do, quite a few actually. Moreso the boys than the girls; Caleb, Isaac, and Henry stand out in my head, and Lily for girls.

3. What range of the popularity list do you tend to love the names of? - All over the shop I guess, I haven't really checked, but I think quite a few of my favourites are in the top 50.

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

1. What are your thoughts on popular names

I don't think the popularity of a name should stop you from using a name you love, and I certainly don't think you should use a name you don't care for just because it is uncommon. However, I do prefer names that are less common so the child can avoid being Addison S. or "blonde Addy" like I always was.

2. Do you have any popular names on your list?

Absolutely! I think my highest are Elijah (number 11) and Isabella (number 4).

3. What range of the popularity list do you tend to love the names of?

If I had to guess, I'd say my taste lies in the very middle of the popularity list, somewhere around 500. But really, I have names like Isabella in the top ten and then names like Laban who literally haven't been in the top 1000 since the ssa list was created 135 years ago.

#5 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

1. What are your thoughts on popular names?  I have to accept the fact that every single name will eventually hit it's peak and become popular, sadly. Maybe not Millicent but you get the drift. I do like some of the "popular" names such as; Ava, Mason, Charlotte, Oliver, Noah, etc. Most of the classic options which are the ones becoming more and more popular as the days go by.

2. Do you have any popular names on your list? Of course! My son is named Easton, a common name here where I live. Isla is a very popular name, up and coming, and my daughters middle is Isla. It's kind of inevitable to not like a popular name. 

3. What range of the popularity list do you tend to love the names of? All over! Most of mine I didn't know were in the top 100 until after being told by a few people on here. Sometimes my taste lies right at the top but other times it lies in between and near the end. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users