#1 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

December 13, 1913

It’s just about time to ring in 1914, but you’re not really in the festive spirit for parties or even a small dinner with friends. You’ve travelled the globe, eaten so many strange-looking foods, slept in tents and huts and out under the stars. None of that stopped you from doing what you liked. And now that you’re back in the States? You, the mighty explorer, have been felled… by a common cold.

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, (DW):

Dear (Your Name),

I hope this letter finds you well and resting at home though in this season of joy (and colds!) I expect you are in bed with a hot water bottle – just like you always used to be when we were girls! I must…

…And now I must tell you all about the family –

DH has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

DD1 and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what (DD1's husband's name) did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, DD1 is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

DD2 and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West (type of tree) Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room (color) while the girls insisted on (color) and (color) stripes.

DS1 recently earned a promotion. In his new position as (you pick a promotion for the occupation you rolled) he is looking forward to (you pick).

DS2’s father-in-law has officially handed his (DS2’s occupation) business/store to DS2 and his wife, (DS2’s wife). The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

DD3 got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to (pick a field of medicine for him to go into – remember, this is 1913!).

DS3, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

DD4 is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named First (Disney hero) Middle Last (Starts with G). Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
DW

The LN Family
DH & DW (1850 & 1864)
DD4 (1898)

DD1 (1880)

DH: (1873) occupation:
DD: (1904)
DS: (1906)
DS/DS: (1910)
DS/DS: First Middle/First Middle (His mother's maiden name)(1913)

DD2 (1881)

DH: (1882) occupation:
DD: (1905)
DS/DS/DS: (1907; 1907-1907)
DD: (1910)
DD: First Middle (Biblical) (1912)

DS1 (1883) occupation:

DW: (1893)
DD: (1910)
DS: Named after his father (1911)

DS2 (1886) occupation:

DW: (1886)
DD: (1908)
DS: [/b (1910)
DD: First (Biblical) Middle (honors DS2's twin) (1912)

DD3 (1886)

DH: (1883) occupation:
DD: (1903 -1904)
DD: (1908)
DS: (1910)

DS3 (1890) occupation: pharmacist

DW: (1892)
DD: First Middle (1912)

[b]Next stop - 1918!

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

The Sanders' Family
[As it was in the Year 1913]

Edward Jeremiah Sanders, b. 1850
Georgia Eliot Sanders, b. 1864

& their one child left at home,

Mary Evangeline Sanders, b. 1898 [aged 16 years]

& their grown children,

Georgiana Marigold Sanders, b. 1880 [aged 33 years]
& husband, Frederick Whitney Mcdowell, b. 1873, an eager young banker under Edward
& their children,

Clarissa Marigold Mcdowell, b. 1904 [aged 9 years]
Frederick Whitney Mcdowell, Jr., b. 1906 [aged 7 years]
George Quincy Mcdowell, b. 1910 [aged 3 years]
Edward Jeremiah Mcdowell, b.1910 [aged 3 years]
Arthur Harold "Artie" Mcdowell, b. 1913 [aged 4 months]
Baxter Sanders Mcdowell, b. 1913 [aged 4 months]

Elberta Jean Sanders, b. 1881 [aged 32 years]
& husband, James Ernest York, b. 1882, a salesman for Upton Motor Company
& their children,

Eliza Georgette York, b. 1905 [aged 8 years]
Robert Alfred York, b. 1907 [aged 6 years]
Andrew Thomas York, b. 1907 [aged 6 years]
Charles Ernest York, b. 1907, d. 1907
Caroline Margarette York, b. 1910 [aged 3 years]
Vivian Mary York, b. 1912 [aged 1 year]

Edward Jeremiah Sanders, Jr., b. 1883 [aged 30 years], a minister
& wife, Hanna Stuart Sanders, b. 1893
& their children,

Rosalind Anne Sanders, b. 1910 [aged 3 years]
Edward Jeremiah Sanders, III, b. 1911 [aged 2 years]

Henry Warren Sanders, b. 1886 [aged 27 years], a dairy farmer
& wife, Alice Granger Sanders, b. 1886
& their children,

Alice Granger Sanders, b. 1908 [aged 5 years]
Henry Warren Sanders, Jr., b. 1910 [aged 3 years]
Beth-Anne Virginia Sanders, b. 1912 [aged 1 year]

Virginia Anne Sanders, b. 1886 [aged 27 years]
& husband, Leslie Calvin Colburn, b. 1883, a bricklayer
& their children,

Olive June Colburn, b. 1903, d. 1904
Myrna Rose Colburn, b. 1908 [aged 5 years]
Leslie Calvin Colburn, Jr., b. 1910 [aged 3 years]

Raymond Eliot Sanders, b. 1890 [aged 24 years], a pharmacist
& wife, Chandra Patil Sanders, b. 1892
& daughter,

Dahlia Anjali Sanders, b. 1919 [aged 1 year]

#3 alaskayoung

alaskayoung

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 768 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

December 13, 1913

It’s just about time to ring in 1914, but you’re not really in the festive spirit for parties or even a small dinner with friends. You’ve traveled the globe, eaten so many strange-looking foods, slept in tents and huts and out under the stars. None of that stopped you from doing what you liked. And now that you’re back in the States? You, the mighty explorer, have been felled… by a common cold.

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Angelina:

Dear Audrey,

I hope this letter finds you well and resting at home though in this season of joy (and colds!) I expect you are in bed with a hot water bottle – just like you always used to be when we were girls! I must…

William has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Angela
and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Leland did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Angela is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Ethel and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Elm Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on pink and purple stripes.

William Jr. recently earned a promotion. In his new position as a dean he is looking forward to spending more time with Anka and Rosie.

Henry’s father-in-law has officially handed his grocery business/store to Henry and his wife, Alice. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Mary got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to research new vaccines.

James, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Eve is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Peter Edward Glass. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Angelina

The Watson Family
William Arthur & Angelina DiGiorgio (1850 & 1864) Ages 64 & 50
Eve Guinevere (1898) Age 16

DD1: Angela Rose Watson Blackwell (1880) Age 34

DH: Leland Shepard Blackwell (1873) Age 41
DD: Lavinia Rose Blackwell (1904) Age 10
DS: Leland Shepard Blackwell Jr. (1906) Age 8
DS/DS: Louis Calvin Blackwell/William "Liam" Arthur Blackwell (1910) Age 4
DS/DS: Lawrence Robert/Lennox Watson (1913) Age 1

DD2: Ethel Victoria Watson York (1881) Age 33

DH: Daniel Edmond York (1882) Age 32
DD: Edith Lina York (1905) Age 9
DS/DS/DS: Daniel Edmond York Jr., George William York, and Joseph Humphrey York (deceased) (1907; 1907-1907) Age 7
DD: Esther Marjorie York (1910) Age 4
DD: Eleanor Ruth York (1912) Age 2

DS1: William Arthur Watson Jr. (1883) Age 31

DW: Anka Wendell Watson (1893) Age 21
DD: Rosalind Anne Watson (1910) Age 4
DS: William Arthur Watson III (1911) Age 3

DS2: Henry Howard Watson (1886) Age 28

DW: Alice Caroline Abbott Watson (1886) Age 28
DD: Alice "Allie" Caroline Watson (1908) Age 6
DS: Henry Howard Watson Jr. (1910) Age 4
DD: Magdalen Mary Watson (1912) Age 2

DD3 Mary Margaret Watson March (1886) Age 28

DH: Tracy Wyatt March (1883) Age 31
DD: Willa Violet March (deceased) (1903 -1904)
DD: Myrna"Myrie" Daisy March (1908) Age 6
DS: Tracy Wyatt March Jr. (1910) Age 4

DS3: James DiGiorgio Watson (1890) Age 24

DW: Neela Misra Watson (1892) Age 22
DD: Dahlia Shivali Watson (1912) Age 2

#4 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

December 13, 1913

It’s just about time to ring in 1914, but you’re not really in the festive spirit for parties or even a small dinner with friends. You’ve travelled the globe, eaten so many strange-looking foods, slept in tents and huts and out under the stars. None of that stopped you from doing what you liked. And now that you’re back in the States? You, the mighty explorer, have been felled… by a common cold.

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Lena:

Dear Emmeline,

John Henry has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Helen and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Avery did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Helen is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Beth and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Elm Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on pink and white stripes.

John recently earned a promotion. In his new position as a tenured professor he is looking forward to having more freedom with his classes.

Albert’s father-in-law has officially handed his grocery store to Albert and his wife, Jenny. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Nan got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s aiming to be a surgeon.

George, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Emma is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Eric Michael Griffey. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Lena

The Brooks Family
John Henry & Helena Douglas (1850 & 1864)
Mary Emma (1898)

Helen Rose (1880)

DH: Calvin Avery Hardin, Sr.(1873) occupation: banker
DD: Estella Rose (1904)
DS: Calvin Avery, Jr. (1906)
DS/DS: John Maxwell/James Henry (1910)
DS/DS: William Oliver/Alexander Brooks (1913)

Bertha Elizabeth (1881)

DH: James Harold Welsh (1882) occupation: entrepreneur
DD: Beatrice Eleanor (1905)
DS/DS/DS: James Harold, Jr./ John Henry/ Robert Edward (1907; 1907-1907)
DD: Louisa Marjorie (1910)
DD: Sylvia Elizabeth (1912)

John Henry, Jr. (1883) occupation: professor

DW: Anna Lawrence (1893)
DD: Bella Kate (1910)
DS: John Henry, III (1911)

William Albert (1886) occupation: grocer

DW: Jenny Caroline Miller (1886)
DD: Jenny Caroline (1908)
DS: William Albert, Jr. [/b (1910)
DD: Elizabeth Nan (1912)

Anne Marie (1886)

DH: Leslie Thomas Beckwith, III(1883) occupation: med student
DD: Clara Florence (1903 -1904)
DD: Mildred Lily (1908)
DS: Leslie Thomas, IV (1910)

George Douglas (1890) occupation: pharmacist

DW: Padma Singh (1892)
DD: Flora Devi (1912)

[b]John Henry & Lena Brooks - Helen, Beth, John, Albert, Nan, George & Emma

Avery & Helen Hardin - Stella, Calvin, Max, James, Alex & Oliver
Welsh & Beth Welsh - Bea, Harry, Jake, Louisa & Sylvia
John & Anna Brooks - Bella & Jack
Albert & Jenny Brooks - Carrie, William & Betsey
Tom & Nan Beckwith - Millie & Thomas
George & Padma Brooks - Flora

#5 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Marguerite:

Dear Josie,

Charles has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Maggie and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Ezekiel did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Maggie is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Gertie and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Sixth Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room red while the girls insisted on pink and purple stripes.

Charlie recently earned a promotion. In his new position as superintendent he is looking forward to being involved in the big decisions.

Leo’s father-in-law has officially handed his grocery store to Leo and his wife, Ruby. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Annie got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to study pediatrics.

Teddy, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Ginny is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Flynn Anthony Guthrie. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Marguerite

The Robinson Family
Charles Phineas Robinson & Marguerite Murray Robinson (b. 1850 & 1864)
Virginia Mercy *Ginny* Robinson (b. 1898)

Margaret Lily *Maggie* Robinson Sweeney (b. 1880)
DH – Ezekiel Barry Sweeney (b. 1873) • occupation: businessman

DD – Matilda Lily *Tilly* Sweeney (b. 1904)
DS - Ezekiel Barry *Zeke* Sweeney (b. 1906)
DS/DS - Samuel Arthur *Sam* Sweeney & Phineas Charles *Finn* Sweeney (b. 1910)
DS/DS: Walter Henry *Walt* Sweeney & Alexander Robinson *Lex* Sweeney (b. 1913)

Gertrude Irene *Gertie* Robinson North (b. 1881)
DH – Henry Philip North (b. 1882) • occupation: salesman

DD – Genevieve Margarita North (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS – James Edgar *Jay* North & Joseph Edmund *Joe* North & John Edward North (died at birth) (b. 1907; b. 1907 - 1907)
DD - Beatrice Margalo North (b. 1910)
DD: Levi Solomon North (b. 1912)

Charles Phineas *Charlie* Robinson (b. 1883) • occupation: superintendent
DW – Hanna Ira Robinson (b. 1893)

DD - Mirabella Tess *Mira* Robinson (b. 1910)
DS: Carleton Phineas Robinson (b. 1911)

Elliot Warren *Leo* Robinson (b. 1886) • occupation: grocer
DW – Ruby Gwendolen Miller Robinson (b. 1886)

DD – Ruby Gwendolen *Gwen* Robinson (b. 1908)
DS - Eli Warren Robinson (b. 1910)
DD: Lydia Claire Robinson (b. 1912)

Anna Claire *Annie* Robinson Cosby (b. 1886)
DH – Tracy Calvin Cosby (b. 1883) • occupation: bricklayer

DD – Clara Pearl Cosby (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD – Joyce Juniper *JJ* Cosby (b. 1908)
DS - Calvin Tracy *Cal* Cosby (b. 1910)

Theodore Murray *Teddy* Robinson (b. 1890) • occupation: pharmacist
DW – Anjali Patil Robinson (b. 1892)

DD: Ivy Indira Robinson (b. 1912)

#6 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

The Miller Family
Jonathon Henry& Gabrielle James (1850 & 1864)
Holly Evangeline (1898)

Brielle Lily (1880)
Vincent Bentley Duran (1873) occupation: Banker
Emma Lily (1904)
Vincent (vinny) Bentley (1906)
Alexander Jude/ Jonathon Henry (1910)
DS/DS: Thomas Robert/ Maxwell Miller1913)

Joyce (joy) Olivia (1881)
William Nicholas West (1882) occupation: Salesman
Mae Gabriella (1905)
William Edward/ Daniel John/ Peter Adrian(dec) (1907; 1907-1907)
Rachel Margarethe (1910)
DD: Nora Ruth(1912)

Jonathon(Johnny) Henry(1883) occupation: Professor
Annika Sidney (1893)
Callisa Eve (1910)
DS: Jonathon Henry (1911)

Elliot Lewis(1886) occupation: Storekeeper
Sophia Emeline Thatcher (1886)
Sophia (sophie) Emeline (1908)
Elliot (el) Lewis [/b (1910)
DD: Esther Sara (1912)

Sara Eleanor (1886)
Leslie Wyatt Rains (1883) occupation: Conductor
Abigail Jasmine (dec)(1903 -1904)
Mildred (milly) Iris (1908)
Leslie (les) Wyatt (1910)

Daniel James (1890) occupation: pharmacist
Amrita Joshi (1892)
DD: Violet Anjali(1912)

#7 VictoriaRose

VictoriaRose

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Dear Amelia,

Alexander has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Nora and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Ezekiel did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Nora is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Hermia and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Oak Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on pink and white stripes.

Trey recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Head of the Advisory Board he is looking forward to being able to mold young minds through the rewriting of the curriculum.

William’s father-in-law has officially handed his Grocery store to William and his wife, Ruby. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Tessa got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a Surgeon.

Zach, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Ginny is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Phoebus Michael Gregory. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
DW

The Gray Family
Alexander Sebastian II & Helena Douglas Gray (b. 1850 & 1864)
Virginia Scarlett Gray(b. 1898)

Leonora Iris Gray Decker nn. Nora(b. 1880)

DH – Ezekiel Church Decker (b. 1873)
DD – Louisa Iris (b. 1904)
DS - Ezekiel Church nn. Zeke (b. 1906)
DS/DS - Benjamin Phineas nn. Ben/ Sebastian Alexander nn. Bastian (b. 1910)
DS/DS - Robert Henry/Felix Gray (b. 1913)

Hermia Caroline Gray Phoenix (b. 1881)

DH – Daniel Thomas Phoenix (b. 1882)
DD – Evangeline Eleni (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS – Thomas Humphrey / Charles Rupert (still born)/ James Leopold (b. 1907; b. 1907-1907;b.1907)
DD - Constance Marjorie (b. 1910)
DD - Josephine Rebekah (b. 1912)

Alexander Sebastian Gray III (b. 1883)

DW – Anja Martin (b. 1893)
DD - Rosalind Claire (b. 1910)
DS - Alexander Sebastian IV (b. 1911)

William Clarence (b. 1886)

DW – Ruby Marcella Walker (b. 1886)
DD – Ruby Marcella (b. 1908)
DS - William Clarence (b. 1910)
DD - Rachel Catherine (b. 1912)

Theresa Catherine (b. 1886)

DH – Aubrey Hudson Everhart (b. 1883)
DD – Temperance Brooke (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD – Doris River (b. 1908)
DS - Hudson Aubrey (b. 1910)

Zachary Douglas (b. 1890)

DW – Parvati Patil (b. 1892)
DD - Jacinta Kali (b. 1912)

#8 SweetDreamer

SweetDreamer

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Reading<br />Cycling<br />Watching TV<br />Spending time with family and friends<br />Tumblr<br />Twitter<br />Drawing<br />Writing<br />Procrastinating

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Ava:

Dear Lily,

Robert has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Eva and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Hugo id to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Eva is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Helga and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Elm Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on pink and purple stripes.

Robert recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Headmaster he is looking forward to improving the school and helping all the children.

George's father-in-law has officially handed his dairy farmer business to George and his wife, Rachel. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Catherine got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a Doctor.

Charles, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Stella is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Eric Samuel Green. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,

Ava

The Henderson Family

DH & DW: Robert Jasper Henderson & Ava Jude Henderson (b. 1850 & 1864)

DD4: Stella Juliet Henderson (b. 1898)

DD1: Eva Rose Stafford (Henderson) (b. 1880)

DH: Hugo Richmond Stafford (b. 1873) - occupation: businessman

DD: Abbey Rose Stafford (b. 1904)

DS: Hugo Richmond Stafford (b. 1906)

DS/DS: Luke Archibald Stafford/Robert Jasper Stafford (b. 1910)

(Gets called Rob)

DS/DS: Harry James Stafford/Alexander Henderson Stafford (b. 1913)

(Gets called Alex)

DD2: Helga Jean Welsh (Henderson) (b. 1881)

DH: Daniel Victor Welsh (b. 1882) - occupation: accountant

DD: Genevieve Ivy Welsh (b. 1905)

(Prefers to be called Ginny)

DS/DS/DS: Paul Adrian Welsh/Henry Rupert Welsh/David Edward Welsh (died at birth) (b. 1907; b. 1907 - 1907)

DD: Eleanor Maisie Welsh (b. 1910)

(Gets called Elle, Ella or Ellie)

DD: Clara Elizabeth Welsh (b. 1912)

DS1: Robert Jasper Henderson (b. 1883) - occupation: headmaster

DW: Hanna Henderson (Morris) (b. 1893)

DD: Bonnie Anne Henderson (b. 1910)

DS: Robert Jasper Henderson (b. 1911)

DS2: George Eugene Henderson (b. 1886) - occupation: dairy farmer

DW: Rachel Adelaide Henderson (Taylor) (b. 1886)

DD: Rachel Adelaide Henderson (b. 1908)

DS: George Eugene Henderson (b. 1910)

DD: Sarah Catherine Henderson (b. 1912)

DD3: Catherine Alice Henderson (b. 1886)

DH: Robin Owen Shackleford (b. 1883) - occupation: medical student

DD: Grace Willow Shackleford (b. 1903 - 1904)

DD: Joyce Skye Shackleford (b. 1908)

(Gets called Joy)

DS: Robin Owen Shackleford (b. 1910)

DS3: Charles Jude Henderson (b. 1890) - occupation: pharmacist

DW: Gita Henderson (Chaudhri) (b. 1892)

DD: Marigold Aradhana Henderson (b. 1912)

(Gets called Mari)

#9 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Amanda:

Dear Lydia,

Thomas has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Amy and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Walter did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Amy is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Millie and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Elm Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room green while the girls insisted on pink and yellow stripes.

Tom recently earned a promotion. In his new position as superintendent he is looking forward to improving the education of all the children in our district.

Ed's father-in-law has officially handed his store to Ed and his wife, Jane. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Laura got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a successful surgeon.

Drew, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Mary is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named John William Gephart. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Amanda

The Williams Family

DH & DW: Thomas Jasper and Amanda Spencer (b. 1850 & 1864)
DD4: Mary Clarice (b. 1898)

Thomas and Amanda Williams; Mary

DD1: Amy Violet (b. 1880)
DH: Walter Bentley McDowell (b. 1873)

DD: Betsy Violet (b. 1904)
DS: Walter Bentley, II (b. 1906)
DS/DS: Peter Josiah / Jasper Thomas (b. 1910)
DS/DS: Robert Henry / Rex Williams(1913)

Walter and Amy McDowell; Betsy, Walt, Peter, Jasper, Rob and Rex

DD2: Mildred Rose (b. 1881)
DH: Paul Frederick Houston (b. 1882)

DD: – Cora Mandy (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS: – James Edward / John Harold / Joseph Richard (b. 1907)
***•John Harold Houston died at birth.
DD: Caroline Mamie (b. 1910)
DD: Clara Naomi (b. 1912)

Paul and Millie Houston; Cora, James, Joseph, Caroline and Clara

DS1: Thomas Jasper Williams, II (b. 1883)
DW: – Annette Sheldon (b. 1893)

DD: Belinda Anne (b. 1910)
DS: Thomas Jasper, III (b. 1911)

Tom and Annette Williams; Lindy and Tommy

DS2: Edward Lewis Williams (b. 1886)
DW: Jane Abbott (b. 1886)

DD: Jane Abbott (b. 1908)
DS: Edward Lewis, II (b.1910)
DD: Ruth Laurel (1912)

Ed and Jane Williams; Janie, Eddie and Ruthie

DD3: Laura Edith (b. 1886)
DH: Kimberly Forrest Lindquist (b. 1883)

DD: Pearl Magnolia (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD: Gertrude Snow (b. 1908)
DS: Forrest Kim (b. 1910)

Kim and Laura Lindquist; Trudy and Forrest

DS3: Andrew Spencer Williams (b. 1890)
DW: Kaylana Singh (b. 1892)

DD: Daisy Indira (b. 1912)

Drew and Kaylana Williams; Daisy

#10 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Scarlett:

~~~~~~~

Dear Eliza,

Theodore has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Charlotte and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Rick did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Charlotte is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Ethel and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Pine Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on purple and yellow stripes.

Theo recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Head of the Science Department at the University he is looking forward to getting to know his students and professors better.

Henry’s father-in-law has officially handed his dairy farm to Henry and his wife, Josie. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Eleanor got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to be a surgeon.

Nathaniel, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Stella is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Jack Christopher Graham. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Scarlett Mason Gray

~~~~~~~

The Gray Family
DH & DW Theodore Samuel & Scarlett Mason (1850 & 1864)
DD4 Stella Briony "Stellie" (1898)

DD1 Charlotte Daisy Blackwell (1880)
DH: Frederick Maddox "Rick" (1873)
DD: Alice Daisy "Allie" (1904)
DS: Frederick Maddox "Freddie" (1906)
DS/DS: Nathaniel Patrick "Nate" & Theodore Samuel "Theo" (1910)
DS/DS: James Arthur "Jamie" & Maxwell Gray "Max" (1913)

DD2 Ethel Lucy Montgomery "Elle" (1881)
DH: Peter Thomas "Pete" (1882)
DD: Cordelia Scarletta "Delia" (1905)
DS/DS/DS: Peter Thomas "Petey", William John "Will" & angel Charles Edward (1907; 1907-1907)
DD: Joanna Margaretta "Mamie" (1910)
DD: Matilda Delilah "Tillie" (1912)

DS1 Theodore Samuel Gray (1883)
DW: Annella Perry "Nella" (1893)
DD: Calla Maeve (1910)
DS: Theodore Samuel "Sam" (1911)

DS2 Henry Warren Gray "Hank" (1886)
DW: Josephine Adelaide "Josie" (1886)
DD: Josephine Adelaide "Addie" (1908)
DS: Henry Warren "Howie" (1910)
DD: Sarah Molly "Sally" (1912)

DD3 Eleanor Molly March (1886)
DH: Marion Jonah (1883)
DD: Temperance Willow "Tempe" (1903 -1904)
DD: Mildred Lily "Millie" (1908)
DS: Marion Jonah (1910)

DS3 Nathaniel Mason (1890)
DW: Priya Singh (1892)
DD: Primrose Asha (1912)

#11 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Eliza:

Dear Virginia,

Walter has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Liesel and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Crosby did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Liesel is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Joyce and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Magnolia Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on white and yellow stripes.

Ed recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Pastor he is looking forward to taking on a bigger role in the church.

Henry’s father-in-law has officially handed his produce store to Henry and his wife, Diana. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Mary got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a surgeon.

George, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Eve is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Philip Hugh Gibson. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Eliza

The Bennett Family
DH & DW Walter Edward Bennett & Eliza Spencer Bennett  (b. 1850 & 1864)

With their youngest,

DD4 Eve Juliet Bennett (b. 1898)

DD Liesel Heather McDowell {Nee Bennett} (b. 1880)
DH Vincent "Crosby" Crosby McDowell (b. 1873)

DD Cecilia "Cici" Heather McDowell (b. 1904)
DS Vincent "Vince" Crosby McDowell Jr. (b. 1906)
DS/DS Nicolas Jasper McDowell / Edward Walter McDowell (1910)
DS/DS Richard Donald / Maxwell Bennett McDowell (1913)

DD Joyce Katherine Washington {Nee Bennett} (b. 1881)
DH Andrew Lionel Washington (b. 1882)

DD Mae Elisabeth Washington (b. 1905)
DS/DS Thomas Charles Washington / William Arthur Washington (b. 1907)
DS Robert John Washington (b. 1907 - 1907)
DD Claire Margery Washington (1910)
DD June Rebecca Washington (1912)

DS Walter "Ed" Edward Bennett Jr. (b. 1883)
DW Annelie Seymour Bennett (b. 1893)

DD Rosalind "Ros" Maeve Bennett (1910)
DS Walter "Ward" Edward III (1911)

DS Henry Leonard Bennett (b. 1886)
DW Diana Evelyn Bennett {Nee Thatcher}(b. 1886)

DD Diana "Evy" Evelyn Bennett (b. 1908)
DS Henry "Leo" Leonard Bennett Jr. (1910)
DD Mary "Mary-Kate" Katherine (1912)

DD Mary Charlotte Dunning {Nee Bennett} (b. 1886)
DH Robin Joseph Dunning (b. 1883)

DD Prudence "Prue" Lily Dunning (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD Mildred "Millie" Rose Dunning (b. 1908)
DS Robin "Joe" Joseph Dunning Jr. (1910)

DS3 George Spencer Bennett (b. 1890)
DF Amita Kaur Bennett (b. 1892)

DD Primrose "Rose" Arya (1912)

Next stop - 1918!

#12 Acantha

Acantha

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Helena Murray Forbes:

Dear Matilda Mary Collins,

William Jasper has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Ellie and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Humphrey did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Ellie is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Mia and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Willow Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room green while the girls insisted on pink and lavender stripes.

Billy recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Head Minister he is looking forward to leading a larger church.

Freddy's’s father-in-law has officially handed his general store to Freddy and his wife, Sophie. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Lotte got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a general physician.

Phil, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

[b]Natalie
is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named [b]Flynn Thomas Gallagher
. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Helena Murray Forbes

The Forbes Family:

DH: William Jasper
DW: Helena Murray
DD4: Natalie Honora (b. 1898)
Will & Helena Forbes w/ Natalie

DD1: Eleanor Daisy (b. 1880)
DH – Humphrey Faulkner Hardin (b. 1873)
DD – Clara Brooke (b. 1904)
DS - Humphrey Faulkner (b. 1906)
DS/DS- Walter Jeremiah/William Jasper (b.1910)
DD/DS - Arthur Frank/Dexter Forbes (b 1913)
Humphrey & Ellie Hardin w/ Clara, Faulk, Walt, Will, Art & Dex

DD2:Hermia Grace (b. 1881)
DH – Charles Alfred Surrey (b. 1882)
DD – Amity Helen (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS – Henry Jasper/George Rupert/Peter Edward(d) (b. 1907; b. 1907 - 1907)
DD-- Constance Maretta (b. 1910)
DD - Beatrice Naomi (b. 1912)
Charley & Mia Surrey w/ Amity, Henry, Georgie, Connie & Bea

DS1:William Jasper Forbes, II(b. 1883)
DW – Anette Monroe (b. 1893)
DD -- Arabella Joan (b. 1910)
DS - William Jasper II (b. 1911)
Billy & Annie Forbes w/ Bella & Jasper

DS2: Frederic Ernest Forbes(b. 1886)
DW – Sophia Rosalind Parker (b. 1886)
DD – Sophia Rosalind (b. 1908)
DS--Frederic Ernest, Jr (b.1910)
DD - Sarah Charlotte (b. 1912)
Freddie & Sophia Forbes w/ Rosie, Ernie & Sarah

DD3: Charlotte Anne (b. 1886)
DH – Tracy Homer Strauss (2900-2950) (b. 1883)
DD – Verity Brooke (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD – Phyllis Holly (b. 1908)
DS -- Tracy Homer Jr (b. 1910)
Trace & Lotte Strauss w/ Lyssie & Homer

DS3: Phillip Murray Forbes(b. 1890)
DW – Jayanti Kaur (b. 1892)
DD - Lily Anada (b.1912)
Phil & Jay Forbes w/ Lily

#13 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,146 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, playing name games.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Eliza Murray Miller:

Dear Felicity,

Anthony has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Elizabeth “Beth” and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Leopold “Leo” did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Beth is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Joyce “Joy” and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Aspen Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room navy blue while the girls insisted on lilac and mint green stripes.

Anthony “Tony” recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Superintendent of Schools he is looking forward to helping change how schools are run.

Timothy’s father-in-law has officially handed his store to Tim and his wife, Laura. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Caroline “Carrie” got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a well-established doctor.

William “Will”, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Lucia “Lucy” is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Philip Louis Granger. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Eliza

The Miller Family
DH & DW: Anthony Ezekiel & Eliza Murray (b. 1850 & 1864)
DD4: Lucia Isadora Miller “Lucy”

DD1: Elizabeth Rose (Miller) Tanner “Beth” (b. 1880)

DH: Leopold Richmond Tanner “Leo” (b. 1873) occupation: businessman
DD: Emma Rose Tanner “Emma” (b. 1904)
DS: Leopold Richmond Tanner “Rich” (b. 1906)
DS/DS: Nathaniel Simon Tanner “Nate” / Anthony Ezekiel Tanner “Zeke” (1910)
DS/DS: Joseph Henry Tanner “Joey” / Alexander Miller Tanner “Alex” (1913)

DD2: Joyce Susannah (Miller) North “Joy” (b. 1881)

DH: Joseph Arthur North “Joe” (b. 1882) occupation: accountant
DD: Cora Isabel North “Cora” (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS: Daniel Edmund North “Danny”/ Charles Henry North “Charley” / Peter Frederick North (b. 1907; Peter b. 1907 - 1907)
DD: Anna Marjorie North “Anna” (1910)
DD: Ruby Hannah North “Ruby” (1912)

DS1: Anthony Ezekiel Miller “Tony” (b. 1883) occupation: Superintendent of Schools

DW: Hanna (Wendell) Miller “Hanna” (b. 1893)
DD: Arabella Claire Miller “Bella” (1910)
DS: Anthony Ezekiel Miller “AJ” (1911)

DS2: Timothy Rupert Miller “Tim” (b. 1886) occupation: storekeeper

DW: Laura Rebecca (Parker) Miller “Laura” (b. 1886)
DD: Laura Rebecca Miller “Rebecca” (b. 1908)
DS: Timothy Rupert Miller “Rupert” (1910)
[b]DD: Sarah Caroline Miller “Sarah” (1912)

DD3: Caroline Jane (Miller) Cosby “Carrie” (b. 1886)

DH: Leslie Dermot Cosby “LD” (b. 1883) occupation: clerk
DD: Nora Violet Cosby “Nora” (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD: Hermia Skye Cosby “Mia” (b. 1908)
DS: Leslie Dermot Cosby “Dermot” (1910)

DS3: William Murray Miller “Will” (b. 1890) occupation: pharmacist

DW: Indira Singh Miller “Indira” (b. 1892)
DD: Lily Kamala Miller “Lily” (1912)

Next stop - 1918!

#14 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Georgia Howard:

Dear Evelyn,

Walter has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Georgiana and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Orson did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Georgiana is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Beulah and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Elm Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on purple and pink stripes.

Walter Jr. recently earned a promotion. In his new position as school superintendent he is looking forward to it.

Elliot's father-in-law has officially handed his grocery store to Elliot and his wife, Annalie. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Priscilla got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a surgeon.

Samuel, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Stella is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named John Matthew Griffin. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Georgia Howard

The Howard Family
Walter Emmanuel & Georgia Flynn Howard (1850 & 1864)
Stella Evangeline (1898)

Georgiana Iris Wilkinson (1880)
DH: Orson Crosby Wilkinson (1873) occupation: businessman
DD: Clara Iris Wilkinson (b. 1904)
DS: Orson Crosby Wilkinson Jr (b. 1906)
DS/DS: Theodore Isaac Wilkinson "Theo" & Walter Emmanuel "Wally" (1910)
DS/DS: Edward Charles Wilkinson "Eddy" & Maxwell Howard Wilkinson "Max" (1913)

Beulah Grace Washington (b. 1881)
DH: Andrew Thomas Washington (b. 1882) occupation: accountant
DD: Emmeline Georgina Washington (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS: Henry Thomas Washington, William Jasper Washington, & Robert Arthur Washington (b. 1907; b. 1907 - 1907)
DD: Eleanor Marjorie Washington (1910)
DD: Eliza Naomi Washington (1912)

Walter Emmanuel Howard Jr (b. 1883) occupation: school principal
DW: Annalie Monroe Howard (b. 1893)
DD: Callista Jade Howard "Callie" (1910)
DS: Walter Emmanuel Howard III (1911)

Elliot Graham Howard (b. 1886) occupation: grocer
DW: Rachel Elodie Harper Howard (b. 1886)
DD: Rachel Elodie Howard (b. 1908)
DS: Elliot Graham Howard Jr. (1910)
DD: Elizabeth Priscilla Howard "Libby" (1912)

Priscilla Claire Sommers (b. 1886)
DH: Aubrey Wyatt Sommers (b. 1883) occupation: conductor
DD: Allegra Sage Sommers (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD :Mildred Ivy Sommers "Millie" (b. 1908)
DS: Aubrey Wyatt Sommers Jr. (1910)

Samuel Flynn Howard (1890) occupation: pharmacist’s assistant
DW: Kalyana Patril Howard (1892)
DD: Magnolia Rani Howard "Maggie" (1912)

Next stop - 1918!

#15 Alexx

Alexx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Dear Emma,

Adam has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Charlotte and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Calvin did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Charlotte is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Maria and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Oak Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room Navy Blue while the girls insisted on Purple and Blue pastel stripes.

Joey recently earned a promotion. In his position as a higher rank minister (?) he is looking forward to holding baptisms .

Elliot’s father-in-law has officially handed his Grocery store to Elliot and his wife, Cordelia. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Emily got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a surgeon.

Henry, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Holly is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Arthur William Garrett. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Scarlett

The Parker Family
Adam Jonah Parker & Scarlett Eden Parker (b. 1850 & 1864)
Holly Evangeline Parker (b. 1898)

Charlotte Ivy (b. 1880)
DH: Calvin Maddox Bullock (b. 1873)

DD: Sarah Ivy Bullock "Sally" (b. 1904)
DS: Calvin Maddox Bullock Jr. "Maddox" (b. 1906)
DS/DS: Jacob Spencer and Jonah Parker (b. 1910)
DS/DS: Thomas Henry and William Parker (b. 1913)

Joyce Maria West "Maria" (b. 1881)
DH – Thomas Richard West (b. 1882)

DD: Celia Charlotte West (b. 1905)
DS/DS/DS: James Arthur West, Peter Adrian West, Daniel Alfred West (b. 1907; Daniel Alfred West b. 1907 - 1907)
DD: Rachel Maggie West (b. 1910)
DD: Phoebe Abigail West (b. 1912)

Adam Jonah Parker Jr. "Joey" (b. 1883)

DW: Anna Monroe (b. 1893)
DD: Alana Claire Parker (b. 1910)
DS: Adam Jonah Parker III "AJ" (b. 1911)

Elliot Warren Parker (b. 1886)

DW: Cordelia Madeleine Webster (b. 1886)
DD: Cordelia Madeleine Parker "Maddy" (b. 1908)
DS: Elliot Warren Parker Jr. "Warren" (b. 1910)
DD: Hannah Emily Parker (b. 1912)

Emily Rachel Beckam (b. 1886)
DH: Robin Joseph Beckham "Joseph" (b. 1883)

DD: Claire Hazel Beckham (b. 1903 - 1904)
DD: Edna Lily Beckham “Lily” (b. 1908)
DS: Robert Joseph Beckham "Robby" (b. 1910)

Henry Mason Parker (b. 1890)

DW: Kali Parker (b. 1892)
DD: Daisy Lila Parker (b. 1912)

#16 AmyB

AmyB

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Helena:

Dear Amelia,

Leo has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Eleanor and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Humphrey did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Eleanor is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Hilly and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Redwood Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room navy blue while the girls insisted on purple and white stripes.

Leo recently earned a promotion. In his new position as head professor he is looking forward to teaching Biology in his own way.

Eamon’s father-in-law has officially handed his dairy business/store to Eamon and his wife, Diana. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Molly got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a orthopedic surgeon.

Theodore, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Ginny is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named John Vincent Gray. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

I cannot wait to see you in the future.

Love,
Helena

The Carter Family
Leo & Helena (1850 & 1864)
~Virginia Daisy (1898)

---

Eleanor Ivy (1880)

Humphrey Sanford Preston (1873) occupation: businessman
~Arabella Ivy (1904)
~Humphrey Sanford (1906)
~Arthur Sebastian // Leonard Archibald (1910)

~Thomas Henry // Maxwell Carter (1913)

---

Hildegarde Sophia (1881)

Peter Nicholas London (1882) occupation: accountant
~Matilda Helen (1905)
~Charles Augustus // James Adrian (1907); William Frederick (1907-1907)
~Beatrice Marjorie (1910)

~Lillian Eve (1912)

---

Leo Archibald (1883) occupation: professor

Hanna Wallace (1893)
~Callista Maeve (1910)

~Leo Archibald (1911)

---

Eamon Stuart (1886) occupation: dairy farmer

Diana Harriett Gardener (1886)

~Diana Harriett (1908)
~Eamon Stuart (1910)

~Tabitha Molly (1912)

---

Molly Priscilla (1886)

Aubrey Owen Dunning (1883) occupation: clerk
~Danielle Fleur (1903 -1904)
~Mildred Rose (1908)
~Owen Aubrey (1910)

---

Theodore Spencer (1890) occupation: pharmacist’s assistant

Amita Patil (1892)

~Delphine Jaya (1912)

#17 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

December 13, 1913

It’s just about time to ring in 1914, but you’re not really in the festive spirit for parties or even a small dinner with friends. You’ve traveled the globe, eaten so many strange-looking foods, slept in tents and huts and out under the stars. None of that stopped you from doing what you liked. And now that you’re back in the States? You, the mighty explorer, have been felled… by a common cold.

In a vain attempt at being productive you've decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend,Delilah:

Dear Clarissa,

Michael has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Delila and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Calvin did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Delila is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Mehitable and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Aspen Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room blue while the girls insisted on pink and yellow stripes.

Michael recently earned a promotion. In his new position as a Senior Professor he is looking forward to a bigger pay.

Patrick’s father-in-law has officially handed his store to Patrick and his wife, Amala. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Priscilla got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to become a pediatrician.

Samuel, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Arabella is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Jack Alexander Gorson. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Delilah

The King Family
DH: Michael Oliver & DW: Delilah Juliet
(1850 & 1864)
DD4: Eve Arabella (1898)

DD1 Delila Rose Parrish (nee King) (1880)

DH: Calvin Maddox Parrish (1873) occupation: lawyer
DD: Louisa Rose Parrish (1904)
DS: Calvin Maddox Parrish (1906)
DS/DS: Benjamin Tobias Parrish & Theodore Michael Parrish (1910)

DS/DS: James Paul Parrish & Dexter King Parrish (1913)

DD2 Mehitable Jane England (nee King) (1881)

DH: Henry Jasper England (1882) occupation: entrepreneur
DD: Cecily Delyla England (1905)

DS/DS/DS: James Nicholas England, Henry Jasper England & Paul Thomas England (1907; 1907-1907)

DD: Rachel Marge England (1910)

DD: Florence Lydia England (1912)

DS1 Michael Oliver King (1883) occupation: professor

DW: Annalie Monroe King (1893)
DD: Arabella Claire King (1910)

DS: Michael Oliver King (1911)

DS2 Patrick Solomon King (1886) occupation: storekeeper

DW: Cordelia Rosalind King (nee Sailor) (1886)

DD: Cordelia Rosalind King (1908)

DS: Patrick Solomon King (1910)

DD: Noa Priscilla King (1912)

DD3 Priscilla Sara Everhart (nee King (1886)

DH: Aubrey Theo Everhart (1883) occupation: bricklayer

DD: Constance Olive Everhart (1903 -1904)

DD: Irma Violet Everhart (1908)

DS: Aubrey Theo Everhart (1910)

DS3 Samuel Neil King (1890) occupation: pharmacist’s assistant

DW: Amala Jain King (1892)

DD: Lily Abha King (1912)

#18 MeganMoxie

MeganMoxie

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Education (I'm a teacher). Being online, reading and tv. I love to shop, but I can't afford it anymore lol.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

December 13, 1913

In a vain attempt at being productive you’ve decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year’s greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn’t take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Natalia.

Dear Lena,

Arthur has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn’t what it used to be and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him… though I’m not quite sure what he’s going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Natalie and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Casper did to celebrate the boys’ birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Natalie is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Shirley and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Pine Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room purple while the girls insisted on green and brown stripes.

Arthur Jr. recently earned a promotion. In his new position as superintendent, he is looking forward to the extra money.

Louis Walt’s father-in-law has officially handed his store to Louis and his wife, Lucilla. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Amelia got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He’s hoping to be a surgeon.

Alexander, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at university. He’s now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Mary is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little… heedless. She’s still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he’s a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil – a senior university student named Eric William Garfield. Her father and I are a little worried that she’s infatuated with him. He’s far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that’s probably why they get along so well.

…sic part of letter…

Love,
Natalia

The Beck Family
DH & DW: Arthur Zachary & Natalia Timothy (1850 & 1864)
DD4: Mary Viviette (1898)

DD1: Natalie Rose (1880)
DH: Casper Tillman Bullock (1873) occupation: businessman
DD: Lillian Rose (1904)
DS: Casper Tillman (1906)
DS/DS: Nicholas Isaac / Arthur Zachary(1910)
DS/DS: John William / Hendrix Beck (His mother's maiden name)(1913)

DD2 Shirley Louisa (1881)
DH: George Leopold (1882) occupation: entrepreneur
DD: Cordelia Talie (1905)
DS/DS/DS: William Edgar / James Edmund / George Frederick (passed) (1907; 1907-1907)
DD: Anna Marjery(1910)
DD: June Mary (1912)

DS1 Arthur Zachary (1883) occupation: superintendent
DW: Ana Stanley (1893)
DD: Rosalind Joan (1910)
DS: Arthur Zachary (1911)

DS2 Louis Walt (1886) occupation: store owner
DW: Lucilla Rosalind (1886)
DD: Lucilla Rosalind (1908)
DS: Louis Walt (1910)
DD: Elizabeth Amelia (1912)

DD3: Amelia Marie (1886)
DH: Tracy Jonah Purnell (1883) occupation: student
DD: Julia Jessamyn (1903 -1904)
DD: Griselda Willow (1908)
DS: Tracy Jonah (1910)

DS3 Alexander Timothy (1890) occupation: pharmacist
DW: Gita Bandyopadhyay (1892)
DD: Clover Malati (1912)

Next stop - 1918!

#19 astrothief42

astrothief42

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names, DIY, Grand Theft Auto, Harry Potter, Hawaii Five-0, Kingdom Hearts, Music, The Sims, Writing

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

December 13, 1913

It's just about time to ring in 1914, but you're not really in the festive spirit for parties or even a small dinner with friends. You've travelled the globe, eaten so many strange-looking foods, slept in tents and huts and out under the stars. None of that stopped you from doing what you liked. And now that you're back in the States? You, the might explorer, have been felled...by a common cold.

In a vain attempt at being productive, you've decided to organize all of your Christmas cards and New Year's greetings. However, your dedication to the task is waning and it doesn't take much for you to get engrossed in a Christmas letter from your dear friend, Eliza:

Dear Mary,

I hope this letter finds you well and resting at home, though in this season of joy (and colds!) I expect you are in bed with a hot water bottle -- just like you always used to be when we were girls! I must...

...And now I must tell you all about the family --

Martin has finally agreed to retire! The whole family is so pleased. His health isn't what it used to be, and the doctor says it would be good for him to rest for a while. I'm looking forward to spending more time with him...though I'm not quite sure what he's going to do with himself now that he has time on his hands!

Elizabeth and her husband welcomed yet another set of twins to their brood this past September. I have no clue how she gets anything done with six under ten running about. And do you know what Rupert did to celebrate the boys' birth? He bought one of those noisy automobiles! Why, Elizabeth is nearly as distrustful of those machines as I am!

Shirley and her family have moved into a new apartment at 35 West Oak Street, apartment 5B. The boys have painted their room black, while the girls insisted on purple and yellow stripes.

Martin Jr. recently earned a promotion. In his new position as Superintendent, he is looking forward to cutting schools back an hour early.

Edmund's father-in-law has officially handed his Grocery store to Edmund and his wife, Nancy. The two of them enjoy running it day to day.

Alice got a job (part-time) at the local library. Ever since her husband quit his job and entered medical school, even a little bit extra income has helped them get by. He's hoping to do General Practitioning.

Nicholas, on the other hand, has just exited his pharmacy course at University. He's now a full-fledged pharmacist with a wonderful wife, a beautiful daughter, and a bright future.

Eve is still as exuberant as you remember, even at 15. I love her spunk, but some of the things she does are a little...heedless. She's still in correspondence with that young tutor and I know he's a positive influence on her. However, she has also begun a correspondence with his young pupil -- a senior University student named John Frederick Goodman. Her father and I are a little worried that she's infatuated with him. He's far too impulsive to be a role model. But, then again, that's probably why they get along so well.

...sic part of letter...

Love,
Eliza

The Cook Family
Martin Arthur & Eliza Owen (1850 & 1864)
Eve Clarissa (1898)

Elizabeth Rose (1880)
DH: Rupert Faulkner Blackwell (1873) -Lawyer
DD: Charlotte Rose (1904)
DS: Rupert Faulkner, Jr. (1906)
DS/DS: Samuel Isaac/Martin Arthur (1910)
DS/DS: Joseph Donald/Maximillian Cook (1913)

Shirley Faith (1881)
DH: Peter William Irish (1882) -Entrepeneur
DD: Mirabel Bethany (1905)
DS/DS/DS: Charles Geoffrey/Henry Philip/Albert Lionel (1907; 1907-1907)
DD: Joanna Margeretta (1910)
DD: Adelaide Abigail (1912)

Martin Arthur, Jr. (1883) -Superintendent
DW: Anette Sinclair (1893)
DD: Rosalind Claire (1910)
DS: Martin Arthur, Jr. (1911)

Edmund Clarence (1886) -Grocer
DW: Nancy Caroline Abbott (1886)
DD: Nancy Caroline (1908)
DS: Edmund Clarence, Jr. (1910)
DD: Judith Alicia (1912)

Alice Jane (1886)