• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

NEEDED: Honest opinions about the name Scout Amelie. (Both individually and as a combo). 

Is Scout too 'masculine'? I know it's originally a nickname for Scarlett, but I don't really care for the name Scarlett. And to be honest, I don't think Scout is a very intuitive nickname for Scarlett. 

Anyway, is Scout too masculine (Boy Scouts)/nicknamey to stand on its on for a girl? I appreciate your honesty! 

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

I like the flow of Scout Amelie, but I must say that I think Scout is too masculine and out-there for a girl, even though the To Kill a Mockingbird reference familiarizes it. And I agree; I think Scarlett with the nickname Scout is a bit of a stretch. I can't think of any other names that could offer Scout as a middle name... But maybe you could use it as a kind of pet name? Like how in To Kill a Mockingbird Scout's real name is Jean Louise, totally different from her nickname?

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

I actually like it. Always loved Amelie and Scout adds that little bit of spunky fun to it. Quirky but elegant.

(A definite combo I can see a celeb using!)

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

I think Scout Amelie is lovely! It flows really well and I think the two names balance each other out. I don't think Scout is too masculine because, while it's a masculine sounding word/has masculine associations, there aren't exactly a slew of little boys running around named Scout. In fact, there are more females likely to be associated with the name than males. (Honestly, I don't even think people perceiving it as masculine should stop you anyway if it's a name you love!)

#5 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

I really dislike Scout, to be honest. I do think it is both too nickname-y and a bit masculine for a girl name, but I wouldn't particularly like it on a boy either because it doesn't seem like a name I can picture on an adult, let alone a child. Sorry. I do think Amelie is pretty, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users