Photo

How do you go about naming your other kids?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

I was thinking about that we're expecting baby#2 and how do we name the next one?
Our daughter's name is Amerie Lynette and it's not on the top 1,000 it's deff a name but it's unique without it being out there.
So, could we do a popular name like Lily? Or would that mess it up? Do we have to go with another unique name?
Would it be corny to have a "theme" with all our kids names? What have other parents done with baby#2 & future children?
I just want to know other people's takes on naming sibsets and stuff.

#2 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

Lily would be really cute for your next baby and it can be a popular name this time if you want it to be. Themes i think are very cute.

Thanks! I love Lily and always come back to it but I would feel bad if my first daughter no one in her class will have her name. & then the next daughter there will be 12 Lily's & she would have to go by the last letter of her name Lily S. or Lily Smith(our last name lol) But I do love the name:wacko: lol this is hard for me tho because there are so many other beautiful names out there too..oh well I got 9 months!

#3 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

Lily is way too common for my taste. It is too trendy right now and it is a nickname. I wouldn't use it. Themes are definitely corny. Just pick a name that works and go with it! Don't say well I need a A name to match my kids..it just narrows down your choices. Really their all different people and should all be given the privileges of not being a "follower" to the oldest that started the trend.

#4 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Lily is way too common for my taste. It is too trendy right now and it is a nickname. I wouldn't use it. Themes are definitely corny. Just pick a name that works and go with it! Don't say well I need a A name to match my kids..it just narrows down your choices. Really their all different people and should all be given the privileges of not being a "follower" to the oldest that started the trend.

I totally agree! ya, we're deff not using another A name lol even tho I do love a lot but I do think it limits names down & I deff don't like that! Ya, I've always love Lily but prolly never use it due to the popularity of the name and there are so many beautiful under used names out there. Congrads your wife is due with a baby too? When is she due? Are you finding out the sex?

#5 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

I would like to have sort of a theme if I have children some day. Not a cheesy or obvious one -like all the names starting with the same letter, or using names like Summer, Winter and Autumn- but a subtle, meaningful theme. For instance, I've thought about using literary names for the girls and biblical names for the boys + a name that's honouring (in either order) However, that's just me.

Overall, I think it's neat when children have names that are the same style. I prefer a sibset with the names: Henry, Charlotte and Margaret or Logan, Ava and Madeleine rather than Henry, Logan and Margaret.

But at the end, the most important thing is that you choose names you love and that are meaningful to you. Choosing a name just because it fits a certain pattern is pointless.

With reference to Lily, I really like the name. I think there are some names that can fall both in the category of popular and classic. Lily is one of those names. However, I prefer it as a nn for Lillian. There might be tons of Lily's in your daughter's class but nly a few, or no Lillian's; plus, Amerie and Lillian go really nice together.

ETA:

Andrew and Janessa!
And Baby Boy or Baby Girl

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I'm also thrilled because I know this baby will have the perfect name! (as do all the other BNG members' babys born recently/about to be born :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users