• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have a few questions I'd really like some help on! Feel free to answer whichever one/ones you'd like! Any help is appreciated! :(

1. So me and Mike agreed we love the name Ryan, he thinks its a really cool name, I love that it honors my best friend [and Mike's close friend]! So the original plan was for it to be a middle name. But I'm starting to really love it as a first name. It is pretty popular, but its got so much meaning to me... Do you think it'd be confusing? Because her real name is Celina, we just call her Rye after that book Poppy and Rye [one of her childhood favorites]. Sometimes we call her Ryo, which I also think sounds adorable. I'd love to name my kiddo Ryan and call him Ryo as a nick name!! But do you think thats pushing it? I mean, I don't really call her Ryo very much, no one does. Normally its just Rye. Or Celina depending on where we are. And she'd probably be Aunt Rye or something. Though, we joke she'll be crazy Uncle Rye :') lol! So what do you think? Would that be a bit much? Too confusing?

2. Middle names for Tanner? I kind of like Tanner Colin, and I am liking Tanner Benjamin. But I'm not sure its... perfect. I want to love Tanner Henry, but I know the flow isn't perfect. I just love how both the names seem to... suit each other, stylewise. Henry Tanner would go better... but I know Mike doesn't like Henry much. So I am considering keeping Tanner Henry if I can't find any better names. Any idea's?

3. I am unsure on Robert. Mike says he loves the name, nick name Robbie. And at first I was thinking absolutely not, because I know a couple people who are just a really bad association to the name. But I've also got my step-grandfather on my dads side... and I love him dearly. His name is Robert, or Bob. I'm thinking maybe as a middle name? Because I don't know as a first name... I dislike Robbie and Bobby, and just Bob sounds a tad... oldish, I suppose? Though, another idea is using his last name, which is french for Gregory. So maybe adding Gregory to my list? I almost like Robert more, because Mike likes it. But I know Gregory would honor more people. My uncle and aunt and cousins and all. Though that would also be a middle name... any opinions of suggestions? <3

I think this is all I've got for the moment! I'm currently searching for new boys names, so I'm always up for suggestions :( I just added Gavin Emery on my list. And I have officially declined Jonah from my list. I want to like it so bad, but not only just the strong biblical association, but I also watched A Haunting In Conneticut which scarred me for life, and there was a little boy named Jonah that horrible things happened too :S

Thanks so much!!

#2 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Ryan
I don't like Ryan as a first name for a girl, though I do agree that it's a nice tribute. I think it would be confusing if you call your best friend Ryan. I think it would be a lovely middle name, though!
Celeste Ryan
Evangeline Ryan
Penelope Ryan
Isabella Ryan
Thalia Ryan
Winona Ryan
Victoria Ryan
Lenore Ryan
Roxanne Ryan
India Ryan
Bridget Ryan
Aria Ryan
Freya Ryan
Jessica Ryan

Tanner
I really like Tanner Benjamin. Other suggestions:
Tanner Corey
Tanner Quinn
Tanner Marcus
Tanner Julian
Tanner Maxwell
Tanner Wade
Tanner Preston

Robert
As you know, I'm using Robert as a first name. But I also think it's a very handsome middle! Gregory is nice too, but I like Robert the most.
Logan Robert
Cade Robert
Landon Robert
Ronald Robert
Boone Robert
Shane Robert

I really like Gavin, and Emery is cute!

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I could see using Ryan in the first/middle name spot to honor your friend. I'm sure if you tell her you are using Ryan in honor of her then she will get it.

I'm with you on using Robert as a middle. I'm not a huge fan of it in the first name spot but I'm all for honoring people in the middle name spot.

As for Tanner...I agree that Tanner Henry doesn't really go. I like Tanner Benjamin and Raven's suggestion of Tanner Maxwell.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Ryan
I don't like Ryan as a first name for a girl, though I do agree that it's a nice tribute. I think it would be confusing if you call your best friend Ryan. I think it would be a lovely middle name, though!
Celeste Ryan
Evangeline Ryan
Penelope Ryan
Isabella Ryan
Thalia Ryan
Winona Ryan
Victoria Ryan
Lenore Ryan
Roxanne Ryan
India Ryan
Bridget Ryan
Aria Ryan
Freya Ryan
Jessica Ryan

Tanner
I really like Tanner Benjamin. Other suggestions:
Tanner Corey
Tanner Quinn
Tanner Marcus
Tanner Julian
Tanner Maxwell
Tanner Wade
Tanner Preston

Robert
As you know, I'm using Robert as a first name. But I also think it's a very handsome middle! Gregory is nice too, but I like Robert the most.
Logan Robert
Cade Robert
Landon Robert
Ronald Robert
Boone Robert
Shane Robert

I really like Gavin, and Emery is cute!

I'll admit I somewhat like Ryan on a girl, but I was looking for on a boy. Sorry I didnt specify!!!! :( Im not sure if I'd just switch the combo i have around, Ryan Anthony Chase? Or even make an entirely new combination. Some of your suggestions are really lovely though!!! :( But I agree on favoring it on a boy! <3

I like Tanner Maxwell, Cade Robert, Shane Robert, Logan Robert. And thanks!!! Im loving Gavin and Emery lately<333

I could see using Ryan in the first/middle name spot to honor your friend. I'm sure
if you tell her you are using Ryan in honor of her then she will get it.

I'm with you on using Robert as a middle. I'm not a huge fan of it in the first name spot but I'm all for honoring people in the middle name spot.

As for Tanner...I agree that Tanner Henry doesn't really go. I like Tanner Benjamin and Raven's suggestion of Tanner Maxwell.

I think she'll get it... But I just dont want a confusion like everytime i call out for one they both come sort of dilemma :/

Thanks for the opinions Raven and Katie!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users