• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

It's for a story.  Kalila (Ka-lee-la) is 9 years old and is the middle child.  She has 4 older siblings and 4 younger ones.  They are a blended family: Her mom has two boys from a previous marriage, then married a guy who had boy and a girl.   Together, they had Kalila and her 4 youngest siblings, 2 girls and 2 boys.   I'm looking for name suggestions for the kids.  Kalila's middle name is Elizabeth.  Their last name is Knowlton.  

I'd like all the younger siblings to have unusual first names like Kalila does (without being too out there), but I'm more flexible with the older ones' names and all the middle names.

#2 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

It's for a story.  Kalila (Ka-lee-la) is 9 years old and is the middle child.  She has 4 older siblings and 4 younger ones.  They are a blended family: Her mom has two boys from a previous marriage, then married a guy who had boy and a girl.   Together, they had Kalila and her 4 youngest siblings, 2 girls and 2 boys.   I'm looking for name suggestions for the kids.  Kalila's middle name is Elizabeth.  Their last name is Knowlton.  

I'd like all the younger siblings to have unusual first names like Kalila does (without being too out there), but I'm more flexible with the older ones' names and all the middle names.

Female names:

Nakova nn Kova

Maelie

Zalika

Safina

Tanisha

Nayla

Izara

Aleeya

Male names:

Zion

Akoni

Garrin

Xarter

Caelen

Kieran

Kerrian

Kaysan

Tybalt

#3 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Female names:

Nakova nn Kova

Maelie

Zalika

Safina

Tanisha

Nayla

Izara

Aleeya

Male names:

Zion

Akoni

Garrin

Xarter

Caelen

Kieran

Kerrian

Kaysan

Tybalt

I like Kieran.  :)

#4 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

I've finally decided on Kalila's middle names and named one of her half-brothers, but I'm still unsure of the rest.

Parents:
Adam Joshua Knowlton (41)
Kari Anne Thomas-Knowlton (41)

Kari's sons:
Boy (15)
Boy (12)

She has a flexible naming style, but she tended to lean towards nature-y or trendier 90's sounding FN's at the times her sons were born (the story will take place in the mid-2000's so the boys were born in the early 90's) and classic middle names.

Adam's children:
Jasper James (13)
Girl (11)

He'd like his daughter's name to fit well with Jasper's.

Couple's children:
Kalila Margaret Elizabeth (9)
Boy (7)
Girl (6)
Boy (4)
Girl (1)

Like I said, the younger children have unusual FN's (that still sound sophisticated) and I would like them to have two classic MN's.

Also, what would you name their town?  I'd prefer something either Christmas or nature themed, though it's not a requirement.  

#5 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Kari's sons:
Boy (15) - Clayton "Clay" William Thomas
Boy (12) - Hunter Matthew Thomas

Adam's children:
Boy (13) Jasper James Knowlton
Girl (11) Daisy Isabella Knowlton

Couple's children:
Girl (9) Kalila Margaret Elizabeth Knowlton
Boy (7) Qasim Alexander Forest Knowlton
Girl (6) Sabra Lillian Annabel Knowlton
Boy (4) Zev Elijah Atticus Knowlton
Girl (1) Amira Charlotte Penelope Knowlton

TOWN:
Noelleville
Kringle Cove
Jingleton
Pine Hills
Riversedge
Prairieview

#6 taylor4

taylor4

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

What do you think about the names: Halia, Nalani, Anora, Elia, Giselle, Cleo, Lisette, Mariella, Triona, Verona, Xenia, Xiomara.

#7 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

What do you think about the names: Halia, Nalani, Anora, Elia, Giselle, Cleo, Lisette, Mariella, Triona, Verona, Xenia, Xiomara.

I like Giselle, Mariella, Xenia, and Xiomara.  Nalani is okay.

#8 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

Kari's sons:
Boy (15) - Clayton "Clay" William Thomas
Boy (12) - Hunter Matthew Thomas

Adam's children:
Boy (13) Jasper James Knowlton
Girl (11) Daisy Isabella Knowlton

Couple's children:
Girl (9) Kalila Margaret Elizabeth Knowlton
Boy (7) Qasim Alexander Forest Knowlton
Girl (6) Sabra Lillian Annabel Knowlton
Boy (4) Zev Elijah Atticus Knowlton
Girl (1) Amira Charlotte Penelope Knowlton

TOWN:
Noelleville
Kringle Cove
Jingleton
Pine Hills
Riversedge
Prairieview

I like Clayton William, Zev Elijah Atticus, and Amira.   I also like the middle names Alexander, Matthew, Lillian, and Annabel.   

I love the town names.  Pretty cool, especially Jingleton and Kringle Cove.  I'm not sure which state I'll set the story in, maybe this could just be anywhere (like the Simpsons' town of Springfield.  lol).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users