4. Rosemary Adele
5. Fiona Beatrix

1. Dexter Benjamin
2. Malcolm Arthur
3. Simon Jethro
4. Garrett Harvey

5. Warren Clark

Answer any question you feel like, or just offer some suggestions. :wub:

Q1: I feel a bit like Benjamin doesn't fit well with my boy middle name list. Benjamin is the most popular on my list, and I think it works well but I don't know... Can you guys think of any better options? I previously considered Cassidy, (Dexter Cassidy), but I think it has been taken over too much by girls. :blush:

Q2: Warren or Wade, and Why?

Q3: Garrett Clark or Warren Clark? Also, are same-letter initials a total no-go? I love Warren and Wade as first names (Wesley too), but right now they'd have the initials WW.

Q4: I'm seriously <3ing on Winona right now, and ignoring Q3, which girl name of mine would you replace with Winona (nn Nona), and including the middles I already have (Winona Lenore, Winona Bridget, etc) and:

Winona Helene
Winona Iris
Winona Margo
Winona June

Which middle would you pick?

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

I love your list! :)

Q1: I personally think Benjamin fits well with your list, but here are some other ideas if you're not sure:

Dexter Grant
Dexter Graham
Dexter Byron
Dexter Noah
Dexter Lincoln
Dexter Forrest
Dexter Owen
Dexter Allen
Dexter Whitley
Dexter Neil
Dexter Miles
Dexter Wilson
Dexter Vaughn
Dexter Marshall
Dexter Ethan
Dexter Clinton

Q2: I prefer Warren. Wade makes me think of a wading pool or something. For some reason, I picture Warren as a very strong and masculine name, but Wade sounds less strong.

Q3: I prefer Warren Clark. As for double initial names, I think that in certain cases, they work well. Typically, I'm not a fan of them, though. I think it just depends on the combination.

Q4: Sorry, I'm not sure I completely understand this question. From the combos you listed, though, I like Winona Helene. Nona is a really cute nickname, by the way!
  • Mishada likes this

#3 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I love your list! :) THANK YOU!

Q1: I personally think Benjamin fits well with your list, but here are some other ideas if you're not sure:

Dexter Allen - I really like this as it's my bf's dad's middle (Mark Allen). My main concern with it is that I'm not willing to change Malcolm Arthur which means both of my favorite boy names will have A's in the middle. Not too weird, but I really would like to avoid a naming pattern.
Dexter Vaughn - Never thought of Vaughn. It really has a nice ring with Dexter. I think though, in the midde it sounds like one of those 2-word names that start with "von" like von Trapp.
Dexter Marshall - I LOVE Marshall. Unfortunately, Dexter and Marshall are both occupational surnames and I find that a bit weird together? Like Hunter Marshall or Mason Spencer.

Q2: I prefer Warren. Wade makes me think of a wading pool or something. For some reason, I picture Warren as a very strong and masculine name, but Wade sounds less strong. - I think I agree with you, Wade makes me think of a calm pool whereas Warren has that "war" right there. I think what pushes me toward Wade is how different the ending is from the other names I like. There are soo many boy names that are 2-syllable end in 'n' names.

Q3: I prefer Warren Clark. As for double initial names, I think that in certain cases, they work well. Typically, I'm not a fan of them, though. I think it just depends on the combination. - Yeah... it really does depend. My brother took a girl to prom who had the initials EEE, and while that seemed a but much, it really isn't that important if the inividual names are ok together.

Q4: Sorry, I'm not sure I completely understand this question. From the combos you listed, though, I like Winona Helene. Nona is a really cute nickname, by the way!
- Thanks, I just mean't that if you had to pick a name to take out of my list (Veronica, Rosemary, Cordelia, Gwen, Fiona) and replace it with Winona (like Veroinca Rosemary, Winona, Gwen, Fiona). I like Winona Helene a lot. I like Helena better but it obviously won't work with Winona. I think my current favorite for Winona is Winona Daphne.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

1. Veronica Lenore
2. Gwen Susannah
3. Cordelia Bridget
4. Rosemary Adele
5. Fiona Beatrix

1. Dexter Benjamin
2. Malcolm Arthur
3. Simon Jethro
4. Garrett Harvey

5. Warren Clark

Answer any question you feel like, or just offer some suggestions. :wub:

Q1: I feel a bit like Benjamin doesn't fit well with my boy middle name list. Benjamin is the most popular on my list, and I think it works well but I don't know... Can you guys think of any better options? I previously considered Cassidy, (Dexter Cassidy), but I think it has been taken over too much by girls. I really like Dexter Cassidy, I think I said as much last time. That being said I don't think Dexter Benjamin stands out too much from your other names. Considering it is a middle name, I don't think popularity matters too much. If you look at my list in my signature, I have Christopher in the middle name spot. While it is a very common name, I love the rhythm/sound of the name but dislike its popularity, which is why I've regulated it to the middle name spot.

Q2: Warren or Wade, and Why? I would say Wade. Just personally preference.

Q3: Garrett Clark or Warren Clark? Also, are same-letter initials a total no-go? I love Warren and Wade as first names (Wesley too), but right now they'd have the initials WW. It depends on how they sound with your last name. Stephen Shepard sounds a whole lot better than Sean Shepard because of the actual sound the S makes. If the W's make similar sounds then it might not be a good idea. As for your question. I prefer Warren Clark over Garrett Clark, since both Garrett and Clark have harsh t/k endings that somewhat clash.

Q4: I'm seriously <3ing on Winona right now, and ignoring Q3, which girl name of mine would you replace with Winona (nn Nona), and including the middles I already have (Winona Lenore, Winona Bridget, etc) and: Considering Fiona & Winona have similar -ona endings. I'd replace Fiona with Winona. I really like Winona Iris & Winona Bridget.

#5 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks Katie!

Q1: I feel a bit like Benjamin doesn't fit well with my boy middle name list. Benjamin is the most popular on my list, and I think it works well but I don't know... Can you guys think of any better options? I previously considered Cassidy, (Dexter Cassidy), but I think it has been taken over too much by girls. I really like Dexter Cassidy, I think I said as much last time. That being said I don't think Dexter Benjamin stands out too much from your other names. Considering it is a middle name, I don't think popularity matters too much. If you look at my list in my signature, I have Christopher in the middle name spot. While it is a very common name, I love the rhythm/sound of the name but dislike its popularity, which is why I've regulated it to the middle name spot. - You make a good point. Some people don't even use middle names, do they really matter that much? I suppose I place undue emphasis on them because I like too many names, and I really don't want to regret my eventual choices. I plan to be a mom one day, and I want to have a solid set of options. I've been "into" names for about 2 years now, and all that's come of it is this list. Feels like not enough sometimes, but on the other hand, what more could I get from it besides the personal satisfaction of having a few name choices on hand. Getting back to the main issue (Benjamin), I suppose I pick most of the names on my list because they carry a "weight" so to speak. Like I put time and effort into the choice. Somehow, a name like Sophia Isabelle or Jacob Thomas just doesn't have that "I've thought about this a ton" weight. Sigh. Benjamin seems to sorta fall into that fall-back camp. Classic, easy choices that are effortlessly good. I like it, but do I love it? Will people who hear Dexter Benjamin W****** think, "wow, that's a handsome name." Hmmm. I guess I should stop rambling now. This is why I like the question format a lot. Getting specific answers besides I like it/NMS elicits more of a response from my brain, even if it is a bunch of rambling.

Q2: Warren or Wade, and Why? I would say Wade. Just personally preference.

Q3: Garrett Clark or Warren Clark? Also, are same-letter initials a total no-go? I love Warren and Wade as first names (Wesley too), but right now they'd have the initials WW. It depends on how they sound with your last name. Stephen Shepard sounds a whole lot better than Sean Shepard because of the actual sound the S makes. If the W's make similar sounds then it might not be a good idea. As for your question. I prefer Warren Clark over Garrett Clark, since both Garrett and Clark have harsh t/k endings that somewhat clash. - By different sounds, do you think Warren (wa-) and wisdom (wi-) are differnt enough? Yes, I do see what you mean be the harsh endings. I think I really like the harsh sounds lol, runner up to this list was Alec, which is quite harsh.

Q4: I'm seriously <3ing on Winona right now, and ignoring Q3, which girl name of mine would you replace with Winona (nn Nona), and including the middles I already have (Winona Lenore, Winona Bridget, etc) and: Considering Fiona & Winona have similar -ona endings. I'd replace Fiona with Winona. I really like Winona Iris & Winona Bridget. OOOh, never noticed the -ona of the two, was more focused on just the -a ending. Rob would be disappointed if I dropped Fiona. That's his fave. Of the two, I prefer Winona Iris just because I'm not sure I can split Cordelia Bridget yet. I do love Winona though. Nona!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users