• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mary's dreaming

Mary's dreaming

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Writing and looking at names. Yeah, I have no life....

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

I have two plots for this story I'm writing and I can't decide. What I decided is that there is a girl about 18 and her father just died from cancer. They weren't very close. Her mother died in car crash when she was 2 and she feels he blames her. She is lonely and doesn't feel a part of any family. Now, here's where they differ.

1. In the first one I thought of after her dad dies she finds a trunk full of mother's things in the attic while cleaning out their house. Her father always told her he got rid of all of her mother's things. She find's her birth certificate and her name, her mother's are on it but instead of her father's is the name Daniel Washington. She keeps digging and finds a picture of him, her mom, and a few others' at a NYPD precinct. She googles him and learns he is now captain of that very same precinct. She goes to New York and meets him. At first he rejects her as his daughter claiming he and her mom were never involved and at the time he was married. She refuses to leave. She meets his family and after sometime they bond and she comes to think of them as her family.

2. This one came about after a gave Daniel a son only 2 years older than the main character. I wanted them to fall in love, but that would be creepy and wrong if they were siblings. So, I decided maybe, he father is her real dad and he dies. She, again finds her mother’s stuff in the attic, wants to learn more about her mom. She goes to New York and bumps into a boy after getting out of a cab. Her bag falls into a puddle. He insisting it was his fault, he offers to buy her coffee. Taken in by his bright blue eyes and handsome smile, she forgets everything she was ever told about strangers and agrees. They go to the Starbucks on the corner and he they talk about the weather, their interests, and family. She tells him about her search and he says his dad has been a cop for a long time and can probably help. They go to see his dad the next dad for lunch and she brings a sketch she drew of her mom. His father, Daniel Washington says it looks a lot like his old partner Olivia Michaels. She says her moms name was Olivia and they all relieze Olivia Michaels was her mom. Daniel invites her to the 75th birthday party for their old captain, stating all of her mom's friends will be their. Olivia goes and meets all of her mom's friends. Daniel's son showes up with a his girlfriend and she feels jealous for some reason. She talks to his sister and learns his girlfriend is a brat. They decide to try and break them up. After a few failed attempts it work, he finds hisself falling for her. He breaks up with his girlfriend and asks her out. We then go to the eplogue where they are about to get married and Daniel comes into to see her, because he is going to walk her down the isle. She is fixes his tie and he confesses he loved her mother more than anyone one in the world and he wanted to marry her, but she had found her father and then left, but now he know that it was all in the plan and he is do happy that his son and her are able to be together.

Thanks! :wub: :lol: :wub: :(

#2 Beka

Beka

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Wow, I really like both of them! The second one is definitely my favorite, though. :wub:

#3 Noah

Noah

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

I like the first, but love the second.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

The first is cool, but the second is definately my fav! GL! ~Had

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users