• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

So I'm crushing on Hawthorne as a guilty pleasure boys name. Thoughts? Middle name ideas? I just love the nick name Thor  :rolleyes: Yeah, I know. That's why its a guilty pleasure. But you have to admit: Hawthorne and Archer sound fantastic as siblings. As does Archie and Thor ;)

And the girls names... I'm in love with Margo/ Margot lately. I kind of prefer it with a T but not sure. I'm also loving Marguerite as a full name. Thoughts? MN suggestions? Then I'm also loving Beatrice, Florence, and Esme. Is Beatrice too Divergent now? And is Esme still to Twilight? I'm opened to MN ideas for those too.

Thanks so much! :)

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

I have loved Hawthorne for a while now, he's been on my list as Ezra Hawthorne. It does sound so great with Archer's name! If I used it as a first name, I'd probably use Harry as his nickname because it's a bit more common, and then Thor for around the house. :) 

I've been loving Margalo lately, it's basically the Greek Margo. I have a good friend named Marguerite. Her name is pretty, but she always found it annoying as in a lot of other countries, people will say, "Oh, like Pizza Marguerite" But other than that, it is very pretty, especially if she went by Margo. As for Margo's spelling, I'm pretty neutral.

Beatrice is beautiful! I don't really think of Divergent, and I don't think the connotation is too strong at all. Florence is very charming and pretty! I really love it. Esme is not for me, though I don't think it is necessarily too Twilight

Marguerite Esme would be lovely! And Margo Beatrice.

#3 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ok. So, first of all, Hawthrone is just soooo beautiful with Archer! Such a cute match! I think Thor is a cute nn, though it's not one I would have thought to use. I really love Margo and Esme. I like Beatrice.
I honestly didn't think of Divergent when I first read Beatrice because the character is called Tris for most of the movie. And I honestly didn't think of Twilight with Esme either. Yes, Twilight hasn't been around for THAT long, but I think most people just think of it as a nice older name. Now Bella on the other hand....

I think every name you've mentioned is perfectly fine to use. If you like them, then definitely put them on your list for a future baby #2!

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

I love the nick name Harry for Hawthorne, I hadn't thought of it :) On Nameberry someone suggested Hawk as a nick name as well and I like that too. But I like the idea of a more classic nick name to go along with it. 

Margalo is neat :) My sister knows a Margarita, and I figure that's a bit much. But Marguerite is a little more classic and easier to wear haha. I can see how people would make the connection to pizza though, annoying haha. I was thinking Margo seems to be the better spelling for the nick name, but Margot if I went for the name alone as a whole? 

Very true though, in the books/ movie Beatrice is called Tris mostly. I feel like Esme captures two of my favorite names into one, I love Estella (and a lot of Es- names) and I ADORE Mae, so it's like I could get two for one. Though I do love Estella and Mabel alone but.. it was a thought. I'm unsure. 

Ren does seem hip and modern for Florence :) I like. 

Thanks again so much!!

#5 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

First of all, Hawthorne is becoming a guilty pleasure for me too. I think it's really handsome and it does go well with Archer  :wub: Not sure how I feel about the nickname Thor but it does need a nickname because it's a bit long, so that works.

I've come to like Margo/Margot a lot. I think I prefer it without the T. And I think it's just fine by itself, since I'm not a huge fan of Marguerite.

I adore Beatrice, and I don't think it's too Divergent because she goes by Tris most of the time.

I'm iffy on Florence and Esme... they're just not my style.

As Addison said, Margo Beatrice would be lovely. And from what you said above, I think Estella Mabel would make a nice combo. Beatrice Mabel would be really adorable.

#6 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

Hawthorne has switched off from my GP list to my ready-to-use list about 1209384 times. Obviously, exaggerating the number, but seriously its the ONLY name that has given me this much trouble. 

I LOVE the name. I love how medieval it sounds, yet its such a 'cool' kid name. Love that it can be shortened to Hawk or Thor, but not completely sure how useable this is. 

Though none of the girls names are my style, I can appreciate their beauty. My hands down favorite of the bunch, is Esme. Easy to say and spell, and it is SO elegant. Margot is one of the most beautiful names I've ever heard, simple as that. The sound is so soft. I prefer <-- that spelling. Florence is fun and dusty, but I kinda love that. Beatrice is a bit Divergent but it was a beautiful name before that and it will be a beautiful name after that. Also, Tris is not a bad character/heroine to share a name with! She's pretty BA! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users