7 replies to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

So, I made a post a little while back with three boy names I really liked as siblings, but now I wanted to put out here my top three or four names for each gender and see what you guys think.

William Lee "Will" - This is one that I'm pretty sure about. Lee is honoring because it's the middle name of both me and my father, and I really just love Will.

Caspar Robin "Cas" - I love "Cas-" names for boys, including Caspian and Castor, but I've decided I like Caspar best. Robin is a bit of a dorky honoring because I've come to love the tale of Robin Hood ever since watching BBC's television series. The only thing that bothers me a bit about this name is that the R's trip up the flow a bit, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

Peter Jack "PJ" - I really adore the nickname PJ, and I was having trouble with this one because I didn't like how Peter John was kind of the stereotypical first/middle combo for PJ. I got around this without changing Peter (because I like it) by changing John to Jack, which honors my grandfather who I never got to meet, John "Jack".

Caleb Thomas - Will, Cas, and PJ are definitely my top three, just because they have more special meanings. With Caleb Thomas, I just really like both of these names and I like them together. I feel like there's a lot of consonant sounds between the end of Caleb and the beginning of Thomas, so I'm not entirely solid on this one.

Claire Melinda - This is probably the only girl combo I'm solid on. I've always loved Claire. Melinda honors my mother, Linda, which is why I originally picked the name, but it's grown on me since.

Beatrice Maeve/Maeve Beatrice/Maeve Annaliese - This one's quite a conundrum. The problem is I love all three of these names in the first name spot. The only thing about Beatrice is that I don't like any nicknames for it, but I feel like with the other names here I feel like just Beatrice would be too formal-sounding along with theoretical siblings Will, PJ, etc. I have the same problem with Annaliese, where I don't like Annie and Liese/Lise feels awkward to me. As for Maeve, I'm okay with it being in the first or middle spot. Help with this one, please?

_____ Lorelei - I'm set on using Lorelei as a middle name to honor an aunt Lori who has greatly influenced my life. I also like Maeve as a first name here, but other than that I'm not sure. I'm debating Maya Lorelei, which I'm not thrilled with. Suggestions please? 

So, in short, along with general feedback on my list I'd like suggestions for alternate middle names for Caleb, alternate first names for Thomas, advice on the Beatrice/Maeve/Annaliese situation, first name suggestions for Lorelei. Thanks!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

William Lee "Will" is very handsome and classic. 

Caspar Robin "Cas" is nice. I like Caspar better then Caspian and Castor as well, I think Castor will always make me think of the oil. I agree the R's clash, but its not a biggie. Middle names aren't used much anyway. I love Disney's Robin Hood lol! My friend got it as a joke for Archer for xmas :)

Peter Jack "PJ" is cute! I like PJ. I knew a little PJ who was the sweetest. I like Jack a lot as well. Peter isn't my style but its classic and nice. 

Caleb Thomas is very handsome. I don't really notice a clash much when I say them out loud really. I love both names. Caleb Finn, Caleb Nathan, Caleb Matthew, Caleb Noah, Caleb Rory, Caleb Jonah, Caleb Daniel, Zachary Thomas, Gavin Thomas, Levi Thomas, David Thomas, Isaac Thomas?

Claire Melinda isn't my style, but its nice. 

Beatrice Maeve / Maeve Beatrice / Maeve Annaliese - I love love the name Maeve! I love Mae names in general, but its so beautiful. I like Annaliese as well, so Maeve Annaliese is my fave. I don't care for Beatrice, but I do think it fits in with the other names even without a nick name. Its a short name so it doesn't really need one imo. Its only 2 syllables. 

I think Beatrice Lorelei would be really nice! :) Maeve Annaliese and Beatrice Lorelei? Cute! I think Maya Lorelei would be a bit rhymey . Vera Lorelei, Lynette Lorelei, Natasha Lorelei, Isla Lorelei, Hannah Lorelei, Charlotte Lorelei, Caroline Lorelei, Margaret Lorelei, Annette Lorelei?

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

I love William Lee and Claire Melinda (I really love this name. The flow is gorgeous imo)

#4 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

ashooles - Thanks! 

Remy - I like Caleb Jonah and Gavin Thomas a lot, but I think I'm going to end up keeping Caleb Thomas because the clash isn't all that much. Also, I agree, Maeve Annaliese is probably my favorite of the three right now. I like Beatrice Lorelei, but I don't really love it. It's hard to pair something with Lorelei because it's one of those sort of off-beat names that doesn't completely "go" with much. 

Thanks to both of you for the input!  ^_^ 

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

No prob! I do love Caleb Thomas together. I can see what you mean on Lorelei though, it has personality to it :) I'll try some more suggestions, but I totally get that sometimes it takes a while to find "the one"!

Phoebe Lorelei

Mia Lorelei 

Mara Lorelei

Theresa Lorelei

Colleen Lorelei

Gwyneth Lorelei

Sarah Lorelei

Autumn Lorelei

Kenna Lorelei

Bridget Lorelei

Grace Lorelei

Cadence Lorelei

Victoria Lorelei

Rosemary Lorelei

Serena Lorelei

Katrina Lorelei

Alexis Lorelei

Helen Lorelei

Diana Lorelei

Eve Lorelei

Priscilla Lorelei

Lucia Lorelei

Ruby Lorelei

Alaina Lorelei

Marlene Lorelei

Hopefully something will pop up, but let me know if you need more!

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've said this before, but my brother is William Lee  :D  Oh, and my cousin is Caleb Thomas! Too funny  :lol: I like both of their names a lot! And Claire is my middle name.

I love Caspar Robin!!! And Peter Jack is really nice, too.

I love Maeve Anneliese/Annaliese  <3 Lorelei is precious and fits well in a sibset with Maeve. I like Remy's suggestions of Gwenyth/Gwyneth and Rosemary.

#7 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

Remy - Thanks for more suggestions! I like Mara Lorelei and Grace Lorelei, but I don't think I would ever use either. I love the name Bridget but it's similar to the Caleb Thomas thing where I think the numerous consonants in Bridget clash with the L's  in Lorelei. For now I'll keep looking--I agree, it is hard to find "the one" sometimes.

Addison - It's funny that there's now more than one name coincidence haha. And yeah, I tend to like Gwen- names but I still haven't found one that isn't too offbeat (like Gwyneth) or formal-sounding (like Guinevere) to me. As for Rosemary, it's the name of a rather loony lady that my mother works with, so that one's a no-go.

#8 LiteBrite

LiteBrite

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

William Lee "Will" - I like this! Very classic!

Caspar Robin "Cas- I prefer Caspian, (Caspar reminds me of the ghost)  but either way the flow/combo is very nice! This is my favorite boy name on your list!

Peter Jack "PJ" - No a PJ fan, but Peter Jack is nice!

Caleb Thomas - Again, very classic. Nothing really stands out to me on this though.

Claire Melinda - I think Melinda Claire would flow better, but I still like this!

Beatrice Maeve/Maeve Beatrice/Maeve Annaliese - I LOVE Annaliese! It's a goreousely underused name! Not a fan of Beatrice or Maeve because of association.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users