• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:I’m a little bit of a dork. I actually like hanging out with my family. I like to scrapbook and crochet. There’s nothing like a warm mug of coffee or tea on a really cold morning. I love to sing. Being with my friends makes me happy. I like genealogy. Knowing about the past helps me prepare for the future. I’m über curious. Music is my anti-drug. I can’t read music, so I memorized every piece of music I ever played in band. I can play the clarinet, flute, piano, tenor sax, and alto sax. I love taking pictures…I guess you could say that I’m a real shutterbug. I love the smell of gas, tire, and lumber. There is nothing better than those smells. Really. I’m a huge movie buff. I like funny movies, but romantic movies are my favorite. Typical girl, right? I’m a big sap when it comes to love: I believe everybody should get to feel the intensity of true love.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Tiger Woods and his wife had a son recently. His name is Charlie Axel and joined big sister Sam Alexis.

Does anybody have an opinion on the name?

#2 Danielle_Monique

Danielle_Monique

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

I like Charlie better as a nickname. I have always loved the name Axel. Sam and Charlie sound great together.

#3 Raena

Raena

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

I was talking to James about this [he loves golf] and he thought that Charlie was his second son because his first daughter is Sam. It might've been nice for Sam if they'd picked something a little more girly.

Otherwise, Charlie is a nice pick. Axel is so-so but I like CHarlie.

#4 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

I think its cute...although I do agree that Charlie is a better nn. Either way it is a nice name!

#5 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

I really like the name as a whole (:

#6 LilLinds

LilLinds

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:02 AM

I love Charlie as a nickname for Charles. Axel isn't my style. I do agree that Sam Alexis is a very masculine name overall.

#7 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

Maybe he doesn't like the names Charles and Samantha and thought that they would just be called Charlie and Sam either way. I think that Charlie Axel is a great name and Charlie has a better sound than Charles, IMO. Charlie and Sam sound great together but I prefer more girlie names for a girl. Everyone is different though ;)

#8 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

You can tell that they were going for very macho names...Axel is an incredibly macho name, nothing girly about it. But they didn't get a boy the first time around so they had to give her a macho name as well "Sam", and a similar sounding middle (with an X, and an L) to make her seem more boy-ish. Nothing girly about Sam Alexis either.

And some people think sexism doesn't exist.

#9 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

I like both names!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users