• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

In no particular order...

Boys:

Leo

I first stumbled upon this name a while ago. But I recently read a book by Julie Halpern where the male love interest was named Leo and I fell in love with the character, and thus the name. It's been stuck in my head since reading the book. But I honestly think it's a solid name. Strong and short, with a celestial meaning.

Beau

This is probably the newest on my boy's list. I read a book called the Vincent Boys a few years ago, where I was introduced to this name, but it sat in the back of my mind until now. I've started getting into a band called Blessthefall, and the vocalist is called Beau Bokan. I like this one a lot. It could be a nickname but I think it stands well on its own regardless.

Jameson

I used to know a boy named Jameson, but I dismissed his name because I prefered James since it's a family name. But I've started liking this one a lot more because I can use it to honor while putting a twist on the name. But I think it's cute, honoring or not.

Tyler

I've always liked this one, but it's very recently been put this high up on my list. There's no real reason other than my sudden realization that this is a quality name. It might be a bit common for my taste, so I'd most likely keep it as a middle.

Cameron

This one honors Cameron Liddell of my favourite band; Asking Alexandria. The only drawback is my Dad's sister was married to a Kameron, but they've recently divorced which has drawn a kind of stigma over the name in my family. I'm willing to look past it but I don't know if others, specifically my Aunt and Father can. Thoughts?

Girls:

Vanessa

I've recently started dating a lovely girl called Vanessa, and so the name has climbed very highly on my list. I'd keep it as a middle, though. I've always liked the name Vanessa, specifically with the nickname Nessa, which I'd considered during the time I was dating Chris. Well it's back!!

Pixie

I'd never considered this even a possible name until recently. Oliver Syke's wife is called Hannah Pixie Sykes [nee Snowdon] and I think it's such a beautiful pair, especially with such a common name as Hannah. I'd use it as a first but it'd probably stay in the middle slot, next to a common name.

Lisette

I've recently fallen in love with -ette names. But Lisette is one of my favourites [with Nicolette and Juliette following closely] because it's so dainty and elegant. I much prefer it to any other diminutive of Elizabeth. 

Celeste

I've been into this one for a while, and I've used this name as the main character of my most recent stories, which I've managed to keep working on. I love love love celestial name and what name is more celestial than Celeste?

Luna

As afore mentioned, I totally dig celestial names. Luna means moon, which I think is such a beautiful yet hippie name. I'd love to use/see it in a sibset with Leo.

#2 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

One of my friends from college, her name is Lizette. Beautiful girl. She competes in pageants and is currently working as a NICU nurse.  

I'm sure the S in Lisette would be softer than her Z. 

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Great list of names. 

I think my favorite from your boy's list is Beau, I currently have Bo as a potential nn for a daughter on my list. 

As for Cameron, maybe some distance (time) will help smooth over the whole ex-husband association.  If you are planning to wait another 10 years or so to have kids, maybe the memory won't be as strongly associated with him, but maybe not.  I guess time will tell.

As for your girl list, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Celeste :), Luna & Lisette are lovely as well.  I can't really see Pixie as being very wearable, but I do love Prairie so I suppose it is all up to personal taste.  Vanessa is nice but not my really my style, however, I never really had a strong appeal for the name Benjamin until I fell in love with my Ben, so I can see how a new love interest can spark love of a particular name. :)

• HxppySxng likes this

#4 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Leo - This is one that I wouldn't use myself (partly because of a slightly negative connotation) but like on other people's kids. I love that it means lion.

Beau I actually know a Beauregard who goes by Beau. Beau is cute and handsome, nice on a kid or a grown-up. This one's great too (probably my favorite of your boy names).

JamesonThis is nice, a handsome alternative to the overly popular James. A friend's brother has this name, and he goes by Jamey (Jamie).

TylerIt's never been one of my favorites, but it's okay and the nickname Ty is cute. 

CameronIt's alright, not one of my favorites. I like that it has meaning to you, but the association your family has might be too strong. I guess it depends on how important it is to you for your family to like your kids' names.

VanessaAnother nice one that I like on other people's kids. It's elegant, and I love the nickname Nessa! (Nessie is cute too, although that's the nickname for the Loch Ness Monster, so that could be an issue...)

Pixie - A little too word-y for my taste, but it could make a cute middle. I don't see it growing up well, but it wouldn't be as big of a deal if it was the middle name.

Lisette - I really like this one! It's elegant but also cute, good for any age. I love -ette names too. Etta and Ettie are cute potential nicknames here, or for any -ette names.

CelesteNot one of my favorites, but it's nice, and good for any age.

LunaLove this one! It's so soft and sweet, and I could see it on a baby, a teen, a young woman or an old one. This is probably my favorite of your girl names.

• HxppySxng likes this

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

I love Leo, Jameson, Tyler, and Cameron. So handsome! Beau is just not my style.

As for the girls, I find Luna pretty, but the others aren't for me.

• HxppySxng likes this

#6 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Leo - I like it, nice name but short and sharp.

Beau - Love the name beau.. My sister gets called this well Bo.. its a cute name.

Jameson - Always liked this name...

Tyler - Not a fan of this name im afraid.. its a nice enough name..[my brother even used it for his child instead of Rio..] but its never been a fave of mine.

Cameron - Nice name.. but i think there are more girls with the name than boys i only know of 1 cameron.. i know of a few camryns and kamryns though.

Vanessa -Nice enough name more of a middle for me though.

Pixie - i like it.. i know a Pixie-Belle..  Its a cute name

Lisette -nice name.. cute and french looking..

Celeste -i love this name.. also like Celestia.

Luna -A fave of mine along with its sister Nova.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users