2 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

I have to write a children's story/playish thing for my creative writing class, titled Lighthouse. It is meant to teach a lesson (such as share or be nice to others) and it has a nautical theme. I need some character names. I literally have none. I don't want anything overly cheesy for a nautical story, like Anchor or Ocean, and don't want anything over-the-top, like Chysanthemum. I want fairly normal names, but I'm having a brain break-down an can't think of anything. Haha ;)

I need names for:

The Captain.
-- he's the ship's captain, obviously ;). He's a middle aged man, bald with dark blue eyes. He's your typical cool/nice/funny bald man. He's a strong leader but kind-hearted.

Captain's daughter
-- 15/16ish. She takes after her dad in many ways, she is a strong leader who is very compassionate. Always up for adventure. Blonde hair dark blue eyes.

Old Man
-- I haven't decided how he knows the kids yet, but he's the one who talks to them and makes them come to the realization and learn the lesson. I need an old guy name here for sure.

And the Captain's daughter's friends: all 15/16ish

Male
-- bit of a dork, but very smart. He likes to play guitar and sing as well. not one of those types that is portrayed with glasses, braces, and suspenders, just more of a normal person who acts nerdy. Not video games geeky either. If that makes sense, haha. Dark brown almost black shaggy hair.

Male
-- soccer player, nice & friendly. Easy-going. Has brown hair with "frosted tips" and hazel eyes

Male
-- down-to-earth, let's just chill type guy. Slightly surfer-esque attitude. Bleach blonde hair (of course) and bright green eyes.

Female
-- really happy/optimistic no matter what. Everything is exciting to her. She has light red hair and blue eyes.

Female
-- the one who makes cheesy jokes and people half-laugh to make her feel good. She is fun to be around. she has brown hair and brown eyes.

THANKS x10,000!

#2 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

I need names for:

The Captain.
Jeffrey (Jeff)

Captain's daughter
Alexandra (Alex) 

Old Man:

Raymond (Ray)... how about he is their grandfather?

And the Captain's daughter's friends: all 15/16ish

Friend 1: Calvin

Friend 2: Taylor

Friend 3: William (Will)

Female 1: Zoe 

Female 2: Phoebe

The captain's daughter should be a mermaid.  LOL, some of the names remind me of people I actually know, other's I just thought up.

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

For a kids story, you obviously want names that a simple and easy to pronounce...

Captain Earl, John, Mike, Steve, Dave

Daughter Alice, Sara, Paige, Ruth, Violet

Old Man Hank, Pete, Oscar, Otis, Oswald

Daughter's Friends...

Ben, Derrick, Tom, Luke, Dylan

Molly, Brooke, Jenny, Lauren, Stacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users