• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 K.C.

K.C.

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, camping, bicycling, tae kwon do, reading, spending time with my family

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Not pregnant, but always thinking...

Seems like boy names are easier - we had no trouble with our son, Oliver Matthew. We never settled on a name for a girl, though, and still talk about it all the time! Her middle name would be Christine - family tradition and not up for debate - and, as life would have it, our last name begins with a hard K sound too (2 syllables).

Here are my favs right now:

Marielle (pronounced Mah-ri-elle)
Clara - nn Claire
Kaia
Emily (always a fav, but so common!)
Livia (too close to Oliver?)
Elizabeth (after grandma - nn Elsie? We liked Ellie last time, but not sure you can have an Ollie and an Ellie)
Annabel - my husband's favorite - I knew a nasty Anna in gradeschool, but still like the name

Opinions? Other suggestions?

#2 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

Marielle - Not really a name I like but it goes well with Christine
Clara - Clara Christine K might be to much alliteration
Kaia - Same as for Clara
Emily - Very pretty, just depends whether the popularity bothers you
Livia - cute name but in my opinion to close to Oliver
Elizabeth - I like Elizabeth nn Beth or Ellie, not keen on Elsie. Again Ellie is probably a bit close to Ollie.
Annabel - pretty name and goes well with Christine

Emily Christine or Annabel Christine would be my choices.

#3 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Marielle (pronounced Mah-ri-elle) - I don't like the name much, but it flows nicely with Christine.
Clara - nn Claire - Too much K sound.
Kaia - Cute, but again, too much K.
Emily (always a fav, but so common!) - It counds very good with Christine, though. And I think with all the Isabella's and Lily's out there, Emily may be moving down in popularity. Still very common though.
Livia (too close to Oliver?) - Definitely too close.
Elizabeth (after grandma - nn Elsie? We liked Ellie last time, but not sure you can have an Ollie and an Ellie) - LOVE Elsie. I also love Effy (which is a pretty common nn in England, I guess. I just heard it a few months ago and loved it), Eliza, and Izzy (even though it's more for an Isabella).
Annabel - my husband's favorite - I knew a nasty Anna in gradeschool, but still like the name - Beautiful and I love the nn Anna or just the name Anna.

My favorites would be Elizabeth Christine nn Elsie and Annabel Christine nn Anna.

#4 K.C.

K.C.

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, camping, bicycling, tae kwon do, reading, spending time with my family

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

I totally forgot... I also really like the name Isla. The big problem, of course, being that initials would be ICK. Yikes! Aila, maybe?

#5 destiny

destiny

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

Marielle Christine is adorable!!!

#6 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Marielle (pronounced Mah-ri-elle) - is gorgeous, though I may prefer Mariela.
Clara - nn Claire - is nice but I think with the mn and last name, the hard 'k' sound might be too much.
Kaia - i feel the same as above,though il ove kaia and clara(without the nn)
Emily (always a fav, but so common!) - i'm afraid this just doesn't appeal to me at all
Livia (too close to Oliver?) - i know a livja, very pretty, but I think it is a little close to oliver.
Elizabeth (after grandma - nn Elsie? We liked Ellie last time, but not sure you can have an Ollie and an Ellie) - i love the nn elsie! this is a little too common for my tastes though, i would like eliza which is similar.
Annabel - my husband's favorite - I knew a nasty Anna in gradeschool, but still like the name - i love this name though i prefer it spelled annabelle, i think its gorgeous!

#7 Sylvana

Sylvana

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Marielle - Not my favorite name, but Marielle Christine sounds nice
Clara nn Claire - I like the name Claire on its own. Don't like Clara. Claire Christine will have to much K sound.
Kaia - I prefer Kaiya. But also to much K sound.
Emily - I really like the name Emily. And Emily Christine sounds fab.
Livia - When I hear the name Livia, I see it as a nn for Olivia. And yeah, its to close to Oliver.
Elizabeth - Elizabeth Christine sounds lovely. But prefer the nn Eliza
Annabel - Not my fave name and I prefer Annabelle, but Annabel Christine sounds nice.

My favorite would be Emily Christine or Elizabeth Christine nn Eliza

#8 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

I lvoe Isla and Aila as well, such gorgeous names, though the ACK initials aren't much better. If you really loved the name, you could always use Christine as a first name and isla in the middle but call her Isla anyways.. They both are such beautiful names! Though I may prefer the spelling Ayla, I like Aila more, but I feel Ayla is less likely to be confused with Alia as I have accidentally dont a couple times.

#9 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I love Marielle. It's gorgeous; a very wonderful varient on the overused, outdated Mary. Marielle Christine K. might be a bit long though.

Clara I like, but pronounced (cl-ARE-uh) not (cl-AIR-uh) as I assume you are from the nn Claire. Also, as has been said, Clara Christine K. is too many K sounds.

Kaia I think would come off as very confusing to most people who run into it. Is it (k-EYE-uh?) (KEY-uh?) (KAY-uh?) (KUH-ee-uh?) I don't really like short names with a lot of vowels for this reason (like Eva, Ava, Leila, etc), people just mispronounce them too often. Also, same issue with Kaia Christina K., just too many K sounds.

Emily is a very pretty name, albeit very popular. But it's popular because it's beautiful! Emily Christine K. has very nice flow.

Livia is a nice name. A nice change from the very trendy Olivia. You may have trouble with some people mispronouncing it, but not as much as Kaia, for sure. Livia Christine K. is a very nice name.

Elizabeth is my top favorite name of all time. I could go on and on about all the benefits of naming your kid Elizabeth (I have first hand proof lol) Elizabeth Christine K. might be a tad bit long though, depends on the last name.

Annabel is a name I hate, sorry. It reminds me of a cow. (Remember the cartoon about the cow named Annabel?) Personal grievances aside, it is a familiar yet uncommon name, and Annabel Christine K. flows very well.

Isla is a nice name, but I fear mispronunciations your daughter's whole life. (Izz-luh?) Sigh. People can be silly. ICK is also just not good initials like you said. But please, don't change the spelling to Aila just to make the name sound better. Trendy, creative, made-up spellings are never a good solution to anything; they just make a tough situation worse. Better solution: Pick one of the above names, so you don't have to change any spellings, or another name entirely. You aren't even pregnant, so you have more than enough time to decide :)

#10 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Marielle Christine sounds really pretty!

#11 sexykelly

sexykelly

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

i like the name emily and annabell

#12 opinicsrimi

opinicsrimi

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:opinicsrimiGC

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Why these private charters are so expensive? What is included in their cost?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users