5 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

When I see names, I always mentally picture the little kid that would have that name. What they'd look like, what they'd act like. It's just part of what I automatically do when I see names. Not that it is an accurate analysis or anything, haha. It's just for fun. I'm wondering what you see when you think of your favorite names. So, tell me? And if you have a picture or something of what you think they'd look like, feel free to share! ;)

I'll post mine below.

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Not necessarily my favorite names, but some names I like:

Andrew: This is what I picture him looking like. He'd be relatively quiet, but funny and nice.

Lyle / Boden / Wesley: This is what I picture him looking like. He loves to be outside and he always ends up making a mess.

Silas: This is what I picture him looking like. He's always happy and kind, but a step quieter than Andrew.

Nora: This is what I picture her looking like. She sweet, and proper. She loves tea parties and wearing dresses, but also loves playing outside.

Liadan: This is what I picture her looking like. She's friendly and funny and loves people. She also loves sports, but is a girly-girl.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Like an actual picture? Or just my mental image?

When I think of Archer, I think of a funny kid. A good sense of humor, very friendly and outgoing. Charismatic. Also athletic. Very active and always on his feet. Which honestly, when put out like that, is a good mix of Mike and I! :P

When I think Roman, I think of a dark haired kiddo. A little more serious. And maybe even a little more sensitive. The events he finds fun and enjoyable would just be less outrageously silly I think.

When I think of Mabel, I think of a sassy and spunky girl. Very pretty, lots of attitude haha. I also think active and outgoing here.

When I think of Clementine, I think a little softer. I think of a smaller girl, thin and petite. A little softer spoken in public, but when surrounded in friends a lot more confident. The kind of girl that everyone likes I guess though, just happy and pleasant to everyone.

Those are my top names currently, though I know Clem will never get use. I'm really hoping Mike can grow on Mabel, I just don't know how I'd ever give it up <3

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Like an actual picture? Or just my mental image?

When I think of Archer, I think of a funny kid. A good sense of humor, very friendly and outgoing. Charismatic. Also athletic. Very active and always on his feet. Which honestly, when put out like that, is a good mix of Mike and I! :P

When I think Roman, I think of a dark haired kiddo. A little more serious. And maybe even a little more sensitive. The events he finds fun and enjoyable would just be less outrageously silly I think.

When I think of Mabel, I think of a sassy and spunky girl. Very pretty, lots of attitude haha. I also think active and outgoing here.

When I think of Clementine, I think a little softer. I think of a smaller girl, thin and petite. A little softer spoken in public, but when surrounded in friends a lot more confident. The kind of girl that everyone likes I guess though, just happy and pleasant to everyone.

Those are my top names currently, though I know Clem will never get use. I'm really hoping Mike can grow on Mabel, I just don't know how I'd ever give it up <3

Aww, cute! It's kind of funny because I have a little cousin named Roman, and your description matched him perfectly, except for the hair. :)

#5 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I picture Isaac as curly headed little boy with his front tooth missing laughing about some prank he's played now.

Jace has dark hair and dark blue eyes with glasses. He's just as outgoing as Isaac but is a bit more serious.

Blair is quiet and would rather play with animals than people.

I can't get any real clear ideas on what they would be like though.

#6 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Oooh this looks fun!

Leonidas is kind of lanky in my head. Of course, he has incredibly curly hair, and it's dark like mine. His eyes are dark brown. He loves sports and plays basketball.

Castiel is much more of a nerd. He's a bit more stocky than Leonidas, but not overweight. He loves playing baseball and video games. His hair is also curly but it's lighter than Leo's.

Nahla is incredibly girly. She's petite, with long medium brunette hair and light eyes like her dad's. She has a lot of energy and is the incredibly hyperactive one.

Wylie is a bit more of a tomboy than her sister, but she still loves playing with dolls passed down from her big cousins Sophia and Brina. She started playing basketball when she was four. Her hair is dark brunette, usually in pigtails, and dark eyes.

:wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users