• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

So I'm writing a story to put on WattPad just for fun, and I'm struggling to decide on a name for my two main characters! 

The main main character is a seventeen-year-old girl who describes herself as 'cold and boring', and collects strange costumes from Disney and Pixar movies. She is from the normal world that we're in, but her mother is from another world, one which mirrors ours but contains every supernatural thing imaginable and is the home to witchcraft and dark magic. I like these names:

April

Louisa

Vera

Eleanor

Lucy

Molly

Tallulah 

The male main character and love interest is a quiet guy, with dark features and a natural frown. He's from the same world the female character's mother is from, so I need a memorable name that suits a fantasy, fairytale setting. Below are the names I like so far.

Jude

James

Soren

As you can see there aren't that many, so please feel free to chuck in your own ideas! I'm thinking of the surname Hatherley for girl, and no surname for the guy.

Thank you!!

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Vera and Soren seem to fit your descriptions best. :)

#3 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

For the girl mc I like Tallulah and Vera from your list. My suggestions are... Dorrit 'Dora/Dory' and Phoebe.

For the guy mc I think that Soren is the only name on your list that fits the description. My suggestions are Niko, Rune, Selim, Talon, and Thane.

#4 PoetryStory

PoetryStory

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

I like Lucy and Eleanor. But, Lucy is too 'innocent' for me, while Eleanor sounds too 'old' for the character. My suggestion is Elena, Claire, Lilith.

For the guy,  I don't really like it, but my suggestion is Raven, Acharon, Amon and Elios.

Hope this help you.

~PoetryStory~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users