1 reply to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'm currently working on a fairly complicated story that involves a rebel camp and a lot of characters, some of which have powers. I'll give you their name and a brief personality description, and I'd love to hear what you guys think about them, if their name flows well, fits their personality, etc.

I know I wrote a lot so if you want you can just skip my little paragraphs and comment on their names in general.

(I've just realized that most, if not all of these, could be first and middle combos, but that's beside the point.)

Jeremy Fisher

He goes by Fisher (many of these characters go by their last names, as they're part of an army-like organization). He's the leader of the rebels. In his early-to-mid twenties (all characters here are fairly young), tall and muscular with short dark-blond hair, he's confident, serious, and charismatic, very focused and professional under most circumstances but also deeply caring about his people. His "power" is that he has a permanent memory: he remembers everything he's ever heard, seen, felt, etc. It comes in handy but can also be very distracting sometimes.

David Keats

Goes by Keats. He's a character that is captured and killed early on. A bit younger than Fisher, he has dark curly hair and light green-blue eyes framed by thick black glasses. He's much less serious than Fisher, trying to keep the morale up at the camp. His "power": brief and painful images of the future that flash through his brain. It's rarely actually useful and is problematic because when the visions come he is all but paralyzed.

Carson Avery

Goes by Carson. He's Fisher's second in command for about half of the story. Serious, quiet, and brooding, he has dark hair and blue eyes and a shorter, more solid build. He has a power called Shatter, which means he can essentially break things into hundreds of small pieces with the flick of a hand. It's incredibly dangerous and part of the reason he's so serious/cautious.

Minsu Lee

Of unspecified-at-the-moment Asian descent, Minsu is tall and muscular with dark usually-slicked-back hair. He is the second in command following Carson. He doesn't have a power, but is very skilled when it comes to combat and battle strategy, though his intelligence is often underestimated because he comes off as obnoxious sometimes. He's on of the head combat trainers until he is promoted. He's much more carefree than he should be most of the time, and is incredibly flirtatious.

Krishna Remura

Quiet, pensive, and unsettlingly observant, Indian-descended Krishna is on the shorter and thinner side. He has a very strong set of morals and is very sensitive and quiet, which, in addition to him being gay, arouses some ridicule from others--this goes hand in hand with his power: he's an empath, able to sense other's emotions. He's one of the only rebels who doesn't actually want to fight in the war due to the violence.  

Laurel Cassidy

Laurel is slightly younger, only about eighteen or nineteen with dark hair, blue eyes, and freckled skin. She's in the middle as far as personalities go: she's fairly easygoing, not overly blunt or overly shy. I still have a lot to figure out about her--she's going to have a power, and as of now it's air/wind control, but I'm not dead-set on it yet. Throughout most of the story she is pregnant, due to a long backstory that I don't really need to get into here. She ends up in a relationship with Fisher (not the father of her child). Her baby is a boy, and I will need a name for him eventually, but nothing has stuck quite yet.

Kaya Jordan

Kaya is half-Native American and half white. Short and curvy, she's the head combat trainer and is a force to be reckoned with. She often rubs people the wrong way, being a bit blunt and harsh, but she is a good person deep down. She doesn't have a power. She is in a relationship with Keats until his death, and after a while ends up in a hesitant relationship with Minsu.

Lia Banks

My only non-rebel main character. Her name needs to change, because it is too close to Laurel for my liking. She's of African American descent and is tall and lean. I haven't chosen precisely how she fits into the story yet, but she is much more innocent than the other characters just because she is so ignorant on the subject of the rebellion and what is really going on. She comes from a wealthy family of government officials.

Other minor characters:

Julia Walsh "Walsh"

William Rafferty "Raff"

Nathan Grant "Grant"

#2 clarygray

clarygray

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

They all fit  well and your story sounds so interesting! Here are some suggestions instead of Lia:

Olivia

Amelia( Could have the nn lia)

Lexi

Mia

Katrina (nn Kat)

Emily

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users