4 replies to this topic

#1 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

I started my first day of practical experience for my uni course yesterday, which is 0 -18 month olds. Of course, I learnt all their names, but the youngest (10 months) was called LaKayla. At first I thought they said Makayla, but I soon learnt otherwise.

What do you think of this name? I, personally am not a fan at all. One, the K annoys me to no end (why not just Lakayla?) and secondly, it seems made up.

What about you?

#2 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Sounds made up to me as well and really not my style. Was glad to see when I pulled up the post I wasn't going to have to be really nice and try not to step on feet by saying I really didn't care for it! -_-

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

It does sound a bit made up, but is SO much better than some of the other names I've heard. o_O

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

It seems very much made up to me too. Very trendy as well. And I can only imagine poor LaKayla getting SO many wrong pronunciations and spellings -_- I do know a lot of people seem to like La- names, or De- names. Rather than Laney, Delaney. Rather than Toya, LaToya. The K does bother me, but I do know MaKayla's who like spelling their name this way, so I can see where she'd get it from.

congrats on your first day of practical experience though! Was it fun otherwise? ;)

#5 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

It seems very much made up to me too. Very trendy as well. And I can only imagine poor LaKayla getting SO many wrong pronunciations and spellings ;) I do know a lot of people seem to like La- names, or De- names. Rather than Laney, Delaney. Rather than Toya, LaToya. The K does bother me, but I do know MaKayla's who like spelling their name this way, so I can see where she'd get it from.

congrats on your first day of practical experience though! Was it fun otherwise? :)

Oh, it was so much fun. The kiddies were the cutest :P One even started walking (like took a step before falling over). So beautiful -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users