6 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

So my boyfriend and I are now expecting! Though we're not sure of the gender yet. We have had a difficult time agreeing on names and finally decided on Alyannah Daisy and Kutler Michael (middle name after the dad). However I liked Cutler with the "c" but my boyfriend said it reminded him of "cutlery." Also we love Alyannah pronounced Aly "anna" not "onna." We really like both these names but I'm afraid they sound too teenmomish, which i want to avoid! So please help! I need honest opinions!

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I hope this doesn't sound rude:
I honestly feel like they are a bit "teen-mom" for my taste. Can I make suggestions?

Alianna, or maybe even Ariana or Aviana, would be a good option. It makes the spelling a bit easier. I think getting the pronunciation you want is going to take a lot of corrections but you could maybe make it work. I think both pronunciations are pretty. For your pronunciation, it may just be easier to do a hyphenated name? Like make her official name something along the lines of Alice Annabel or Alivia Ann and calling her "Ally-Anna" / "Allie-Anna". That would actually be really nice :)

Kutler even with a K seems very much like cutlery to me, sorry :( Some names you might consider:
Caleb Michael
Kellan Michael
Kaden Michael / Caden Michael / Cayden Michael
Callen Michael
Cohen Michael
Cason Michael
Keelan Michael
Keeley Michael
Keller Michael

Like any? If I can get a feel for what you like, I'll suggest more.

#3 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Thanks! My boyfriend has actually suggested Kellan in the past! We also liked Aly Ann, but couldn't come up with any names we liked that Aly could be short for. Any suggestions?

#4 Guest_Mrs. Brown_*

Guest_Mrs. Brown_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks! My boyfriend has actually suggested Kellan in the past! We also liked Aly Ann, but couldn't come up with any names we liked that Aly could be short for. Any suggestions?

You could make her first name Aly and her middle name Ann and then call her Aly Ann. My niece, Victoria's, full name is Victoria Anne Johnson. Everybody calls her Victoria Anne, Tori Anne, or Vickie Anne.

I also love Kellan for a girl. but the spelling you have is not my style. I prefer Kellan to be spelled "K-E-L-L-E-N". I don't know if you guys do. Maybe too many E's for some people's style (because they're both in the same spot on different sides)? I do like Kellen/Kellan in either spelling. It's your child so it would be up to you.

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I love the name Kellin :wub: (with an I at the end, obviously lol) I want to name this child Kellin so bad, but I don't want anyone to try to call him Kel. Kellin is such a pretty name.

Not sure how much help I'll be, but off the top of my head, the only names for Aly I can think of are

Allison
Alyssa
Aleah
Alexandra (maybe a bit of a stretch)
Alexis/Alexa/Alexia
Alicia

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Names to get Ally:

The following begin with "Al-":
Alivia (like Olivia, with an A)
Alice
Allison
Alodie
Alicia (pron. Aleesha)
Alyssa
Alaina
Alena
Alexandra / Alexandria
Alessandra
Aliza
Allyn
Alouette
Alathia
Alia
Alexis
Alexa
Allegra
Altessa
Alodia
Alora

The following contain "-al-" or "alie" etc, or the nickname can be derived from it:
Natalie
Rosalie
Coralie
Talia
Kendall
Coral
Opal
Crystal
Arial
Angelina

Or you could name her Hallie or Callie. They rhyme with Allie haha.

#7 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

How about Callie to get to Aly? I guess that would be Allie. Also Alyson (2 syllables) instead of Allison is a kinda cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users