• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:I’m a little bit of a dork. I actually like hanging out with my family. I like to scrapbook and crochet. There’s nothing like a warm mug of coffee or tea on a really cold morning. I love to sing. Being with my friends makes me happy. I like genealogy. Knowing about the past helps me prepare for the future. I’m über curious. Music is my anti-drug. I can’t read music, so I memorized every piece of music I ever played in band. I can play the clarinet, flute, piano, tenor sax, and alto sax. I love taking pictures…I guess you could say that I’m a real shutterbug. I love the smell of gas, tire, and lumber. There is nothing better than those smells. Really. I’m a huge movie buff. I like funny movies, but romantic movies are my favorite. Typical girl, right? I’m a big sap when it comes to love: I believe everybody should get to feel the intensity of true love.

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

My fiance mentioned Ingrid tonite and I just thought I'd see what anybody else thought of it. WDYT??

#2 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

i think it looks nice but doesn't sound that well. (Maybe 'cos i'm sticking to the spanish pronounciation)

#3 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:I’m a little bit of a dork. I actually like hanging out with my family. I like to scrapbook and crochet. There’s nothing like a warm mug of coffee or tea on a really cold morning. I love to sing. Being with my friends makes me happy. I like genealogy. Knowing about the past helps me prepare for the future. I’m über curious. Music is my anti-drug. I can’t read music, so I memorized every piece of music I ever played in band. I can play the clarinet, flute, piano, tenor sax, and alto sax. I love taking pictures…I guess you could say that I’m a real shutterbug. I love the smell of gas, tire, and lumber. There is nothing better than those smells. Really. I’m a huge movie buff. I like funny movies, but romantic movies are my favorite. Typical girl, right? I’m a big sap when it comes to love: I believe everybody should get to feel the intensity of true love.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

What's the Spanish pronounciation?

#4 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

IN-grid

just as it's written.

#5 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Too harsh and old-fashioned. It's not a contemporary or timeless name.

#6 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

What's the english pronounciation?
I too only know the Spanish pronounciation.
And just to throw in my two cents, the only Ingrid I know I don't like, so it's not my 'style'.

#7 LilLinds

LilLinds

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

IN-grid is how I pronounce Ingrid also. I can't think of another logical way, honestly. I love it.

#8 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, the Spanish way is the English way also. :D
I still really like it, but we may end up with two boys so we may not need a girl's name. :D

#9 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

IN-grid is how I pronounce Ingrid also. I can't think of another logical way, honestly. I love it.

Yeah but some people like the 'illogical', so it's best to be safe.
Ingrid is nice, I just relate it someone who got on my nerves.

#10 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hmm, you know now that you mention it, I've never met an Ingrid. I'll have to ask Dave if he has.
The only Ingrid I can think of is the singer Ingrid Michaelson, whom I love!! :D

#11 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, and Rory & Ingrid don't exactly roll off the tongue do they?
(as a sibset, I mean)
Oh well, thanks for the input everybody!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users