7 replies to this topic

#1 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

Today I met sisters named Samia (or Samiya, I don't know) and Marwa. They were really cute and the names fit them so well. I especially like Samia, what do you think of these?

#2 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

They're not really my style. The type of exotic names I'm drawn to are Leila, Ilayda, Amina, or Fatima.

#3 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

I also like Amina and Fatima, though the former always reminds me of amino acids and the latter would be downright cruel for a chubby girl in an English-speaking country.

#4 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Sarmia is quite cute, I'm not keen on Marwa

#5 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

And today I ran across an Andrielle. I suppose it's a mix of Andrea and Gabrielle, but I could be wrong. What do you think of it?

#6 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:04 AM

Andrielle is different. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it.

#7 Diana

Diana

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:LOVE - my family, friends, house, cooking, golfing, being irish, music is so fun, though never have been blessed with anything close to talent. parties, especially pool parties rock! names OF course and nicknames on my children are always enjoyable since there are so many!, having red hair, shopping, tennis, beach.<br />HATE - that my eyesight is getting worse, navigating my way through cities, thinking about ever leaving my town, when people butchered my maiden name(it was straightforward), sticky things, ridiculous prices at our movie theatres, driving(though it's inevitable that i do drive).

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

samia are marwa are okay, they're growing on me. i really like the name fatima... i knew an amina spelled emina, i liked that...
andrielle is alright, it sounds like something my first husband would have liked. it almost sounds too made up to me though it is nice. i feel like i know so many exotic names, but ii'm having a brainf art right now haha.. i did meet one cute girl once i don't know the spelling but it was pronounced serita..
oh and once i met an aphia and gabria... it was pronounced with stress on the phi and i can't remember for the second one if it was GABria or gaBRIa..

#8 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

Gabria isn't so bad, but Aphia and Serita I don't care for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users